Kid Skis

NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Kid Skis

Post by NautiGirl »

Scored a deal at one of the marinas last weekend... Everything was 50% off... Even their kid skis they used as rentals this year. Kids these days have it easy... When I learned to ski I had to keep my skis together all on my own! No helper bar and rope to tie them together! Merry Christmas from Aunt Kate!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L - Sold
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Kid Skis

Post by Big Block Power »

Yep that's awesome. I am a bit sad. We got our GD some last Xmas and we never got to use them this year.
Aunt Katie you rock girl 😎😎😎😎
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

I was given some youth skis by my brother-in-law who is no longer into boating as his kids are grown. In the 6 years or so we've had them, they've been used twice. When we put our last boat up for sale, I put the skis in my garage.

Fast forward to last weekend. My daughter turned 21. Girls from college came by our house, decorated, and had small girl party for her before going out. One of their boyfriends was dropping them off and Beale Street to party, and they were to Uber home. He showed up in small car. Wife has Acura MDX with 3rd row seating. I went to clean out back of car to raise third row seats. Got them up, started backing out of garage because he wasn't familiar with out curved driveway. I'd forgotten to close rear passenger door in the dark, hit the skis leaning up against a shelve and wall, and they put hole in garage. Wife yelled to pull forward. My car is Mercedes. I went for reverse, instead hit windshield wipers, and backed up again, messing up door....
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Any pictures of the skis and the wall and the car. I use the shifter in the console or works really nice. Not a blinker stalk. Crazy Germans😂😂😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Krob1114 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:39 am I was given some youth skis by my brother-in-law who is no longer into boating as his kids are grown. In the 6 years or so we've had them, they've been used twice. When we put our last boat up for sale, I put the skis in my garage.

Fast forward to last weekend. My daughter turned 21. Girls from college came by our house, decorated, and had small girl party for her before going out. One of their boyfriends was dropping them off and Beale Street to party, and they were to Uber home. He showed up in small car. Wife has Acura MDX with 3rd row seating. I went to clean out back of car to raise third row seats. Got them up, started backing out of garage because he wasn't familiar with out curved driveway. I'd forgotten to close rear passenger door in the dark, hit the skis leaning up against a shelve and wall, and they put hole in garage. Wife yelled to pull forward. My car is Mercedes. I went for reverse, instead hit windshield wipers, and backed up again, messing up door....
Oh that's funny and tragic at the same time. :lol: :( :) :oops: :? 8-)
Thanks for sharing that K1114...we've certainly all been there. BBP? ;)
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AsLan7 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:56 pm
Krob1114 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:39 am I was given some youth skis by my brother-in-law who is no longer into boating as his kids are grown. In the 6 years or so we've had them, they've been used twice. When we put our last boat up for sale, I put the skis in my garage.

Oh that's funny and tragic at the same time. :lol: :( :) :oops: :? 8-)
Thanks for sharing that K1114...we've certainly all been there. BBP? ;)
Dam garage will get you everytime. It eats mirrors too. 😂😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

Estimate on car was $1000. We have $500 deductible. Wife is on girl trip in islands. Mercedes is in the shop. I paid body shop $100 to bend door back and not fix small, barely noticeable cosmetic blemishes because car has high miles. I feel like I got lucky. Hole in garage is only dry wall.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Dudley67
Captain
Captain

Post by Dudley67 »

Krob1114 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:14 am Estimate on car was $1000. We have $500 deductible. Wife is on girl trip in islands. Mercedes is in the shop. I paid body shop $100 to bend door back and not fix small, barely noticeable cosmetic blemishes because car has high miles. I feel like I got lucky. Hole in garage is only dry wall.
Well done!
EF561702-794F-451D-8918-2F25B9B07E44.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current:

2016 Marker One ML4
“Looney toon”

1975 18TH
“Phoenix”

Past:
2001 226
1989 19BR
2007 252
1992 222 Condurre