What's the name of your boat? Or let's help you name your boat!

Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: What's the name of your boat? Or let's help you name your boat!

Post by Krob1114 »

Saw this Sunday and thought I'd post it here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Luv2HuntAR
Commander
Commander

Post by Luv2HuntAR »

Dirty Doris

I've never seen this thread; this is great ...... Our boat was named to honor my mother-in-law, Doris, who died of ovarian cancer 6 years ago. Doris was the sweetest, most caring Southern lady I may have ever known ..... except when she played cards. She was exceedingly competitive. For the 20 years that I knew her, she and I were spades partners during family holidays. We always won, and we always buried the competition. When speaking with her bridge group friends, they said the same thing about her ... she was a force to reckon with at the card table. I started calling her Dirty Doris after a year to two, and it caught on with other family members and her friends. She is greatly missed.

Caveat:
This Memorial Day Weekend, I sent the below picture to a couple of friends and declared that Summer had commenced. One of those on the text knew I had a boat, but I must have never told her the name. For some reason she Googled the name of my boat. Let's just say Google's result was not what I had in mind when naming the boat. I've kept this to myself until now. There's a lesson in there for those considering a name.
IMG_20210528_183030176_HDR-resize.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lake Ouachita- Mountain Harbor
Little Rock, AR
mdadgar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mdadgar »

Luv2HuntAR wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:57 pm Our boat was named to honor my mother-in-law, Doris, who died of ovarian cancer 6 years ago.
I am sorry. We lost my mother-in-law, who was also awesome, to ovarian cancer 3 years ago. That is an awful, awful disease.

Kudos on your boat name. #respect

- Mark
2013 Cobalt A25, 6.0 VP 380hp "More Cowbell"
Monte Sereno, CA (winter) | Lake Don Pedro (summer)
Boats are for when I'm not racing cars
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

Luv2HuntAR wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:57 pm Dirty Doris

I've never seen this thread; this is great ...... Our boat was named to honor my mother-in-law, Doris, who died of ovarian cancer 6 years ago. Doris was the sweetest, most caring Southern lady I may have ever known ..... except when she played cards. She was exceedingly competitive. For the 20 years that I knew her, she and I were spades partners during family holidays. We always won, and we always buried the competition. When speaking with her bridge group friends, they said the same thing about her ... she was a force to reckon with at the card table. I started calling her Dirty Doris after a year to two, and it caught on with other family members and her friends. She is greatly missed.

Caveat:
This Memorial Day Weekend, I sent the below picture to a couple of friends and declared that Summer had commenced. One of those on the text knew I had a boat, but I must have never told her the name. For some reason she Googled the name of my boat. Let's just say Google's result was not what I had in mind when naming the boat. I've kept this to myself until now. There's a lesson in there for those considering a name.IMG_20210528_183030176_HDR-resize.jpg
It's great to have a good mother in law.
Looks like that pic could have come from our lake.
We have same interior, but wife would kill me if I put Yeti on dash.
Home in Hernando, MS
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Krob1114 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:55 am
Luv2HuntAR wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:57 pm Dirty Doris

Caveat:
This Memorial Day Weekend, I sent the below picture to a couple of friends and declared that Summer had commenced. One of those on the text knew I had a boat, but I must have never told her the name. For some reason she Googled the name of my boat. Let's just say Google's result was not what I had in mind when naming the boat. I've kept this to myself until now. There's a lesson in there for those considering a name.IMG_20210528_183030176_HDR-resize.jpg
It's great to have a good mother in law.
Looks like that pic could have come from our lake.
We have same interior, but wife would kill me if I put Yeti on dash.
I love the yeti mug with her name on it.
My wife has no say in the boat. My boat and I have to clean every inch of it myself. Her house so she had to clean every inch of it. Perfect marriage. Happy husband happy wife. You guys have had it wrong for so many years 😂😂😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
GhostWhisperer
Commander
Commander

Post by GhostWhisperer »

CS22 Name-"GHOST". Name based on us ordering her last Halloween day, the all black hull, and an inside joke.
2021 CS22 - Black Hull/White Bootstrap/Red Platform and Logo - Volvo DP 280 V6 - North Georgia Lakes - Boat name: "GHOST"
Luv2HuntAR
Commander
Commander

Post by Luv2HuntAR »

mdadgar wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:36 pm
Luv2HuntAR wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:57 pm Our boat was named to honor my mother-in-law, Doris, who died of ovarian cancer 6 years ago.
I am sorry. We lost my mother-in-law, who was also awesome, to ovarian cancer 3 years ago. That is an awful, awful disease.

Kudos on your boat name. #respect

- Mark
Agreed. Ovarian cancer is a horrible disease that took less than 7 months to ravage an otherwise healthy, vibrant 78 y/o lady. Her decline and ultimate death was the most difficult thing I’ve ever witnessed. But, her death sparked an interest in my wife to join an organization to provide, free of charge, cancer patients with free food and lodging while in Little Rock to receive chemotherapy, radiation, or other cancer treatments. The 20th Century Lodge fills a huge need for those who are not local and can’t afford to spend weeks in a hotel while receiving treatments. It has been a very rewarding experience. God always has his purpose.
Lake Ouachita- Mountain Harbor
Little Rock, AR
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

GhostWhisperer wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:53 am CS22 Name-"GHOST". Name based on us ordering her last Halloween day, the all black hull, and an inside joke.
I just noticed the Florida tags on your trailer. Where do you boat?
Home in Hernando, MS
GhostWhisperer
Commander
Commander

Post by GhostWhisperer »

Good Morning. We're in Georgia. That peach on the plate does look orange-y from that angle!
2021 CS22 - Black Hull/White Bootstrap/Red Platform and Logo - Volvo DP 280 V6 - North Georgia Lakes - Boat name: "GHOST"