92 243 Condurre' transom shower plumbing pics?

(190 through 360)
92cobalt243
Ensign
Ensign

92 243 Condurre' transom shower plumbing pics?

Post by 92cobalt243 »

Hey there...I'm trying to refurbish this boat's Scandvik transom shower...it was removed by the PO and I have most parts (although I will probably replace some/all except the operational 12v FloJet Pump)...I'll be able to figure the pump wiring as it has a short Molex wire/connector. It came with a water container carpeted "tray" (without the container/maybe 2.5gallon?), but not sure where that was supposed to be located? I'm sure it'll be on the starboard side in the engine compartment. I use the boat on a VERY clean fresh water lake in Idaho so I may end up pulling out of the lake (do I tee into the raw water before -or- after the impeller for that?). OR is it better to take from the thermostat housing?...I've searched hours for any online pics of engine compartments from boats for sale, etc. & I can't find any for the 1992 243 Condurre 454 Bravo. Maybe they were dealer installed, too. The current power is a BBC 502 & Bravo one drive. If someone has an "intact" shower plumbing set-up can you post up a picture? Thanks for the effort in advance! Dave
92cobalt243
Ensign
Ensign

Re: 92 243 Condurre' transom shower plumbing pics?

Post by 92cobalt243 »

Bump...anybody 😃?
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

92cobalt243 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:18 am Bump...anybody 😃?
Not sure how we missed you Dave. Thanks for coming out of the woodwork after joining almost two years ago!

Transom showers are pretty straightforward. Do you have any pics. That may help us. I have one on my 263 that I just replaced the pump on but not sure if that helps you.

A formal welcome aboard goes out to ya’ mate.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
92cobalt243
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 92cobalt243 »

Thanks...the decision I need to make is either buy another 2.5gal container (which I think is too small if I’m going to use it) or tap into incoming raw water...I don’t like water sitting for a long time between uses. The boat has another 2.5 gallon container for a galley sink and I’m not likely going to put any water in there unless we’re weekending it. I just think endless water would be good wether it’s hot or lake temp. Your ‘05 prolly has a larger reservoir and water heater? I’m going to mount the pump and connect the 12v to it this weekend and see how a container will work before I tap into the raw water ckt.