Beaver Lakers?

(AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MO, MS, SC, TN)
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Beaver Lakers?

Post by AsLan7 »

That is sharp bb1!
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

bbock1 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:49 am Well, we got our boat last weekend and love it! We mainly cruise around the north side of the lake past the bridge. We love to anchor in coves and just hang out. If y'all ever see us out, stop by and say hi!
Zen.jpeg
Great picture. Welcome.
I talked with a guy once who was looking at nice houses up high on Beaver lake. There were a lot home homes that had big telescopes on the rear decks facing the lake. He thought there were a lot of people interested in looking at the stars. Later found that there were a lot of old men looking at the U. of Arkansas coeds.
Gotta love the the lakes in Arkansas. Plus the White River is later Table Rock, Taneycomo, and Bull Shoals.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
capn272
Commander
Commander

Post by capn272 »

We took ours to Lake Hamilton last week. It was okay, but it felt small and congested compared to Beaver.. it also cost us a lower unit because they apparently don’t believe in hazard buoys…

So now we’re back at the shop…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1998 272
502 Mag MPI + B1
Humongous trailer
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Ouch C272....I can definitely relate. Fortunately our SkiSafe Insurance covered that one. Hopefully yours will do the same.

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
NWABoater
Commander
Commander

Post by NWABoater »

Beaver Lake area resident checking in! Outside of one day on the lake we've spent most of this summer hanging out at the Lost Bridge pool watching the lake action.
1987 Cobalt 21BR
Beaver Lake, Arkansas
capn272
Commander
Commander

Post by capn272 »

NWABoater wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:53 am Beaver Lake area resident checking in! Outside of one day on the lake we've spent most of this summer hanging out at the Lost Bridge pool watching the lake action.
We had a new baby a few weeks ago. Between mechanical issues and pregnancy related boat intolerance, we’ve not been out much at all. I did take the two bigger kids out last week but the boat felt sluggish and I think it’s cuz it has been sitting in the water for 6 weeks and crusted over a bit..

Atleast that’s what I’m hoping..
1998 272
502 Mag MPI + B1
Humongous trailer
NWABoater
Commander
Commander

Post by NWABoater »

capn272 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:22 pm
NWABoater wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:53 am Beaver Lake area resident checking in! Outside of one day on the lake we've spent most of this summer hanging out at the Lost Bridge pool watching the lake action.
We had a new baby a few weeks ago. Between mechanical issues and pregnancy related boat intolerance, we’ve not been out much at all. I did take the two bigger kids out last week but the boat felt sluggish and I think it’s cuz it has been sitting in the water for 6 weeks and crusted over a bit..

Atleast that’s what I’m hoping..
Congrats on the addition to the family! Hope everyone is doing well.
1987 Cobalt 21BR
Beaver Lake, Arkansas
capn272
Commander
Commander

Post by capn272 »

Our boat has been shrink wrapped since October, but I'm finally going to get to crack it open tomorrow and get to work!

I never was able to get the lake scum cleaned off last year, so that's job #1. Also on the list: install new garmin unit and transducer (to prevent outdrive loss!), network it to the fusion head unit from last year, update courtesy lights to LED, and then we'll get to splash her to our new spot at Prairie Creek! With a lift!
1998 272
502 Mag MPI + B1
Humongous trailer
capn272
Commander
Commander

Post by capn272 »

Photo for sadness.

Edited to add: I didn't mean to store it with the drive up but the shrink wrapper got to it before I could finalize everything.. the batteries are still in it, too :( [they need replaced anyway, though..]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1998 272
502 Mag MPI + B1
Humongous trailer
capn272
Commander
Commander

Post by capn272 »

Anyone in the region have access to a loading dock with a fork lift? We ordered a swim platform and the closest it can get dropped off is Fort Smith. Trying to find something a little more local.
1998 272
502 Mag MPI + B1
Humongous trailer
JasonFischgrabe
Ensign
Ensign

Post by JasonFischgrabe »

Hehehehe, just signed up to CobaltChat.com and immediately had to search "Beaver Lake", just to see. :lol:

My wife and I have lived here since kindergarten. I was in Gateway (yep, THAT Gateway) until around 9th grade and she lived right in a cove up Indian Creek until she moved out at 18. We both stayed kept to NW Arkansas (minus a quick 4 years in the Army for me) and have always been lake bums.
First boat was a cheap Bayliner 18-footer, but 3 years ago, one of her old neighbors in said cove sold us his 1999 Cobalt 226 and it could not have been a better step-up!

We live in Centerton now and, between availability of slips and, more importantly, the fact that we like to put in at several different spots (usually Lost Bridge North or South, but will do Prairie Creek if we're there early enough or on a Sunday), we still trailer it out and back each time. We're out on Beaver Lake with our 2 kiddos and whatever friends/family happen to be there, just about every weekend that we're in town.
Cobalt226.jpg