Garmin Glass Cockpit 8600…How customizable?

(Stereos, Chartplotters, Fish Finders, etc.)
BRDad
Commander
Commander

Garmin Glass Cockpit 8600…How customizable?

Post by BRDad »

Hi All,

Looking for some information on the dual glass cockpit set up.

I have 2 Garmin 10” in my new R4 that I’ll be picking up.

I know from the dealer it is set up to have the chart plotter / navigation non the left screen and the boat information and controls on the right screen (gages, light color control, rear video camera, etc.

99% of the time by boat will be used on a lake where I will not at all need the navigation. Does the left side have to be navigation or can it also be used for boat information. As an example…If I wanted to have rear camera showing of the left screen and boat gages showing on the right screen. Or if I want to have the boat gages on the left screen vs. the right screen?

I’m just trying to understand how much control I can have as far as the content on each screen. It would suck to have a whole screen that is not used since navigation features ogre not needed on the lake.

Thanks for any information!
Norris_Boating
Captain
Captain

Re: Garmin Glass Cockpit 8600…How customizable?

Post by Norris_Boating »

Very customizable, it isn't easy but once it is setup the way you want it, then it is easy to keep it that way. Give yourself a good hour to learn it.
2016 220
2019 R7 Surf
White and Red V8-380CE EVC DP (FWD) - 380 hp
notstock4long
Commander
Commander

Re: Garmin Glass Cockpit 8600…How customizable?

Post by notstock4long »

They are both identical displays that can both be set up for whatever you want. Nav on both, engine data on both, it doesn't matter.
2018 Cobalt CS22