Lake Tahoe Cobalts

(AK, CA, HI, OR, WA)
carrera
Commander
Commander

Re: Lake Tahoe Cobalts

Post by carrera »

Just saw this thread...good idea.

I am on west shore near Sunnyside. Fortunate to have a buoy, with good enough depth at it, but our dock has only about 3 ft at it. So it's a pain getting passengers out to the boat. Anyway, I am enjoying my new boat and planning to make the most out of the rest of the season. Hope to meet some other board members.
2021 R6 Surf
VP 380
Lifelongbtr
Commander
Commander

Post by Lifelongbtr »

I'll let you know if I ever make it up there this Summer, always nice to know someone else out on the water!
Lifelongbtr
Commander
Commander

Post by Lifelongbtr »

I’ve been trying to get up there and it’s been one thing after the next, but I feel for all you there over the last few weeks. Drove past after the Reno gun show and holy smokes. I hope it gets better soon!
1DBE8921-E014-44DB-946D-E80CA01379C8.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carrera
Commander
Commander

Post by carrera »

Hope all of you that are impacted by the fire stay safe. I am out of fire/evacuation range, thankfully, for the time being. Terrible what is happening near SLT and surrounding areas.
2021 R6 Surf
VP 380
bruceb58
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by bruceb58 »

We have a mandatory evac in Tahoe Keys. My boat is sitting at the dock hopefully safe and sound until we can go back in.
Capture9.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2017 R5 350HP Mercruiser Bravo III
Northridge, CA
Big Bear Lake, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Lifelongbtr
Commander
Commander

Post by Lifelongbtr »

Anyone on here have information on Tahoe Keys boating restrictions from April through mid July? Curious if these restrictions may become longer, or hopefully, there’s a good chance they won’t last as long? Best part about 4th of July in Tahoe is watching fireworks from the water IMHO, not sure the ramps stay open late enough to launch and pull a boat out after…

https://tkpoa.com/uncategorized/control ... endations/
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

It sounds like they are really hoping to have it done by mid June but they are giving themselves extra time just in case. If you go into those areas it's going to be a expensive fine.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Lifelongbtr
Commander
Commander

Post by Lifelongbtr »

Any updates from anyone on the waterways in the Keys? Last I heard July 18th..

How is the lake level in general? Will be up there late July and looking forward to it.
bruceb58
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by bruceb58 »

I am hearing around the 14th but that is best case. Hopefully before end of July.

I take it you are not an owner. We get weekly updates.
EDIT: I see we spoke before. How are you renting still now that short term rentals are not allowed anymore?

As of a couple days ago, the water level is at the same point it was on 7/21 last year. The channel is going to be tricky for some people later this summer.
Northridge, CA
Big Bear Lake, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Lifelongbtr
Commander
Commander

Post by Lifelongbtr »

Thanks for the response Bruce! We’re renting longer than 30 days, originally we we basically had the month of July. They were willing to move dates because of the treatment/shutdown, and pushed to the 20th. Last time I was there I think it was September last year and some docks could only be used on the side, etc. I know the lakes down here are still full, betting that will change quick.
bruceb58
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by bruceb58 »

Lifelongbtr wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:23 pm Thanks for the response Bruce! We’re renting longer than 30 days, originally we we basically had the month of July. They were willing to move dates because of the treatment/shutdown, and pushed to the 20th. Last time I was there I think it was September last year and some docks could only be used on the side, etc. I know the lakes down here are still full, betting that will change quick.
I will be there starting Aug 24th so will likely miss you by a few days if you are starting the 20th. Hopefully the turbidity curtains will be removed by 7/20.
Northridge, CA
Big Bear Lake, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA
bruceb58
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by bruceb58 »

Lifelongbtr wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:23 pm Thanks for the response Bruce! We’re renting longer than 30 days, originally we we basically had the month of July. They were willing to move dates because of the treatment/shutdown, and pushed to the 20th. Last time I was there I think it was September last year and some docks could only be used on the side, etc. I know the lakes down here are still full, betting that will change quick.
New date is August 19
Northridge, CA
Big Bear Lake, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA
New2cobalts
Ensign
Ensign

Post by New2cobalts »

Hi @ccoulson, wondering how you find the CS23 on Lake Tahoe? I'm new to Cobalts but hoping to get a boat soon for Tahoe. I've heard that the CS23 is great but may be a bit light for the 2-3 ft. waves and higher winds (>15 mph) that can come up fairly frequently on the lake. I'd love to hear your experience with that and with the boat in general. I'd love to hear any input others may have too!

Thanks!
bruceb58
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by bruceb58 »

New2cobalts wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:23 pm Hi @ccoulson, wondering how you find the CS23 on Lake Tahoe? I'm new to Cobalts but hoping to get a boat soon for Tahoe. I've heard that the CS23 is great but may be a bit light for the 2-3 ft. waves and higher winds (>15 mph) that can come up fairly frequently on the lake. I'd love to hear your experience with that and with the boat in general. I'd love to hear any input others may have too!

Thanks!
It's probably fine. There are a lot smaller boats out there. My last boat was 24' and it was fine. The R5 is a huge improvement though.
Northridge, CA
Big Bear Lake, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Lifelongbtr
Commander
Commander

Post by Lifelongbtr »

bruceb58 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:56 pm
New date is August 19
Saw that, not too happy and hoping they improve on it. Looks like more launching than I wanted...at least you can park on the street during this.