Once simple day....

rabiddawg
Captain
Captain

Re: Once simple day....

Post by rabiddawg »

Sailer55330, I know what you are going thru.

One of my best friends quote “always some bull$41t” and that’s the way it has been with my boat. I just know that once I work thru everything it will give me years of service.
2003 262 8.1 Volvo
Mike in SC
Captain
Captain

Post by Mike in SC »

The trailer thing is a pretty minor issue. Do you have a mobile trailer service near you?
Also, find someone who does marine canvas/upholstery and ask them to repair that rip.
My 800 watt JL amp just quit. I think it's under warranty, but it is a pain to pull it and replace it.
Mike in SC
Lake Murray, SC
2003 Cobalt 220
350 Mag MPI/Merc Bravo 3
sailor55330
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by sailor55330 »

Mike-

Good suggestions. I will be able to repair the trailer, now that I have found the brake line. No one locally to me carries them. It seems on my trailer it is 1/8" brake line and no one carries that. All of the places that make brake lines don't carry anything smaller than 1/4 and can't get the fittings for 1/8, or so they say. I tried all the major auto stores and no one has one with the correct fittings. Tried 2 local trailer shops and they are not in stock.

Finally found what I needed online, but will take a week to get here with the holiday.

As for the repair, my wife will be able to repair once her new machine arrives--been on backorder since March with nothing on the horizon. I'm more worried about being able to smooth and buff the rub rail otherwise it's going to happen again.