On board air compressor.

Jeeper
Captain
Captain

On board air compressor.

Post by Jeeper »

Has anyone got the factory on board air compressors? I ordered one on my R5 surf but haven’t seen one or heard how they work. If anyone has any experience with one, please let me know what you think.
2019 R5 Surf 380 VP.
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: On board air compressor.

Post by tgrace98 »

Jeeper wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:56 pm Has anyone got the factory on board air compressors? I ordered one on my R5 surf but haven’t seen one or heard how they work. If anyone has any experience with one, please let me know what you think.
My 262 had one. You just flip the switch on the compressor to turn it on and plug your inflatable to the nozzle. Easy peasy
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Jeeper
Captain
Captain

Post by Jeeper »

Thanks for the info. That sounds much better than digging out the portable compressor and connecting to the battery.
2019 R5 Surf 380 VP.
Red Stripe
Commander
Commander

Post by Red Stripe »

I had a factory one in my 263 and it was very slow. I am sure a new one would be much faster. I removed the factory compressor and installed a 12v outlet in its place wired it to the factory wires. Now I use a portable with a long cord and it is much faster.

https://www.amazon.com/AIRHEAD-Waterspo ... way&sr=8-6
Red Stripe
"If it was easy everyone would do it"
Cobalt 263
JRC413
Ensign
Ensign

Post by JRC413 »

Just curious, my 262 WSS supposedly has the factory onboard compressor but I’ve never seen one or figured out where to look if it’s missing....lol. Can someone tell me exactly what it is that I should be looking for and where to look for it? It’s a 2011 cobalt 262 WSS.....thanks!
jma2@fuse.net
Commander
Commander

Post by jma2@fuse.net »

Factory compressor was made by MetroVac, which makes their products in the USA. Here is the link to what came in my boat, except that mine's white, not orange. Works great, and conveniently stores under seat with mounting brackets installed by Cobalt. Very long cord to move about in the boat. I would recommend getting a hose so you don't have to hold entire compressor to use it.

https://metrovac.com/collections/marine ... 9308749897
2016 CS3
Volvo 280-G
Cincinnati, OH/Norris Lake, TN
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Red Stripe wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:18 pm I had a factory one in my 263 and it was very slow. I am sure a new one would be much faster. I removed the factory compressor and installed a 12v outlet in its place wired it to the factory wires. Now I use a portable with a long cord and it is much faster.

Same here. I have the oem one and I never use it. I bought a good Ole Coleman small one from wally world and it works twice as good. My 1 cent.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Holy Smokes
Captain
Captain

Post by Holy Smokes »

jma2@fuse.net wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:44 pm Factory compressor was made by MetroVac, which makes their products in the USA. Here is the link to what came in my boat, except that mine's white, not orange. Works great, and conveniently stores under seat with mounting brackets installed by Cobalt. Very long cord to move about in the boat. I would recommend getting a hose so you don't have to hold entire compressor to use it.

https://metrovac.com/collections/marine ... 9308749897
I just purchased this very model as ours was missing. Was hoping to find one in white but settled for the orange. Haven't really tested it yet, but it's there ready for use.
2005 Cobalt 360, 496Mag HO's with Bravo 3X drives

LOTO - Lake of the Ozarks