Ranks

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ranks

Post by Big Block Power »

liquid wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:03 am Wow. I hadn't realized I'd been demoted. Might have to take the rest of the day to process this.
I thought long and hard about it but I just had to do it 😂😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:07 pm
liquid wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:03 am Wow. I hadn't realized I'd been demoted. Might have to take the rest of the day to process this.
I thought long and hard about it but I just had to do it 😂😂
To think I was demoted for not posting enough instead of being demoted for WHAT I post was truly a cathartic experience.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
sailor55330
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by sailor55330 »

Well, I'd just like to say that changing the ranks because of new members posting more info affects the newbies the most.....and that's profiling and that's wrong.......(j/k).
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

The real goal was to provide a more continuous change in rank over time, so that we aren't half fleet admirals and half ensigns and so that people who have been around a while still get the occasional rank change. The first rank changes happen fairly quickly, while the later ones happen over the course of years (now that we're coming up on being around for five years, instead of a fledgling new forum).

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

jhnmdahl wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:57 pm The real goal was to provide a more continuous change in rank over time, so that we aren't half fleet admirals and half ensigns and so that people who have been around a while still get the occasional rank change. The first rank changes happen fairly quickly, while the later ones happen over the course of years (now that we're coming up on being around for five years, instead of a fledgling new forum).

John
What about honoraries? Like badges etc? Like I probably deserve a purple heart for the amount of abuse I've taken over the years. :lol:
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Kate
Captain
Captain

Post by Kate »

I suggest adding a "Demotion Policy":

1) Shaming of any type, including but not limited to: engine shaming, cushion shaming, something's-out-of-place-in-that-picture shaming, lake shaming, boat-length shaming, trailer shaming, tow-vehicle shaming, pajama-boy shaming, your-project's-over-budget/over-due shaming, antiquated-equipment (e.g., lights, props) shaming. Penalty: One Rank Demotion.

2) More than 5 typos or gobbledygook messages: One Rank Demotion. (BB, I see "Ensign' in your future.)

3) More then 5 thread hijackings: One Rank Demotion. (Footnote: Any mention of "turtles" or "snakes" in such hijackings, doubles the demotion.)

4) Whining, excuse making, begging for pity: Two Rank Demotion.

5) Insufficient deference to any Member with the user name "Kate" (or "Katie") shall be deemed insubordination. Penalty: Dishonorable Discharge.
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Kate wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:12 am I suggest adding a "Demotion Policy":

1) Shaming of any type, including but not limited to: engine shaming, cushion shaming, something's-out-of-place-in-that-picture shaming, lake shaming, boat-length shaming, trailer shaming, tow-vehicle shaming, pajama-boy shaming, your-project's-over-budget/over-due shaming, antiquated-equipment (e.g., lights, props) shaming. Penalty: One Rank Demotion.

2) More than 5 typos or gobbledygook messages: One Rank Demotion. (BB, I see "Ensign' in your future.)

3) More then 5 thread hijackings: One Rank Demotion. (Footnote: Any mention of "turtles" or "snakes" in such hijackings, doubles the demotion.)

5) Insufficient deference to any Member with the user name "Kate" (or "Katie") shall be deemed insubordination. Penalty: Dishonorable Discharge.
Kate who? OH! The one that just got BANNed from here?
(she used to be one of my favorites. I know, a horrible misjudgment..😁)
EsPEcially for 1, 3 and 5. Shoot, for that matter, all of them. Now go walk the plank Kate!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

Interesting ideas. Instead of banning someone for a period of time (which we've never had to do - we've either banned spammers permanently or worked it out), we could demote someone temporarily to "boat anchor." Problem is if I make it funny, I might be more inclined to use it, and I rather like things the way they are.
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

I feel like #3 is backwards. If you DON’T thread hijack you get demoted.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Kate
Captain
Captain

Post by Kate »

Ytmsn wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:26 am
Kate wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:12 am I suggest adding a "Demotion Policy":

Kate who? OH! The one that just got BANNed from here?
(she used to be one of my favorites. I know, a horrible misjudgment..😁)
EsPEcially for 1, 3 and 5. Shoot, for that matter, all of them. Now go walk the plank Kate!
Jooooohn, Yt's teasing me. Make 'em stop.
okielaker
Captain
Captain

Post by okielaker »

akorcovelos wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:37 am I feel like #3 is backwards. If you DON’T thread hijack you get demoted.
+1

Think of all the wonderful hijacks we'd have missed...
2008 272 8.1L 375hp VP
Buncombe Creek, Lake Texoma
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

I think I'm good. I don't fall in any of those. 🤔😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Yeah we’re safe.😉 Although a promotion for human kindness could balance it out.

#makefriends
#Diamondtuckrules
#selfshaming
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Dudley67
Captain
Captain

Post by Dudley67 »

akorcovelos wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:37 am I feel like #3 is backwards. If you DON’T thread hijack you get demoted.
I thought that was mandatory..... :arrow:
Current:

2016 Marker One ML4
“Looney toon”

1975 18TH
“Phoenix”

Past:
2001 226
1989 19BR
2007 252
1992 222 Condurre
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Does anyone have a recommended oil to use? How much air should I run in my 10 year old tires that look brand new?
Would a 135 hp 4 cylinder be adequate to ski behind a 22 foot boat?

Inquiring minds would like to know.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!