Va Police on Jet Ski.

(DC, DE, MD, NC, NJ, PA, VA, WV)
dogwspts
Captain
Captain

Va Police on Jet Ski.

Post by dogwspts »

Saw a first for me today a Va State Police on a Jet Ski. Not sure if he was Marine Police or not. Had a fellow pulled over.
2017 220S 4.5 250 Mercruser Bravo 3
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Va Police on Jet Ski.

Post by cmattj »

Yep.. sneaky sneaky.

Pics or it didn’t happen. Cmon I’m sure they’ll have a sense of humor.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Norris_Boating
Captain
Captain

Post by Norris_Boating »

Haha, that would be a first.
2016 220
2019 R7 Surf
White and Red V8-380CE EVC DP (FWD) - 380 hp
sailor55330
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by sailor55330 »

Haven't seen police, but DNR all the time on jet skis around here. There's one guy that uses the same ramp and blocks part of the ramp approach area with his truck and trailer....makes it a real pain. You would think since the trailer says MN DNR all over it, he might want to be a littler more considerate. My buddy politely asked him to move it one day as he was trying to launch...the response "you can always find another ramp, I'm DNR". A real sweetheart.....and yes, my buddy got pulled over later that day by the same guy and given a very intense inspection and the guy kept trying to sniff his breath for alcohol.

Not sure why some have to be such jerks.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

sailor55330 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:45 am Haven't seen police, but DNR all the time on jet skis around here. There's one guy that uses the same ramp and blocks part of the ramp approach area with his truck and trailer....makes it a real pain. You would think since the trailer says MN DNR all over it, he might want to be a littler more considerate. My buddy politely asked him to move it one day as he was trying to launch...the response "you can always find another ramp, I'm DNR". A real sweetheart.....and yes, my buddy got pulled over later that day by the same guy and given a very intense inspection and the guy kept trying to sniff his breath for alcohol.

Not sure why some have to be such jerks.
That doesn’t fly with me.
I’d be going right up the chain with his supervisor or the media.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Plus one A7! And if a guy started chasing me down on a jet ski I would hope it had lights on it or the ole potato launcher might come out. That would be pretty funny. Well, it would be at first for a little while anyway...
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Had a DNR on a ski pull up on my starboard side and grabbed the windshield next to the helm and said “stop the boat”. No visible LEO markings on his wetsuit from where I could see, and didn’t identify himself as such.

I said “get the F*%# off my boat” at which point he pushed off and pointed to the side of his ski where is said Sheriff. I said “you should identify yourself if you’re going to grab my boat and order me to stop. He actually apologized and conducted a safety check very politely and sent me on my way.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes