Cs25 amp location

(Stereos, Chartplotters, Fish Finders, etc.)
fischelr01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Cs25 amp location

Post by fischelr01 »

Can anyone help me locate the amp location on a 2017 cs25? FIL’s boat and we’re trying to dissect the stereo package.
2008 252 8.1 Gi
Lake Lanier, GA
fischelr01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Cs25 amp location

Post by fischelr01 »

Couldn’t find the edit button SC25**
2008 252 8.1 Gi
Lake Lanier, GA
Lifelongbtr
Commander
Commander

Post by Lifelongbtr »

R3-7 is located right in front of helm, accessed under the seat in the bow. If I were to guess it’d be in the same spot.
fischelr01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by fischelr01 »

Lifelongbtr wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:29 pm R3-7 is located right in front of helm, accessed under the seat in the bow. If I were to guess it’d be in the same spot.
That’s my assumption too. Perhaps his does run off the HU amp.

Time to start chasing wire.

He just bought a sub and amp. Was cobalt still running 8 gauge to the amp location in 2017? I found the factory wiring in my 2008, not sure if they were doing the same 9 years later
2008 252 8.1 Gi
Lake Lanier, GA
Lifelongbtr
Commander
Commander

Post by Lifelongbtr »

fischelr01 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:04 am
Lifelongbtr wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:29 pm R3-7 is located right in front of helm, accessed under the seat in the bow. If I were to guess it’d be in the same spot.

He just bought a sub and amp. Was cobalt still running 8 gauge to the amp location in 2017? I found the factory wiring in my 2008, not sure if they were doing the same 9 years later
I’m not sure if the base audio package has an external amp or not. How many speakers, and it sounds like no sub? What is the brand of the head unit?

My boat everything runs off external amps, and I think that’s the case with premium or platinum sound.
fischelr01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by fischelr01 »

Lifelongbtr wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:19 pm

I’m not sure if the base audio package has an external amp or not. How many speakers, and it sounds like no sub? What is the brand of the head unit?

My boat everything runs off external amps, and I think that’s the case with premium or platinum sound.

I believe it’s the kicker HU. 6 JL coaxials. I know there’s no amp forward the helm.

I also didn’t see a “stereo” fuse with the bildge and helm main fuses. Makes me think the original owner didn’t buy an upgraded package.
2008 252 8.1 Gi
Lake Lanier, GA
Lifelongbtr
Commander
Commander

Post by Lifelongbtr »

fischelr01 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:33 pm

I believe it’s the kicker HU. 6 JL coaxials. I know there’s no amp forward the helm.

I also didn’t see a “stereo” fuse with the bildge and helm main fuses. Makes me think the original owner didn’t buy an upgraded package.
They make 6ch HU’s now, assuming they did a few years ago as well. Another way to check would be on the HU itself, in settings check for preamp settings and they may be off or try to adjust and see if there’s any difference. If you can get to the back, probably the easiest way would be to look for the amp out wiring vs speaker wiring. I doubt they’d pre-wire amps if it wasn’t chosen as an option.

In any case I’d think you buy new amp(s) and set it up right. My boat is two 5 ch amps, 4+sub. Total 8 speakers, 2 subs with the two amps, few separates mixed in.

If Roswell was the supplier for platinum audio at the time, contact them, you may be able buy the amps, speakers, etc. They “tune” the amps for the boat, which sounds cool, not sure how much difference it makes other than being able to crank it and not worry about too much/little power for the setup.
fischelr01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by fischelr01 »

Lifelongbtr wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:22 pm
fischelr01 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:33 pm

They make 6ch HU’s now, assuming they did a few years ago as well. Another way to check would be on the HU itself, in settings check for preamp settings and they may be off or try to adjust and see if there’s any difference. If you can get to the back, probably the easiest way would be to look for the amp out wiring vs speaker wiring. I doubt they’d pre-wire amps if it wasn’t chosen as an option.

In any case I’d think you buy new amp(s) and set it up right. My boat is two 5 ch amps, 4+sub. Total 8 speakers, 2 subs with the two amps, few separates mixed in.

If Roswell was the supplier for platinum audio at the time, contact them, you may be able buy the amps, speakers, etc. They “tune” the amps for the boat, which sounds cool, not sure how much difference it makes other than being able to crank it and not worry about too much/little power for the setup.
I agree. Once I have a chance to get in there and dig around for a few minutes, I'll be able to tell.

I'm guessing if/when he finds out there's no dedicated amp he'll want to add one. If that's the case, I'm hoping to find a couple 8 gauge runs so I don't have to also run the power to the new amps.

Appreciate all the feedback, I'll report back on what I find.
2008 252 8.1 Gi
Lake Lanier, GA
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Jyst a FYI new amps want better than 8 Guage.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
fischelr01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by fischelr01 »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:34 pm Jyst a FYI new amps want better than 8 Guage.
A 300w amp with a 15-16' run would produce minimal resistance with 8 gauge wire. At this point, we're only adding a single sub amp.
2008 252 8.1 Gi
Lake Lanier, GA
fischelr01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by fischelr01 »

I confirmed with Dwight in Customer Service that the factory amp location was in front of the helm. Apparently the stereo controller sits behind the mid-stbd bulkhead. There’s a panel in the stbd mid-storage compartment, to remove for access. Once I’m able to locate it, I’ll post pictures. As well, I’ll confirm if newer models have rca and power wire runs like my ‘08 did.

Stay tuned.
2008 252 8.1 Gi
Lake Lanier, GA
fischelr01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by fischelr01 »

Update…. The RF media receiver is mounted to the aft-side of the mid stringer. If you stick your head in the hole in the head compartment (looking aft) you can see the front side of the stringer in question.

To access the receiver, you need to remove the forward panels in the battery switch compartment. Ideally, you’ll have a 16 YO son that can wiggle into the compartment and make your RCA and remote wire connections. Otherwise, get your 6’ 4” ass down in that compartment and prove to your FIL how much you love his daughter.

Make your connections, mount the amp and you’re done.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 252 8.1 Gi
Lake Lanier, GA
stifflkd
Captain
Captain

Post by stifflkd »

I have an R5 and the HU is in the same general area. Installing the amp on the forward panel in that compartment makes the instal simple and your power run fairly short to the back end of the breaker panel. Question; where are you installing the subs. That is next on the agenda but don't want to have a oh shit moment after cutting the holes.
2021 R5 Shale/Ebony
VP 5.3L 350
"$TSLA"
fischelr01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by fischelr01 »

stifflkd wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:23 pm I have an R5 and the HU is in the same general area. Installing the amp on the forward panel in that compartment makes the instal simple and your power run fairly short to the back end of the breaker panel. Question; where are you installing the subs. That is next on the agenda but don't want to have a oh shit moment after cutting the holes.
On the SC series, we dropped it in adjacent to the head door on the port side. The port side “wall” just above the floor. I’ll get you a picture when I’m with them today.
2008 252 8.1 Gi
Lake Lanier, GA
fischelr01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by fischelr01 »

This is the factory sub location on an SC25.
606FD017-51DB-4B6B-ADAE-20E804EEEC9B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 252 8.1 Gi
Lake Lanier, GA