Ladder Upgrade on 220

AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ladder Upgrade on 220

Post by AsLan7 »

doubledinn69 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:51 pm Has anyone replaced their two step telescoping side ladder. I just bought a 2006 220 and mine gets stuck and hard to pull out. I've tried silicone spray, etc...and it helps for a little while but then becomes difficult again. I've thought about making a plate to bolt a more traditional ladder with parallel telescoping sides on each side of the step but one of the rub rail brackets is in the way.

Looking to install something like this. Anyone do this and can explain or post pictures of what they did?

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-mar ... ecordNum=6
. Hey DD69. Thanks for coming out of the woodwork!

I had a similar ladder on our 262. Works great but it will also stick eventually. Just need to lubricate every once in awhile like you mentioned.

Any pics?? :)

An official welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Another member in Poland is having the same issue. He thinks his gut bent a bit causing it. Sorry no other help with a new one. But I wouldn't change mine to that style.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
hawranek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hawranek »

I removed that ladder and cleaned it with a lot fresh water and used compressed air. The problem in mine is that dirt acumulates inside of sliding parts (plastic bushings). After good but long cleaning It helped. So I plan to do It twice a season.
Hawranek
2007 Cobalt 212 (VP 5.0 GXI DP)
Mike in SC
Captain
Captain

Post by Mike in SC »

We have the 2 step side mount ladder. As one mentioned, we also put a knee on the lower rung, then work our way up.
It's been a couple years since I could hoist myself up much of a distance, so the ladder is important to us.
Another step would be nice though...
Mike in SC
Lake Murray, SC
2003 Cobalt 220
350 Mag MPI/Merc Bravo 3
Tell3131
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tell3131 »

doubledinn69 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:51 pm Has anyone replaced their two step telescoping side ladder. I just bought a 2006 220 and mine gets stuck and hard to pull out. I've tried silicone spray, etc...and it helps for a little while but then becomes difficult again. I've thought about making a plate to bolt a more traditional ladder with parallel telescoping sides on each side of the step but one of the rub rail brackets is in the way.

Looking to install something like this. Anyone do this and can explain or post pictures of what they did?

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-mar ... ecordNum=6
Did you ever replace your ladder? If yes, with what? How did it fit?
2022 R8 (Volvo 380)
doubledinn69
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doubledinn69 »

I did not. Just couldn't find something that I thought would work well.
fischelr01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by fischelr01 »

hawranek wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:58 pm I removed that ladder and cleaned it with a lot fresh water and used compressed air. The problem in mine is that dirt acumulates inside of sliding parts (plastic bushings). After good but long cleaning It helped. So I plan to do It twice a season.
When you removed and cleaned, did you go from the top? Is there a way to disassemble and clean individual parts?
2008 252 8.1 Gi
Lake Lanier, GA
hawranek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hawranek »

From top and there is a small hole at the bottom.
Hawranek
2007 Cobalt 212 (VP 5.0 GXI DP)