Golf Carts

(AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MO, MS, SC, TN)
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Golf Carts

Post by cmattj »

Damn guys.. nice set ups. I’m torn whom I shall start the adopt me process with now. Awesome caves and carts!!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Table Rockin wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:21 am
MnLakeBum wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:59 am I owned this used EZGO 48V for 4 years but sold it with our California home and golf membership last June. It was damn handy for things like getting my kegs down to the man cave rather than hauling them around the house and down the stairs by hand.

I'm shopping now for a 6 passenger golf cart, likely and EZGO or Yamaha, for our lake home. Half the homeowners on our private road have one for running down to the local bar/restaurant and golf course that is only .6 miles away.
Best use of a golf cart ive ever seen! And another guy with an in home kegerator!
Wait, those aren't child seats?
2019-03-08 21.34.26.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Lol....my wife made me install seat belts on the rear seat for the kids. I said we didnt need them but they were easy to install.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Looks good TR! Except...
You have far too few bottles on the shelf, and too many with a half inch. Need to polissh those off and replace. Add more scotch...
I'm really diggin your Dos Equis bar stool backs!
And where is the couch for me to sleep on when I come to visit? 😁

Akro, those kids racks work fine on the back. Tried, tested and proven!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Ytmsn wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:49 am Looks good TR! Except...
You have far too few bottles on the shelf, and too many with a half inch. Need to polissh those off and replace. Add more scotch...
I'm really diggin your Dos Equis bar stool backs!
And where is the couch for me to sleep on when I come to visit? 😁

Akro, those kids racks work fine on the back. Tried, tested and proven!
I was wondering if you'd comment on that YT. Agreed these shots were taken the day before I restocked with lots of bourbons. It is a sad site to see the shelf mostly empty. The bar stools have been nice, though some are getting a bit "weak". I suppose my fat ass sitting on them over the years has taken its toll.
"The Mistress"
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

MnLakeBum wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:35 pm Love it! Looks like a perfect basement set up to me!
We need more pics of your basement please :D
"The Mistress"
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Taco Tuesday is usually Boating.. The wifey decided to break out the Golf cart, and I thought of this thread.
Former tow vehicle pit cart that I still loce, and use. We live in a Golf community so it’s legal in certain areas.
I’m horrible at Golf, but great at partying on one.!
0CFF749F-1A79-43B4-AD47-CA347128D0BF.jpeg
So off to our local Mexican restaurant for Tacos and lemonade.
6962D1A1-1EB0-46F2-AEFE-540D86E9CA96.jpeg
Then let the RGB gangster style us through the hood.
8B86F95A-9F64-4BEF-818F-30E6EDB598E4.jpeg
Parked for another non- golf adventure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

cmattj wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:53 pm Taco Tuesday is usually Boating.. The wifey decided to break out the Golf cart, and I thought of this thread.
Former tow vehicle pit cart that I still loce, and use. We live in a Golf community so it’s legal in certain areas.

0CFF749F-1A79-43B4-AD47-CA347128D0BF.jpeg

So off to our local Mexican restaurant for Tacos and lemonade.
6962D1A1-1EB0-46F2-AEFE-540D86E9CA96.jpeg

Then let the RGB gangster style us through the hood.
8B86F95A-9F64-4BEF-818F-30E6EDB598E4.jpeg

Parked for another non- golf adventure.
Nice cart! EzGo TXT?
"The Mistress"
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Table Rockin wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:06 am

Nice cart! EzGo TXT?
Exactly.. Gas Version. I’d like to upgrade to your style and the others as they look great lifted...but it fits perfectly in its spot.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

cmattj wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:37 am

Nice cart! EzGo TXT?
Exactly.. Gas Version. I’d like to upgrade to your style and the others as they look great lifted...but it fits perfectly in its spot.

You hit the trifecta Matt

Loce the color combo. :mrgreen:
Loce the setup. :mrgreen:
Loce the comments. :mrgreen:

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

cmattj wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:37 am

Nice cart! EzGo TXT?
Perfect fit indeed! Love the rocker panels. I added some to aluminum ones to mine as well. Really stands out.
"The Mistress"
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Ytmsn wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:39 am
Table Rockin wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:51 am So....YT how do you store your cart in the off season and when you are away? I'm going to have to keep mine outdoors so was just thinking of getting a cover that comes down around the tires.
That's what I do. I need to buy a new cover because my last one got shredded in the tornado last fall. It sits outside all the time.

When I get to the lake, I pitch the cover off, do a quick wash and wipe down and take off. And I plug it in every time I come back to my parking spot.

Then when we leave, put the cover back on, run around the bottom with some bungie cords to hold it on, and make sure its plugged in!
So I'm running into issues now with my cart storage options which is kinda pissing me off......so I need to look for alternative solutions. YT, when you plug yours in for its long winters nap where does the charger stay? I assume you keep it covered somehow? I'm looking at an option to have some power run to basically a open area but wondered where I'd physically put the charger....do you think it would be a big no no to have the charger sitting on a concrete block that is set on the floorboards of the cart? That way the charger is covered but I worry about the amount of heat generated during the summer months with this setup. The charger would be baking inside the covered cart would be my guess.
"The Mistress"
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Table Rockin wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:30 am
Table Rockin wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:51 am So....YT how do you store your cart in the off season and when you are away? I'm going to have to keep mine outdoors so was just thinking of getting a cover that comes down around the tires.
That's what I do. I need to buy a new cover because my last one got shredded in the tornado last fall. It sits outside all the time.

When I get to the lake, I pitch the cover off, do a quick wash and wipe down and take off. And I plug it in every time I come back to my parking spot.

Then when we leave, put the cover back on, run around the bottom with some bungie cords to hold it on, and make sure its plugged in!
So I'm running into issues now with my cart storage options which is kinda pissing me off......so I need to look for alternative solutions. YT, when you plug yours in for its long winters nap where does the charger stay? I assume you keep it covered somehow? I'm looking at an option to have some power run to basically a open area but wondered where I'd physically put the charger....do you think it would be a big no no to have the charger sitting on a concrete block that is set on the floorboards of the cart? That way the charger is covered but I worry about the amount of heat generated during the summer months with this setup. The charger would be baking inside the covered cart would be my guess.
TR my charger is on board underneath the front seat. And yes, I leave it plugged in all the time summer and winter. If you set your charger on a block with a cover on the entire cart you should be fine.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Ytmsn wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:27 pm

TR my charger is on board underneath the front seat. And yes, I leave it plugged in all the time summer and winter. If you set your charger on a block with a cover on the entire cart you should be fine.
Perfect. Thanks YT. I posted this same question in the BGW forum and they also concurred. I was mostly worried about the heat of the summer and it its impact on the charger. Should be back to good!
"The Mistress"
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Table Rockin wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:31 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:27 pm

Perfect. Thanks YT. I posted this same question in the BGW forum and they also concurred. I was mostly worried about the heat of the summer and it its impact on the charger. Should be back to good!
Mine is onboard under the front seat also. If it gets too hot it goes into some sort of slow charge mode. So far no problem.

One tip, can't recall exactly, but my charger requires an 8 or 10 gauge extension cord and its own receptacle. Tried a smaller cord (slow charge mode), and a bigger cord plugged into a surge protector (slow charge mode). Finally used the bigger cord on a 15 or 20 amp breaker. No problems. Of course the longer the distance the bigger the cord has to be. I ended up with an 8 gauge X 50' if memory serves me correctly.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"