Mooring Cover Durability

(23SC, 25SC, 30SC, 24SD, 26SD)
Marco4Ever
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Mooring Cover Durability

Post by Marco4Ever »

New to me 2020 25SC/Yamaha 300 arriving next week with factory 2 piece snap covers - SWFL year around on lift

I believe a proper mooring cover (ratchet style) would be a good investment after reading all the comments on various threads.

Curious which vendor product offerings are holding up in the blazing sun for you?

Will post pic’s when she arrives.

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Mooring Cover Durability

Post by Big Block Power »

Welcome and congrats. Yes you are correct. I think I would get the factory one.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

When we open our boat in spring, I'm especially glad we have a mooring cover.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Marco4Ever
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Marco4Ever »

Post delivery - the factory Tonneau Cover (Sunbrella) in this case fits like a glove and I am really impressed with the design so far. I have not put the back half on, so I can't comment on how easy/hard that will be, however, the bow piece with support vent cup is really well done.
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

Marco4Ever?
Marco Island?
Home in Hernando, MS
Marco4Ever
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Marco4Ever »

Sorry, was busy breaking in my 25 - Yes, Marco Island Florida
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

So did you get the 25 broke in yet then? Lol How about your mooring cover?
Marco4Ever
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Marco4Ever »

Mooring Cover vs Tonneau Cover - I received a God Wink when my boat came with the factory Tonneau Cover vs the Mooring Cover. New Friend has a brand new R6 delivered in July and was advised, putting the Mooring Cover on is a royal pain in the ass. Just heard some thunder, side outside and put the two piece Tonneau on my 25SC in 11 minutes including picking up some items left out.

Save the $$$$ and your time - Go Tonneau Cover.
mdadgar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mdadgar »

Marco4Ever wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:43 pm Mooring Cover vs Tonneau Cover - I received a God Wink when my boat came with the factory Tonneau Cover vs the Mooring Cover. New Friend has a brand new R6 delivered in July and was advised, putting the Mooring Cover on is a royal pain in the ass. Just heard some thunder, side outside and put the two piece Tonneau on my 25SC in 11 minutes including picking up some items left out.

Save the $$$$ and your time - Go Tonneau Cover.
I'll disagree. I can put the mooring cover on my A25 in a lot less than 11 minutes. My boat also came with the tonneau covers and I think they are a PITA.

But hey, that's why they offer both.

- Mark
2013 Cobalt A25, 6.0 VP 380hp "More Cowbell"
Monte Sereno, CA (winter) | Lake Don Pedro (summer)
Boats are for when I'm not racing cars
Marco4Ever
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Marco4Ever »

Opinions are like smiles, everyone is different. One point I neglected to make, my friend with the R6 only has access on 1-side which is what I believe is the challenging component. I have owned both types with different boats, from Jets, Bowriders, Pontoons etc - each one had different PIA steps.

- KJ
mdadgar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mdadgar »

Marco4Ever wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:31 pm Opinions are like smiles, everyone is different. One point I neglected to make, my friend with the R6 only has access on 1-side which is what I believe is the challenging component.
Yep, that would make it harder.

- Mark
2013 Cobalt A25, 6.0 VP 380hp "More Cowbell"
Monte Sereno, CA (winter) | Lake Don Pedro (summer)
Boats are for when I'm not racing cars
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

Marco4Ever wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:31 pm Opinions are like smiles, everyone is different. One point I neglected to make, my friend with the R6 only has access on 1-side which is what I believe is the challenging component. I have owned both types with different boats, from Jets, Bowriders, Pontoons etc - each one had different PIA steps.

- KJ
I don’t have my mooring cover yet but I put my snap cover on while inside the boat working from front to the back. It would be nearly impossible to do while on the dock and especially if you only have access to one side. The mooring covers are supposed to be installed the same way from the inside unrolling it from front to back. Put the support straps on first then unroll the cover. Most say it only takes a few minutes. Some people’s minutes are longer than others! :lol:
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

Snowman8 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:47 am
Marco4Ever wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:31 pm Opinions are like smiles, everyone is different. One point I neglected to make, my friend with the R6 only has access on 1-side which is what I believe is the challenging component. I have owned both types with different boats, from Jets, Bowriders, Pontoons etc - each one had different PIA steps.

- KJ
I don’t have my mooring cover yet but I put my snap cover on while inside the boat working from front to the back. It would be nearly impossible to do while on the dock and especially if you only have access to one side. The mooring covers are supposed to be installed the same way from the inside unrolling it from front to back. Put the support straps on first then unroll the cover. Most say it only takes a few minutes. Some people’s minutes are longer than others! :lol:
I saw a YouTube video showing how its done easily. The trick is in how you fold it and unfold it. Guy did it in the center of boat. We have access to both sides in slip, so I haven't tried it yet.
Home in Hernando, MS
Tgarris
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tgarris »

Is the mooring cover good for winter usage? Snow sleet ect? Tks
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Tgarris wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:51 am Is the mooring cover good for winter usage? Snow sleet ect? Tks
Hey Tg...so glad you found us.

Cobalt owner? Feel free to post an intro thread if you have time. And we love pics. 8-)

Welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)