One of those "what do you do" threads...

Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

One of those "what do you do" threads...

Post by Tuscany »

Every forum has one, so I thought I'd start one here.
Personally, I'm in the food retail business.
Our deal is fresh cut meats, deli cold cuts, cheese, produce, sandwiches etc..and a garden center. We're you know...one of those places with awesome food! Lunch is always on me if you are in the area..
Basically, were butchers..and we also cut meat. We like to have a little fun at work as well as play..
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Re: One of those "what do you do" threads...

Post by Ytmsn »

Cool beans Tusc. I'll be next then. I have a mayonnaise farm. We raise mayonnaise plants for guys like you that make ham sammichis. We should get together then..
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

I'm a service manager you all like to yell at when getting your car fixed. So stop that. 33 years one company.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Well I'm eatin' what you're makin' Ytmsn & Tuscany!

And I have great respect for our service manager with whom I work closely due to a rare Hybrid SUV we own (Aspen) that occasionally needs serviced by the Hybrid certified mechanics. Don't want this baby missing a beat while pulling our Cobalt. Thank you Big Block for what you do--and 33 years!

For me, I'm currently 26 years flying big gas stations that pass gas to other planes -- yes, I'm a gas passer. Big Grin

I also fly for a major airline.

...and yes, I consider myself very blessed as I love my job....which allows me to enjoy my hobbies--of which this is one. 8-)

Since one picture is worth a thousand words, here are 3,000 words worth:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Aslan7,
So you were behind the wheel of that 707 that did a fly by and woke me out of bed?
Pretty awesome job.

BB, you're in retail. I feel your pain brother..
Trust me, I'm not one of those guys who Kills the messenger and blames you for every design flaw or sleepy tech who doesn't care.
33 years speaks everything one needs to know about your character!
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
notstock4long
Commander
Commander

Post by notstock4long »

Ytmsn wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:09 am Cool beans Tusc. I'll be next then. I have a mayonnaise farm. We raise mayonnaise plants for guys like you that make ham sammichis. We should get together then..
Are you serious? Is there really such a thing as a mayonnaise plant? I thought mayo was an egg based product. What the heck am I missing here?
2018 Cobalt CS22
notstock4long
Commander
Commander

Post by notstock4long »

AsLan7 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:32 am For me, I'm currently 26 years flying big gas stations that pass gas to other planes -- yes, I'm a gas passer. Big Grin

I also fly for a major airline.

...and yes, I consider myself very blessed as I love my job....which allows me to enjoy my hobbies--of which this is one. 8-)

Are you Guard or Reserve then, if you have a civilian job as well? I recently left the Air Force after about 8 years active duty...the separation pay (my career field was overmanned) was too good to pass up, so I got out and we moved back to MI.
2018 Cobalt CS22
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Hey notstock4long.

Thanks for your service too!
Currently serving in the 171st Air Refueling Wing with the PA Air Guard. Know any of those folks?
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

notstock4long wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:15 am
Ytmsn wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:09 am Cool beans Tusc. I'll be next then. I have a mayonnaise farm. We raise mayonnaise plants for guys like you that make ham sammichis. We should get together then..
Are you serious? Is there really such a thing as a mayonnaise plant? I thought mayo was an egg based product. What the heck am I missing here?
Naaa, just eggs and oil....
I think YT is smoking another kind of plant!, and it ain't no egg plant. :lol:

You guys probably hear it a lot, more now than the Vets who came before you, but thank you from the bottom of my heart.
We sit out in the middle of a beautiful lake enjoying the life provided by veterans of many past conflicts, most of which never enjoyed the luxury we take for granted today.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Tuscany wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:03 pm
notstock4long wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:15 am
Naaa, just eggs and oil....
I think YT is smoking another kind of plant!, and it ain't no egg plant. :lol:

You guys probably hear it a lot, more now than the Vets who came before you, but thank you from the bottom of my heart.
We sit out in the middle of a beautiful lake enjoying the life provided by veterans of many past conflicts, most of which never enjoyed the luxury we take for granted today.
And I second that thought Tuscany. THANK YOU Veterans!

When someone asks "What do you do for a living?" the mayonnaise line has been my standard answer for over 20 years. :) It's funny to watch the expressions sometimes.
My day job is an Auctioneer. On weekends I play tuba in Mariachi band.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Well said Tuscany--and thank you. I have incredible respect for those who fought before me and paved the way for the way our generation is treated. Some of those guys went through hell so I don't have to deal with the general public not supporting the troops. In fact, in 26 years serving, NO one has ever disrespected us. I owe it to that Vietnam era group. Thank you!

Auctioneer Ytmsn? That's cool! You're the first I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. That gift would sure come in handy to get my kids out of the water fast.
Or it would be fun to shout instructions to my wife auctioneer style when coming into dock with her on the bow--rope in hand. Oh the look I would get!
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Actually.
Ytsmn is a little humble.
If I may,...
What he is not telling you is that his "gig" includes the famous Barrett-Jackson car auction. If you have ever watched, you would have seen YT working deals within the crowd..
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Actually I'm a big car guy too! Yes. Im sure I would have seen him. Love Barrett Jackson auctions.

Again...very cool!😎👍🏻
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Golden thread. YT i cackled in my office.

Aslan - Thank you as well.

Welp... here goes. I am a Financial Adviser. WHEW, feels good to get that off my chest. I used to work in television producing content for the Mets and Jets.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Thanks to all the Veterans also. I know myself and know I don't have the guts to do what you guys do for me. Thank you.

I have worked all over the world drilling oil and gas wells. Mainly on water. Deepest water I have drilled in was a little over 8000'. Russia, Norway, Singapore, France, Gulf of Mexico, North Sea, etc.

If you've seen the movie Deepwater Horizon I'm the John Malkovich character. However, I like to think that I am a hell of a lot more concerned for my people, careful with the environment, and slightly better looking.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"