Buying a Condo - What do I need to know?

(non-boating; no politics!)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Buying a Condo - What do I need to know?

Post by Big Block Power »

I watched professional cliff jumping tour at Hells Gate. Pretty cool and plenty of Cobalts there.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:30 am I watched professional cliff jumping tour at Hells Gate. Pretty cool and plenty of Cobalts there.
Yes, Tons of Cobalts. Unfortunately, they ended up cancelling the cliff diving this year. It started out the last weekend in June, then Covid, so they moved it to September which was actually better, but then they cancelled the whole thing.

Here are some pics to give you an idea about the location. On a cliff overlooking the water with huge views. It will be a pain to get to the dock compared to the first condo and parking around the dock stinks, so you really need golf carts or UTVs. However, the community is gated and there are lots of places for people to drive golf carts or side by sides. I purchased a new toy to drive around and take to the boat dock.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2015 Marker One M27
300 HP Mercury Verado outboard

Golden Retriever (Bailey), Flat Coated Retriever (Sadie)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Well today sucked they canceled that. Next time get us some live feeds. They were in Spain or something the other week showing the diving. It could have been from last year who knows. They are nuts that's all I am saying.
Well make sure you pad the heck out of your entry into your slip. Then give her wot she'll fit. Lol
I had a guy Make fun of me at a dock where I kept my boat on vac. He's like What are you doing. I said I don't want my boat to look like yours 🤣🤣🤣
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:48 pm Well today sucked they canceled that. Next time get us some live feeds. They were in Spain or something the other week showing the diving. It could have been from last year who knows. They are nuts that's all I am saying.
Well make sure you pad the heck out of your entry into your slip. Then give her wot she'll fit. Lol
I had a guy Make fun of me at a dock where I kept my boat on vac. He's like What are you doing. I said I don't want my boat to look like yours 🤣🤣🤣
HAHAHA. I know. I could care less what a guy on the dock thinks. Either he cares as much as I do and agrees with me or he is just another guy I'll never buy anything from. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about it, so I bought this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2015 Marker One M27

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Motex2011 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:42 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:48 pm Well today sucked they canceled that. Next time get us some live feeds. They were in Spain or something the other week showing the diving. It could have been from last year who knows. They are nuts that's all I am saying.
HAHAHA. I know. I could care less what a guy on the dock thinks. Either he cares as much as I do and agrees with me or he is just another guy I'll never buy anything from. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about it, so I bought this.
Yep good stuff. Don't forget to bring the bubble wrap. 😂😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

IS TODAY THE DAY? Normally, I am in control and get stuff done, but this condo deal has been one issue after another. We had our closing scheduled for this morning at 8am via a remote notary who was scheduled to come to our house. Get a load of this bull@#%... I get a call from the notary at 7:44am saying the close is on hold because she didn't get the documents from the title company. Unbelievable. Turns out, the title company uploaded the docs to a secure portal for a signing company which contracts with the notary. For some reason, there was no communication and I guess everyone at the signing company went home and nobody bothered to check the portal.

So, one email and multiple calls later, we are scheduled to sign today at 4pm. I honestly have no idea if this will happen or not. At this point, I have just stopped expecting anything to happen like it should. I have never had this much trouble spending money on something before. If this doesn't happen today, then I am going to empty my beer fridge tonight and look at pictures of my boat.
2015 Marker One M27

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Unreal sorry man. Have a beer for us 🍻🍻
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:51 pm Unreal sorry man. Have a beer for us 🍻🍻
Actually, It has become a comedy sketch at this point. I do know that it will get done, but I've never had this much trouble with a real estate transaction in my entire life. We are now 26 minutes from the notary showing up, so we will see.
:D :D
2015 Marker One M27

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Motex2011 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:35 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:51 pm Unreal sorry man. Have a beer for us 🍻🍻
Actually, It has become a comedy sketch at this point. I do know that it will get done, but I've never had this much trouble with a real estate transaction in my entire life. We are now 26 minutes from the notary showing up, so we will see.
:D :D
Well your in the same time zone as me and it's 6pm is it beer or champaign?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Motex2011 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:47 pm If this doesn't happen today, then I am going to empty my beer fridge tonight and look at pictures of my boat.
I’m pretty sure this is what you do either way!

Where’s the update?
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

akorcovelos wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:39 am
Motex2011 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:47 pm If this doesn't happen today, then I am going to empty my beer fridge tonight and look at pictures of my boat.

Where’s the update?
I think the sheriff got him 😂😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Big Block Power wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:01 am
akorcovelos wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:39 am

Where’s the update?
I think the sheriff got him 😂😂
Man I’m gonna need a morning lemonade..
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

Sorry guys. Things got busy at the end. WE OWN A CONDO! The notary showed up on time at 4pm and it went quick. She scanned all of the documents on her phone in front of us and uploaded them. Then I called the Title Company to make sure they knew and they reviewed them and the transaction was funded around 5:15PM. Hooray! However, we were picking up our Uhaul truck and started loading at 6pm and that plus the last minute trip to the grocery store and final packing list took the rest of the night until late and I didn't get back on here. But, I did have a few beers!!!

So, I am working from home today and the wife is out seeing patients (homecare RN) and we hope she gets done early so we can head out and start settling in. I have my buddy from STL driving down to help us paint and get moved in and I really want to have a celebration tonight and just take a breath to enjoy it, but I have been informed by the boss that this weekend is about work and she is already viewing the time this evening as an opportunity to get started on the painting prep, so...... I will be getting yelled at a lot this weekend as I continue to ask "Can we go for a boat ride now?" My buddy just called to check in and he tole me that it is his actual goal to keep me out of trouble this weekend. :lol:
2015 Marker One M27

akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Congratulations! Just tell the Wife you need to go get some fuel in the boat before the holiday, once she’s out there she won’t want to come back!
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

akorcovelos wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:29 am Congratulations! Just tell the Wife you need to go get some fuel in the boat before the holiday, once she’s out there she won’t want to come back!
You sir, are a Genius!
2015 Marker One M27