4 must haves

R6outboard
Commander
Commander

4 must haves

Post by R6outboard »

After having the boat (R6 outboard) for about a month, wanted to post my 4 must haves. Options im most happy with.

1. trim tabs (just like the recent post) got to have em. makes the ride so smooth
2. lighted storage. I know right. great value and must have
3. wireless phone charger. I have 2x 2021 vehicles with these chargers. The ford and Toyota are just ok. However the boat charger works the best of all 3, by far. money well spent.
4. platinum sound.

Honorable mention

1. flag
2. rear sun shade

If I were to redo my build

1. Larger Garmins
2. r8 with twins and joystick. hah!
IMG_4406.jpeg
IMG_4403.jpeg
IMG_4395.jpeg
IMG_4394.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cycleman6
Captain
Captain

Re: 4 must haves

Post by Cycleman6 »

Good Info. Will be ordering a R4 Surf next month
2018 R5 (SOLD)
6.2L VP 380HP
Ordering R4 SURF
Cycleman6
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycleman6 »

What tower/bimini did you choose?
2018 R5 (SOLD)
6.2L VP 380HP
Ordering R4 SURF
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

1. Power
2. Tabs.
3. Flushable pee pot.
4. Tunes.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
R6outboard
Commander
Commander

Post by R6outboard »

Cycleman6 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:30 am What tower/bimini did you choose?
I got the "folding with rotating sunshade" arch. It is currently priced at @ 12,750 msrp. OR about 3500 more than the arch with a Bimini. I got the rotating for 2 reasons. More shade from the arch itself and also it is needed to get the rear shade sail. After using it and seeing other posts about the current biminis being not quality enough. I surely suggest it. It is a quality piece. I went without electric fold to save some money and feel it is not needed. The tower is weighted so one person with one hand can move things around easily. I haven't dropped it but 2 times to mess with it. Pretty much stays up.
IMG_4391.jpg
IMG_4392.jpg
IMG_4432.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rabiddawg
Captain
Captain

Post by rabiddawg »

1. Water
2. Gas
3. Beverages
4. No lightening

😜
2003 262 8.1 Volvo
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

rabiddawg wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:26 am 1. Water
2. Gas
3. Beverages
4. No lightening

😜
I like it! Keep it simple!
Mike in SC
Captain
Captain

Post by Mike in SC »

R6outboard wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:53 am

I got the "folding with rotating sunshade" arch. It is currently priced at @ 12,750 msrp. OR about 3500 more than the arch with a Bimini. I got the rotating for 2 reasons. More shade from the arch itself and also it is needed to get the rear shade sail. After using it and seeing other posts about the current biminis being not quality enough. I surely suggest it. It is a quality piece. I went without electric fold to save some money and feel it is not needed. The tower is weighted so one person with one hand can move things around easily. I haven't dropped it but 2 times to mess with it. Pretty much stays up.

IMG_4391.jpgIMG_4392.jpgIMG_4432.jpg
I'd love to see the bases of the two poles holding up the rear of the shade sail. Specifically how they're supported or attached to the hull or swim platform.
Mike in SC
Lake Murray, SC
2003 Cobalt 220
350 Mag MPI/Merc Bravo 3
Cycleman6
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycleman6 »

R6outboard wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:53 am
Cycleman6 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:30 am What tower/bimini did you choose?

IMG_4391.jpgIMG_4392.jpgIMG_4432.jpg
Love the images of your tower. I'm debating between the rotating sunshade or bimini. Can you post a video or pic of it dropped/stowed? I'm trying to see if I'll have enough clearance on my lift with the height of our dock.
2018 R5 (SOLD)
6.2L VP 380HP
Ordering R4 SURF
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

Another Roswell speaker owner! How do you like them? I slightly preferred them over the JL Audio, and quite a bit over wet sounds, but not many on here have looked into all three.

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
tfarmer
Commander
Commander

Post by tfarmer »

I had the JL Audio in my R5 and it was a great system. However, the Roswell system takes sound to the next level. You can turn the volume up as loud as you can stand it with zero distortion. Just raw clean power. The whole system is very well balanced. The subs are not overpowering but will still produce body shaking bass while listening to your favorite music from Migos!
2021 R6 Surf, VP 380, Pacific Blue and Ebony.
(former) 2019 R5, Volvo 350, ebony hull w/pacific blue stripe.
moc611
Ensign
Ensign

Post by moc611 »

R6outboard wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:54 am After having the boat (R6 outboard) for about a month, wanted to post my 4 must haves. Options im most happy with.

1. trim tabs (just like the recent post) got to have em. makes the ride so smooth
3. wireless phone charger. I have 2x 2021 vehicles with these chargers. The ford and Toyota are just ok. However the boat charger works the best of all 3, by far. money well spent.
4. platinum sound.

Honorable mention

1. flag
2. rear sun shade

1. Larger Garmins

IMG_4406.jpegIMG_4403.jpegIMG_4395.jpegIMG_4394.jpeg
Beautiful boat! Curios, why the larger Garmins? Do you just prefer the look or is it a functional desire? I am working on my build and am leaning towards the 7" screens for cost but you know, its tempting to check the box!
2001 263
2022 R8
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

moc611 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:45 pm
R6outboard wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:54 am After having the boat (R6 outboard) for about a month, wanted to post my 4 must haves. Options im most happy with.

4. platinum sound.

Honorable mention

1. flag
2. rear sun shade

1. Larger Garmins

Beautiful boat! Curios, why the larger Garmins? Do you just prefer the look or is it a functional desire? I am working on my build and am leaning towards the 7" screens for cost but you know, its tempting to check the box!
Myself I would go larger just as it's easier to see when you just glance down. Plus the cool factor 👍
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
R6outboard
Commander
Commander

Post by R6outboard »

moc611 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:45 pm

4. platinum sound.

Honorable mention

1. flag
2. rear sun shade

1. Larger Garmins

I would say the main reason is the chart plotter. Before getting the boat I didn't think I would use the chart plotter for I know the lake my boat will be used on. However I absolutely love the chart plotter screen. Wish the screen was bigger. So nice and precise that im open to night boating. Didn't think I would feel comfortable but the chart plotter is awesome (first boat with one out of 4). Secondly the other Garmin screen has a ton of info to share. Some of it is adjustable but also only so much room on the screen. Could easily use more room for how I have it set up and would allow more info to be seen at the same time. Lastly feel the larger screens fill up the dash better. I dont think the standard screens are not enough; only would surely get the larger Garmins if I were building another boat. 100%.
lespaulrob
Commander
Commander

Post by lespaulrob »

jhnmdahl wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:58 am Another Roswell speaker owner! How do you like them? I slightly preferred them over the JL Audio, and quite a bit over wet sounds, but not many on here have looked into all three.

John
I have the Roswells as well and they are by far the best sounding system on the new models. One thing to note is that they jump up to an 8" speaker in the cabins over the JL's 6.5's which pushes much more air as well has more of a bass response. SUPER clean with the volume at 1 or maxed out. I hear so many distorted sounding speakers on the lake and these are absolutely not that. You can play modern pop, jazz, country, classical, etc. on them and they all sound equally amazing. I can't put my finger on the wet sounds sound yet but it just feels like ice picks are in my ears for some reason.
2021 R6 Surf VP380, platinum sound