Custom Elevators for 190 Build Thread!

(Cobalt Boats)
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Custom Elevators for 190 Build Thread!

Post by Ytmsn »

Matt I still chuckie at your response in the other thread. Not only were you the first to respond, but you did indeed say "brace yourself" in anticipation of what was about to unfold.
It seems that has become my new moniker for the last few days. Silly, I know, and I'm the only one around here that knows the inside joke, but it makes me smile nonetheless. I still wonder where it might have gone had had John's wisdom not shut'er down. Shoot, even Driller the Sane wanted to jump on that bandwagon with loads of... suggestions.

And going back to reread there was actually some pretty solid advice given.

Once again, Matt gets the Gold Star. Using the greatest boat of all time as a dingy on a yacht is perfect.

Which brings me to another topic only slightly off course, which is what we do best around here... I mean, someone asks a perfectly legitimate question about gracefully sawing the arch off of a used boat worth a hundred thousand clams, and we post videos on how to twerk.

So, in the spirit of derailing...Liquid, Im thinking that someone once said the 190 is the Greatest of All Time. Therefore I expect to see in the not-too-distant future a new name on the back of your dinghy.

The GOAT
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Ytmsn wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:08 am Matt I still chuckie at your response in the other thread. Not only were you the first to respond, but you did indeed say "brace yourself" in anticipation of what was about to unfold.
It seems that has become my new moniker for the last few days. Silly, I know, and I'm the only one around here that knows the inside joke, but it makes me smile nonetheless. I still wonder where it might have gone had had John's wisdom not shut'er down. Shoot, even Driller the Sane wanted to jump on that bandwagon with loads of... suggestions.

And going back to reread there was actually some pretty solid advice given.

Once again, Matt gets the Gold Star. Using the greatest boat of all time as a dingy on a yacht is perfect.

Which brings me to another topic only slightly off course, which is what we do best around here... I mean, someone asks a perfectly legitimate question about gracefully sawing the arch off of a used boat worth a hundred thousand clams, and we post videos on how to twerk.

So, in the spirit of derailing...Liquid, Im thinking that someone once said the 190 is the Greatest of All Time. Therefore I expect to see in the not-too-distant future a new name on the back of your dinghy.

The GOAT
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It certainly is fitting.

Queenie is both sentimental and dangerous to me which is why I haven't put it on yet. I'm honestly scared to.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

liquid wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:34 pm Driller - any thoughts on offshore rig lighting we could repurpose for the undercarriage?
Rig lighting would not be fitting for a Cobalt. I recommend replacing all nav lights onboard with the single sailboat mast mounted light. After you get hit my some drunk idiot then the replacement value for such a one-of-a-kind boat would be thru the roof.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

So now liquid has on the chopped bow riding dingy carrying yacht, snakes and turtles and a goat. We shall now name it Queenie Of The Ark.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

How in the world did I miss this? This place needs a hall of fame forum and this thread needs to be the first one enshrined into it.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L - Sold
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:59 pm So now liquid has on the chopped bow riding dingy carrying yacht, snakes and turtles and a goat. We shall now name it Queenie Of The Ark.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

NautiGirl wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:42 am How in the world did I miss this? This place needs a hall of fame forum and this thread needs to be the first one enshrined into it.

I buried it on purpose. The original got shut down before I could respond.

Figured everyone'd find their way here eventually. :D
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

liquid wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:25 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:42 am How in the world did I miss this? This place needs a hall of fame forum and this thread needs to be the first one enshrined into it.

I'm just now seeing this....and its hilarious. Agree with Nauti, we need a HOF thread and this one goes in first.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Table Rockin wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:11 am
liquid wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:25 pm

I'm just now seeing this....and its hilarious. Agree with Nauti, we need a HOF thread and this one goes in first.

I love when this pops up. Glad you enjoyed.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Kate
Captain
Captain

Post by Kate »

liquid wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:23 am Also definitely need to add some kind of ballast system to accommodate the extra weight... any ideas guys?
All of those brilliant, eminently doable remod suggestions. (Removing the windshield, though, is a bit outlandish.) But nobody addressed your ballast problem. Here's the obvious solution: Inflatable air chambers -- aka "Buoying Vessels Over Shoals." Patent # 6,469. Issued in 1849 (to Abe Lincoln). No need to worry about infringement or royalties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_L ... Patent.jpg
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Kate wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:00 am
liquid wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:23 am Also definitely need to add some kind of ballast system to accommodate the extra weight... any ideas guys?
All of those brilliant, eminently doable remod suggestions. (Removing the windshield, though, is a bit outlandish.) But nobody addressed your ballast problem. Here's the obvious solution: Inflatable air chambers -- aka "Buoying Vessels Over Shoals." Patent # 6,469. Issued in 1849 (to Abe Lincoln). No need to worry about infringement or royalties.

Bravo Kate! :)
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Kate wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:00 am

Allow me to officially welcome you to the club. ;)
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
okielaker
Captain
Captain

Post by okielaker »

How about getting a second 190, mount the arch to both vessels (spread the weight out),
so that the starboard side of the arch mounts on the port side of the starboard vessel, and
vice-versa. Hinge the mounts so that the boats can tilt on their long axes.

Then install trim tabs on both boats, so that you can raise/lower the adjacent sides,
thus raising/lowering the arch. Think you'll need some fly-by-wire controls for steering,
throttles, tabs, etc. But the good news is you have $50k to play with for starters....
2008 272 8.1L 375hp VP
Buncombe Creek, Lake Texoma
Kate
Captain
Captain

Post by Kate »

Engineering. Engineering. Engineering. What about passenger comfort?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dudley67
Captain
Captain

Post by Dudley67 »

Since you may add davits, might as well stow a couple of these onboard for fishing..
BFFC358E-A444-487A-9A36-790959EEE3A8.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current:

2016 Marker One ML4
“Looney toon”

1975 18TH
“Phoenix”

Past:
2001 226
1989 19BR
2007 252
1992 222 Condurre