Looking for a 262

cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Looking for a 262

Post by cmattj »

Hey T
6.2 430hp .. even with cats it will sound mean with CC.
And yes when your friends leave the " leg cramp" offshore boat( trust me I know). They may never leave.
My pal with a 35 fountain loves it when I'm anchored so he can tie off on me and come aboard.
We need to find a idle video of a 6.2 430hp Volvo

Maybe YT will share his thoughts now that he's had it on his 262?
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

No kidding. 🤣The party was on my boat.
I know those boats are fast, but they're a single purpose machine with no place to really kick back and enjoy the breeze.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

You know I can truthfully say that if my boat didn't already have it I probably would not spend the money to get one. Don't get me wrong, I like it! A lot! When you flip that baby on in the docks and the teeth in the guy next to you start rattling from the deep rumble amplified by the swim deck it's pretty freaking cool. You can't really hear it when you're underway, but when you go by someone with it on it just sounds so cool. Like glass-packs on the old muscle cars.

But as practical as I think Tuscany is, after he spent 3 - $4,000 on a captain's call exhaust and the install to only flip on occasionally to satisfy his manly primeval WOAR.... he would probably be asking "Was it worth it?"
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Truthfully, I'm not really interested for what it would cost.
I ordered everything I thought was valuable to my family.
My original thought was to order an R5, so my big upgrade was hull related interior space and ride without cutting back on any options that I wanted.

I know I've said this several times, but I think if I get a chance to go out another time, I'll take a video of how the boat rumbles enough for my taste.
Last edited by Tuscany on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Tuscany wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:47 pm Truthfully, I'm not really interested for what it would cost.
I ordered everything I thought was valuable to my family.
My original thought was to order an R5, so my big upgrade was hull related interior space and ride without cutting back on any options that I wanted.

I know I've said this several times, but I think if I get a chance to go out another time, I'll take a video of how the boat rumbles enough for my taste.
Well said ..R7 is a fabulous upgrade!
I call it conversation mode when turned off .. as there is a time and place for it..

Like passing another sport boat WOT with the twins sing... oops.. got carried away
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

I agree the Volvo sounds much louder than any of my mercs. That is the same reason I haven't added the CC either. I don't miss it either. Don't get me wrong if it had it I would love it.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

When shopping for our new used boat this year CC wasn't on the list of must haves... The upgraded hp was on the list, the CC was an unexpected bonus that I love more than I thought I would! So with that said... Am I going to want it again on the next boat.... Yeaaaah most likely, definitely, for sure but I'm not going to go add it after the fact. We all have our things!
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Currently Not a Boat Owner
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L - Sold
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

We all do have our thing. I agree with BB, if I had it, I would love it.
But is there something a person loves "more" when choosing options?
More power, accent lighting? An arch? Trim tabs? A real head? Wood accents? Surf tabs?
Three items may cost the same as one that may not get a lot of usage?
That's what is usually boils down to is what makes "your" day..
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Ytmsn wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:27 am I have a few comparisons from my blue boat. I'll admit I loved that girl, but now she is out like a Members Only jacket. With them both being a Cobalt I just thought they would be similar. Oooh Noooo. Black Boats Matter

Black pulls better. Maybe it's the dorsey trailer. maybe it's the better balance. Blue has a Load Ranger out of TX. I thought Blue pulled good until I towed Black through the Ozark Mtns.
Black is heavier it seems, although the specs say they are about the same.
Black comes up on plane in 2 seconds. Hit the throttle and she shoot out, up and down. Done
Black handles the chop and rollers really good and is smooooth.
Trim tabs are pretty cool. Never had them before. If blue had them I'm sure I'd be happy but she doesn't, so there.
When cruising at 30 or 35 it's really quiet in the cockpit. You can have a conversation without yelling. You can hear the exhaust without the CC on, but you don't hear the motor at all. At least I don't anyway. Huh?
It seems like you set deeper in the cockpit. A couple of weeks ago we tied up with a 2012 242 with the newer style hull. It was most definitely deeper in the cockpit. And Saturday we looked at an A25 parked at the dock, and it was deeper too. I think it's interesting on the different hull designs and how deep you set in the boat. But Black is 2 years older than Blue, yet you set deeper.
It's only 2 feet longer, but I swear it seems like I'm wiping down the Vietnam Memorial wall.
Snap on bow and cockpit covers SUCK. I can put the mooring cover on Blue in a couple of minutes, no muss or fuss. Wrestling that cockpit cover on Black seemed like putting the skin back on an elephant. I will most definitely be getting a new custom cover.
Big motor, big gas. Blue sips it. BB said he didn't see the gauge move on his blue boat with a 5.7 320 hs engine. (same as my blue boat) Yeah well... Blue won't set my wife down at mid throttle when she's standing at the windscreen either. Man that boat is fast!
My wife doesnt care for the CC. Nautie, you are special. From asking around, nobody else has a wife that likes it either. I am a man, hear me WAOR!!
Wet sounds speakers kick ass. Nuff said. But I will be swapping out the head unit for a blue tooth model. Blue has a killer stereo no doubt, but when one particular song came on in Black and I cranked it I just about blew my wife's left ear out since the sub is right there by her. Lost a few points there...
The swimdeck on Black is right on the water. With two of us sitting on it the water comes up halfway. On Blue the deck is about 3 inches off the water and still an inch and a half or so with two of us on it.
The bolster seats are better. Matt said so, but I thought I wanted a bucket style swivel seat so we could turn them around when folks are in the boat. Matt said to set side saddle. We discovered there isn't really a bad place to set, and the bolster is way more comfy. Thanks Matt!

Enough for now. Sorry for the long boring post, but this Black Boat is Bombdiggity. Jus saying...
Post enjoyed thoroughly. Glad you love her.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

It has been a great Ride... Well said Liquid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON