Great story

(non-boating; no politics!)
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Great story

Post by Tuscany »

Today was the NASCAR race at the Glen. One of my younger meat cutters is an abnormally enthusiastic Chase Elliott fan. Nick has a whole group of friends who follow the sport, and bust his balls regularly when Chase loses. Those who follow NASCAR, know the story. Lots of second place finishes, and no wins. Since the Glen is so close a pretty large contingent from my town goes to that race. Yeah, I have a couple large flat screen in the meat cutting room to keep the guys happy durning football, hockey and racing seasons. It’s like a damn sports bar, I mean meat room...

So Nick takes the weekend off for the race and camps with his friends. So after Chase finally won, Nick makes his way to Victory Lane, and when Chase got out of his car, somehow, he spotted Nick with his over the top NAPA gear and cape, and goes directly over and shakes his hand. BOOM.
Just too cool, and it couldn’t happen to a more loyal, hard working, high character kid like Nick.

Now, let’s see if he comes off of cloud 9 by Tuesday..🤣

Great vid.. Nicks a little drunk🤣

https://www.facebook.com/tricia.dejoe/v ... 4NjIyNzk1/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Great story

Post by Big Block Power »

That's really cool. I was a big fan years ago. Ive been to a bunch of races and I have a bunch of autographs. Once time at Michigan Bobbie Labonte was walking right behind me in the pits. It was pretty funny.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

That's awesome Tusc! Thanks for sharing!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

I can’t see the vid tusc!
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Bobo87
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Bobo87 »

Great story Tusc. Always a once in a lifetime event when you get to meet one of your hero’s. Glad to here you have been supportive of Nick’s passion.
2007 212 5.0 GXi DP Volvo Penta
Tubing, Skiing, and all around boating fun!
Texas Sun & Fun!
2016 Yamaha VX Cruiser
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

I'm not much of a Nascar fan, but I did manage to get a picture with this guy once.
20180806_072134.png
Another time backstage at Barrett-Jackson we had some folks come into our room. I recognized Bret Michaels and got up to get a picture. Someone said "Whitey do you know who you just walked by to get a picture of that guy?

It was Mario Andretti..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Black Boats Matter"
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

I know that guy, it's YT! I'm not sure who the guy in the hat is..🤣🤣🤣

That crazy experienice couldn't happen to a better kid.
I've had hundreds of kids work for us over the years. It's like fishing when hiring. Sometimes you pull up bass, but most of the time it's carp.
My wife hired Nick when he was 16, almost to 9 years ago. He came by himself, looking all of 12 years old. The first time I saw Nick, and saw that his voice hadn't changed yet, I asked her WTF? Why hire a 12 year old. She laughed at me and said he had the brightest smile and had the nuts ride up on his bike to ask for a job all by himself. We started him in our out outdoor food trailer and also in the greenhouse. The within two years, he was basically running the trailer (53' foot kitchen and storage) hiring and firing kids while running the trailer for us.
Yeah, he's quite the kid. Smart, common sense and my fix-it man when I'm not there.

My son's right hand man.
Last edited by Tuscany on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

That's awesome Tuscany, and even better that you can speak into his life. Hard telling what kind of influence you've had on him and all the other kids that's worked for you over the years, and the life lessons you've taught them. Heck I'd come work for you in a heartbeat but you'd probably fire me for eating up all the profits!
"Black Boats Matter"
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Ytmsn wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:53 am That's awesome Tuscany, and even better that you can speak into his life. Hard telling what kind of influence you've had on him and all the other kids that's worked for you over the years, and the life lessons you've taught them. Heck I'd come work for you in a heartbeat but you'd probably fire me for eating up all the profits!
Haha YT, I always said if I had to work for me, I'd fire me before noon!🤣🤣
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
hoghead54
Captain
Captain

Post by hoghead54 »

Tuscany wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:50 am I know that guy, it's YT! I'm not sure who the guy in the hat is..🤣🤣🤣

That crazy experienice couldn't happen to a better kid.
I've had hundreds of kids work for us over the years. It's like fishing when hiring. Sometimes you pull up bass, but most of the time it's carp.
My wife hired Nick when he was 16, almost to 9 years ago. He came by himself, looking all of 12 years old. The first time I saw Nick, and saw that his voice hadn't changed yet, I asked her WTF? Why hire a 12 year old. She laughed at me and said he had the brightest smile and had the nuts ride up on his bike to ask for a job all by himself. We started him in our out outdoor food trailer and also in the greenhouse. The within two years, he was basically running the trailer (53' foot kitchen and storage) hiring and firing kids while running the trailer for us.
Yeah, he's quite the kid. Smart, common sense and my fix-it man when I'm not there.

My son's right hand man.
👍
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Great pics from both you guys.....and even better stories. Thanks for posting. 8-)
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Southernboatman
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Southernboatman »

Awesome Tuscany! Really nice like said already, being supportive of Nick and being this excited for him. He sounds like one of the hard to find ones like you said already too! Is that him, the tall Brunette in the halter top? :lol: :lol: Great on Chase Elliots part too! Good for Nick!
2014 R5, Black on Black & White Edge Stripe
Volvo Penta 380hp
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

I dont know about Nick but I did see BB in the background. Did you know he was there Tusc?
Screenshot_20180812-134535_Chrome.jpg
"Black Boats Matter"
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

haha!
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL