New Member, New CS22

GhostWhisperer
Commander
Commander

New Member, New CS22

Post by GhostWhisperer »

Good Morning,

I've been on the site for some time and have enjoyed all of the posts and information. I grew up on a lake in Maine and saw my first Cobalt, a maroon and gray 19 closed bow (with the electric window) in 1984 (ish). In 1986, a close family friend ordered a blue and tan 19BR and would spend summers on the lake. I grew up on and around boats, and even as an early teen I knew Cobalts were special.

Flash forward to 2019. We decided to search for a Cobalt. In my minds eye I thought I would find one of the last cream-puff one owner 19BR's out there and baby it into the future, but soon found that those are mostly gone, or not being sold (rightfully) by their owners. After looking around this past Spring and Summer, we found that most "cream puffs" turned out to be burned toast.

After looking at a used R5 last October at the dealer that turned out to be just too big-we want to lake hop a bit, we decided to "swing by" the new boat showroom and as one does ended up ordering our 2021 CS22. It came in Monday!

There was a COVID shut down at the trailer builder so it has been delayed. We expect to take delivery of both the end of February-too cold for boating in North Georgia at this point anyway.

A Cobalt has been a life long dream-and ordering a Cobalt even beyond that.

I see most new folks post options, so here goes as list as I remember:

CS22-full color hull
280 V6 Volvo
White tower/black canvas
Garmin in dash nav system
Satellite radio
Fender clips
Dual batteries
Flag
Stern trim switch
Stern radio
Bow and cockpit cover
Mooring cover
Swim deck lights
Underwater stern lights
Grass mats
7F8150E5-CD64-4F12-932F-1A827CE53923.jpeg
17F3B2F7-CF74-4D1E-85F3-94D4B290F654.jpeg
79841506-2C58-4C65-A824-E72BEE2117CF.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2021 CS22 - Black Hull/White Bootstrap/Red Platform and Logo - Volvo DP 280 V6 - North Georgia Lakes - Boat name: "GHOST"
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: New Member, New CS22

Post by AsLan7 »

Hey GW. Welcome to the CobaltChat forum. So glad you found us!

GREAT post my friend. Love the pics and your background. You're a Cobalt enthusiast thru and thru. Next you need a factory tour!

I bet summer can't come soon enough for ya'.

Awesome pics. It looks like she's sitting on a surf model trailer with the way the outdrive is protected. :?:

Again welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
GhostWhisperer
Commander
Commander

Post by GhostWhisperer »

Thanks for the welcome, and glad to be here. They set in on that trailer - as a yard trailer - (it's the color of our Boatmate on the way). They were good sports at the dealer to go out in the rain and snap some pics for us so we can see it before our visit on the Saturday.
2021 CS22 - Black Hull/White Bootstrap/Red Platform and Logo - Volvo DP 280 V6 - North Georgia Lakes - Boat name: "GHOST"
GhostWhisperer
Commander
Commander

Post by GhostWhisperer »

We're looking forward to being a part of the Cobalt crowd and will surely end up on the factory tour at some point post-pandemic. We're also excited to take some road trips to attend some of the Cobalt related lake events around the Southeast.
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

Good looking unit!!
CS23
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

GhostWhisperer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:12 am Thanks for the welcome, and glad to be here. They set in on that trailer - as a yard trailer - (it's the color of our Boatmate on the way). They were good sports at the dealer to go out in the rain and snap some pics for us so we can see it before our visit on the Saturday.
I have a Boatmate trailer and like it a lot. My 2014 220 rides on it

1) trailer comes with a five year road warranty that replaced several tires for me for free.
2) currently my trailer loads amazing. Before it didn’t. The winch was underpowered and couldn’t easily get the boat all the way on the trailer up against the bow stop. I replaced it with a two speed 2500 lb winch and it now works perfectly. Centers straight every time. I highly advise you to ask them for a heavy duty winch. It will save you all types of problems. For example I had to put the trailer in too deep to get it up all the way up against the bow stop which led to it not being centered. Again now it loads perfect every time!
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
GhostWhisperer
Commander
Commander

Post by GhostWhisperer »

Thanks for the info on the winch. Much appreciated and thank you. I agree, heavier duty is always better on that sort of thing.

Also appreciate the info on the Boatmate trailers. Back in my old "Maine" lake days in the 80's, the Shoreland'r trailers were the "thing" and haven't needed to know anything about them since. I knew we wanted an upgrade from the standard lot trailers, but had no idea of what was on the market today. Our dealer connected us with Boatmate, and I look forward to seeing it.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

That's sharp! Welcome. Cold is never too cold to go boating!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

GhostWhisperer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:09 pm Thanks for the info on the winch. Much appreciated and thank you. I agree, heavier duty is always better on that sort of thing.

Also appreciate the info on the Boatmate trailers. Back in my old "Maine" lake days in the 80's, the Shoreland'r trailers were the "thing" and haven't needed to know anything about them since. I knew we wanted an upgrade from the standard lot trailers, but had no idea of what was on the market today. Our dealer connected us with Boatmate, and I look forward to seeing it.
Good choice on the Boatmate Shoreland'r trailers are not as good as they once were. I work very close to their factory. Still an OK trailer for Bayliners etc
CS23
Anesslet
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Anesslet »

Sweet looking boat! I’ve got a CS23 on order for June delivery. Can’t wait! Love to hear some performance data/comments once you get her in the water!
Andy
2021 CS23
Mercruiser 350
GhostWhisperer
Commander
Commander

Post by GhostWhisperer »

Absolutely! More to follow for sure.
bruceb58
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by bruceb58 »

Is that a spread axle boat trailer?

Not a huge fan of them on travel trailers but probably ok on a boat trailer.
2017 R5 350HP Mercruiser Bravo III
Northridge, CA
Big Bear Lake, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA
GhostWhisperer
Commander
Commander

Post by GhostWhisperer »

Morning-not sure what a spread axle is. The one on the picture is dealer yard trailer they set the boat on while we wait for our trailer to arrive.
GhostWhisperer
Commander
Commander

Post by GhostWhisperer »

The Boatmate trailer finally arrived and we took delivery. We are very pleased. It tows and tracks really well and the four disk brakes are smooth and responsive. We launched and retrieved twice last weekend on different lakes and found the bunks lined the hull up easily for a smooth load. The lighting on these things is out of this world compared to the 1980's! They can really see you coming and going.

The CS22 was a joy in the water, with the 280 V6, a full tank of gas and 2 people it hit 48 with 2% trim. Having never driven a DP I'm really impressed with the idle speed "grip" in the water around docks and the ramp. Couldn't be more happy.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Very cool! She's blinding at night!
I like. Nice job.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault