Cobalt 25 SC

(23SC, 25SC, 30SC, 24SD, 26SD)
AlexV
Commander
Commander

Re: Cobalt 25 SC

Post by AlexV »

billchips wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:49 pm I have direct access ( no bridges) which is nice. I'm in the SE cape near the Veterans Bridge. I have not gone under and C/C bridges yet. The light just unscrews and would hang on it's wire. I know that 8'-1" is correct.
No issues with any questions. We are spending big bucks for these boats. I drove the 270 SDX SeaRay before buying the Cobalt. The Cobalt was superior in it's ride quality. This comes from someone who has owned about 5 SeaRays in my days!!
The one thing I would say is to test drive before you finalize. I have the 300HP and goes along good. My concern may be the 250HP could be too little in the power department. Bill
Thanks Bill. I can't wait for the sea trial. I wanted the white supercharged Mercury Verado like you got. I think the white motor looks outstanding. The one I picked out has a white 300 Yamaha. The Mercury 250's are standard on the factory builds. I would take a 250 on a 23sc but not on a 25sc. Please let me know when you get the kit on the tower. I found these performance numbers on the Yamaha web page. Anyone who has a Yamaha motor can lookup their boat. https://yamahaoutboards.com/en-us/home/ ... -12-20_dck
billchips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by billchips »

Sorry, I thought you were getting the 250HP. 300 is perfect on that boat. The NEW 300 hp Verado is a 8 cyl. Not the older 6 cyl that was supercharged. I look at that as a plus. One less expensive part to replace in the future.
Bill
AlexV
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexV »

billchips wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:26 pm Sorry, I thought you were getting the 250HP. 300 is perfect on that boat. The NEW 300 hp Verado is a 8 cyl. Not the older 6 cyl that was supercharged. I look at that as a plus. One less expensive part to replace in the future.
Bill
The sound of that supercharger has to be great for the guys that have them. As for parts I agree.
billchips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by billchips »

Alex, I wanted to ask you,,on the boat you're looking at,what did the boat sticker for ?
AlexV
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexV »

Both listed for around 153. Both have the white Yamaha 300. Originally I was looking at the new frost gray one at the boat show. I made them an offer of 105 and they turned it down. They showed me a picture of one in Naples, a left over 2019 without the tower, no sink, no windless with a Suzuki 300 motor. The price was very attractive on that one. I left the show and drove down to Naples to take a look. There was NO Boat there. I was a little upset I drove all that way walked the whole parking lot and no boat. I called them and he said he would take another thousand off because of the drive he sent me on. They later found it up in Cape Coral. While I was down there I saw the Pacific blue one with the yellow stripe on the showroom floor. The next day we started negotiations. It took a long while for 3 of us to come to an agreement.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Alex
We call that the Blue Angel color combo!
Congrats I loce it 👍
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AlexV
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexV »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:06 pm Alex
We call that the Blue Angel color combo!
Congrats I loce it 👍
Thank you. When I saw the color it really grabbed me. Blue Angel you say. I think that's a great name for a boat. something to think about Thank you sir.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

We are here for you. Can't wait to hear the captains reports from you guys on this boat. I think it's the future boat for you coast boaters.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
billchips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by billchips »

Happy Thanksgiving to All. Alex, I was told by the factory rep that a repair to support the upper top on the tower we have has shipped from the outside company that makes that tower for Cobalt. It sounds like it is made from the same white coated pipes that the original is made from. They clearly are not tipping their hand as to describing to me yet. They said The BoatHouse will go over it with me once it arrives. Be sure you request this repair for your tower as well.
Bill
AlexV
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexV »

billchips wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:29 am Happy Thanksgiving to All. Alex, I was told by the factory rep that a repair to support the upper top on the tower we have has shipped from the outside company that makes that tower for Cobalt. It sounds like it is made from the same white coated pipes that the original is made from. They clearly are not tipping their hand as to describing to me yet. They said The BoatHouse will go over it with me once it arrives. Be sure you request this repair for your tower as well.
Bill
Thank you Bill. I'm going to bring this up on Monday. Tim said the boat should be in Cape Coral Friday. I'm going to stop by there on Monday and talk with them about it. I'm glad you posted about the tower issue. We built the house last year and I noticed when it rains in SW Florida My God does it comedown hard. Happy Thanksgiving