Changing your New Generation VP impeller

Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Changing your New Generation VP impeller

Post by Krob1114 »

jhnmdahl wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:51 am
Krob1114 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:11 am He put a Sierra impeller on it. Hope we don't have problems.
Sierra is perhaps the one aftermarket brand that comes to mind that I would trust. They're sold everywhere, from West Marine to high end dealerships. I've heard they use different manufacturers or sources for their impellers, including Johnson and Mercury, and didn't see much difference between my boat's Volvo and Sierra equivalent. I've ordered the Johnson 09-812B-1 as a replacement for my Volvo kit 21213664 at half the price, as it appears Johnson is likely the manufacturer of both the Volvo water pump and impeller.

John
Thanks John. That's comforting.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
bruceb58
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by bruceb58 »

I definitely prefer OEM...Johnson would be my choice for non OEM since they actually make the OEM part. The one company I would definilley not use is GLM...also known as "Good Luck Marine".
2017 R5 350HP Mercruiser Bravo III
Northridge, CA
Big Bear Lake, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA
2023BlackR8SURF
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 2023BlackR8SURF »

Just a heads up, when I googled the 21700445 part number it came up on Amazon for around $74. Way cheaper than the dealer. That is where I will be getting mine going forward. My dealer was $115.
Iowa Buckeye
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Iowa Buckeye »

I changed my impeller a few weeks ago and made a video of the process. Maybe it will help someone who is thinking about trying it for the first time.
My boat may be a Regal, but may have a Cobalt in the future!

AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Iowa Buckeye wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:39 pm I changed my impeller a few weeks ago and made a video of the process. Maybe it will help someone who is thinking about trying it for the first time.
My boat may be a Regal, but may have a Cobalt in the future!

Hey IB….so glad you found us.

Great contribution to the site. We really appreciate it. Regal makes a nice product. Would love to hear your comparison if you “upgrade” to a Cobalt. :D

And welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)