Golf Carts

(AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MO, MS, SC, TN)
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Golf Carts

Post by MnLakeBum »

I owned this used EZGO 48V for 4 years but sold it with our California home and golf membership last June. It was damn handy for things like getting my kegs down to the man cave rather than hauling them around the house and down the stairs by hand.

I'm shopping now for a 6 passenger golf cart, likely and EZGO or Yamaha, for our lake home. Half the homeowners on our private road have one for running down to the local bar/restaurant and golf course that is only .6 miles away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP
2016 Marker One 28’ with 350 Verado
2019 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage 300 Verado
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Ytmsn wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:39 am
Table Rockin wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:51 am So....YT how do you store your cart in the off season and when you are away? I'm going to have to keep mine outdoors so was just thinking of getting a cover that comes down around the tires.
That's what I do. I need to buy a new cover because my last one got shredded in the tornado last fall. It sits outside all the time.

When I get to the lake, I pitch the cover off, do a quick wash and wipe down and take off. And I plug it in every time I come back to my parking spot.

Then when we leave, put the cover back on, run around the bottom with some bungie cords to hold it on, and make sure its plugged in!
Thanks YT that makes me feel better about leaving it out all the time. You pull the batteries over winter?
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

MnLakeBum wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:59 am I owned this used EZGO 48V for 4 years but sold it with our California home and golf membership last June. It was damn handy for things like getting my kegs down to the man cave rather than hauling them around the house and down the stairs by hand.

I'm shopping now for a 6 passenger golf cart, likely and EZGO or Yamaha, for our lake home. Half the homeowners on our private road have one for running down to the local bar/restaurant and golf course that is only .6 miles away.
Best use of a golf cart ive ever seen! And another guy with an in home kegerator!
"The Mistress"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Table Rockin wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:21 am
MnLakeBum wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:59 am I owned this used EZGO 48V for 4 years but sold it with our California home and golf membership last June. It was damn handy for things like getting my kegs down to the man cave rather than hauling them around the house and down the stairs by hand.

Best use of a golf cart ive ever seen! And another guy with an in home kegerator!
So now you drive your golf cart in your home. Man sounds fun I'm coming over. Look out Michael Andretti!!!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by MnLakeBum »

Yep, I spent k-12 and graduated from college in Wisconsin so a kegerator at home is considered normal. Typically a 1/2 barrel(15.5 gallons) lasts about 5 weeks but if a something like hosting a Christmas Party or my 21 year old son has some buddies stop by it may only last 5 days. I obviously put a kegerator in at the lake home and I’m an IPA guy so it’s normally something like a Deschutes Fresh Squeezed or a Surly Furious on tap. If you look at the back bar counter in between the two beers on the counter you can see the tap handle. :D One more reason for a few Cobalt Chat buddies to stop by for a cold one this summer!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Thats a great setup. I love IPAs as well. Its pretty much the only style beer I drank for maybe 6 years or so. I was brewing my own for a couple years. I wish I was still doing that but I just dont have the time lately to mess with it. Any free weekends now in boating season I look to the boat first and she always wins :)

Pool table as well....nice. I'll post some pics of my basement later. I may rival you in this one thing only......maybe.....probably not.....
"The Mistress"
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

YT - where did you get your cover? or did you do a DIY thing?
"The Mistress"
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Table Rockin wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:42 pm YT - where did you get your cover? or did you do a DIY thing?
I ordered it online somewhere. I need to find another one pretty quick and when I find it I'll let you know where.

You asked about my batteries and no, I don't take them out over winter, I just plug the charger in. It keeps them maintained all winter long.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Ytmsn wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:44 pm
Table Rockin wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:42 pm YT - where did you get your cover? or did you do a DIY thing?
I ordered it online somewhere. I need to find another one pretty quick and when I find it I'll let you know where.

You asked about my batteries and no, I don't take them out over winter, I just plug the charger in. It keeps them maintained all winter long.
Good to hear YT....you've alleviated some concerns I was having in doing this. One other question, what do you do about the water levels in the batteries and such over winter? You probably get to your place in the winter more often than I do or will. So maybe you fill up periodically over winter?
"The Mistress"
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

I spent the night there Tuesday and it's the first time I've been back since the first week in December. I have a new Wednesday evening gig over in that area so I wanted to stop by and check on things, and my cart batteries was one of them. My cart has been plugged in all this time and they were fine.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

I top em off when I park it for the winter and leave it on the maintainer, going on 3 years with no issues.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Good deal guys. Thanks for the feedback!
"The Mistress"
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

MnLakeBum wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:19 pm

Yep, I spent k-12 and graduated from college in Wisconsin so a kegerator at home is considered normal. Typically a 1/2 barrel(15.5 gallons) lasts about 5 weeks but if a something like hosting a Christmas Party or my 21 year old son has some buddies stop by it may only last 5 days. I obviously put a kegerator in at the lake home and I’m an IPA guy so it’s normally something like a Deschutes Fresh Squeezed or a Surly Furious on tap. If you look at the back bar counter in between the two beers on the counter you can see the tap handle. :D One more reason for a few Cobalt Chat buddies to stop by for a cold one this summer!
Here are some bar area pics in my basement.
"The Mistress"
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Last couple
"The Mistress"
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by MnLakeBum »

Love it! Looks like a perfect basement set up to me!
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP