Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
okielaker
Captain
Captain

Re: Table rock lake

Post by okielaker »

OK, bb... signed the petition. Hope it helps.
2008 272 8.1L 375hp VP
Buncombe Creek, Lake Texoma
dsthomas
Captain
Captain

Post by dsthomas »

I signed it as well.
Kansas City, MO
2011 242 VP 5.7 GXi (Sold)
2016 A25 VP 350 (Sold)
2020 R7 Surf VP 380 (Sold)
2022 R8 Surf VP 380
Boater4life
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Boater4life »

I signed.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Thanks keep it going. If you ever have been there or plan to go it's a must do spot while you're on the water.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Boater4life
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Boater4life »

We make a point of hanging around there when people are jumping from the rocks. Been boating Table Rock for 40+ years. Shame to see more development in that area.
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

Sorry to hear it wasnt saved BBP. We all signed..
CS23
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

I'm surprised the Corp of Engineers would even allow that to happen that far into the lake area.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yea it sucks but we will see what all happens. They can't build that close to the water but it just charges the view and everything around it. There are building those rentals all over the lake now which sucks. They put up a bunch in the cove where they have the regatta. It's all about money.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Boater4life
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Boater4life »

I don't like the paddle wheel boat they allowed. I also don't care for the Chateau hotel. It permanently changed the character of the lake.
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

Boater4life wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:48 pm I don't like the paddle wheel boat they allowed. I also don't care for the Chateau hotel. It permanently changed the character of the lake.
I can't say anything about the Chateau. It was there the first time we took our old Caravelle to the lake.
Wife did like the spa though.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Boater4life wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:48 pm I don't like the paddle wheel boat they allowed. I also don't care for the Chateau hotel. It permanently changed the character of the lake.
You must have be an experienced TRL boater to remember the Chateau getting built. It was already there in the mid 80s. I'm fine with reasonable development but honestly I cant imagine the need for all these rental houses. See pics. This is the area around where BBP is talking about and this represents only one of these types of developments going on right now. There are at least 6-7 other areas getting developed just like this. The real kicker is most of these have neither courtesy docks or direct lake access. My guess is one of these days these resorts will fail and these will get sold off as individual homes. Is there really that much demand for rental without lake access or docks?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

Table Rockin wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:40 am
You must have be an experienced TRL boater to remember the Chateau getting built. It was already there in the mid 80s. I'm fine with reasonable development but honestly I cant imagine the need for all these rental houses. See pics. This is the area around where BBP is talking about and this represents only one of these types of developments going on right now. There are at least 6-7 other areas getting developed just like this. The real kicker is most of these have neither courtesy docks or direct lake access. My guess is one of these days these resorts will fail and these will get sold off as individual homes. Is there really that much demand for rental without lake access or docks?
I think there is. Everyone I know local to me that winters in that area or has moved down there does not have a boat or even knows how to boat. If it werent for this forum I wouldnt even know about lake life down there. I probably knew 20 people down there give or take. Like YT says you have 3 types of people; those near the lake, those next to the lake ie beaches, fishing and those on the lake (I think it goes something like that).

I prefer not to see anymore people on the lake down there and even less surf boats, my boat gets beat up bad enough in the slip we rent for a week the way it is.
CS23
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

dustinm wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:06 am
Table Rockin wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:40 am
I think there is. Everyone I know local to me that winters in that area or has moved down there does not have a boat or even knows how to boat. If it werent for this forum I wouldnt even know about lake life down there. I probably knew 20 people down there give or take. Like YT says you have 3 types of people; those near the lake, those next to the lake ie beaches, fishing and those on the lake (I think it goes something like that).

I prefer not to see anymore people on the lake down there and even less surf boats, my boat gets beat up bad enough in the slip we rent for a week the way it is.
I'm ok with the chateau and the paddle wheel boat I think it's cool.
But this is where the regatta is held in the chateau arm and you can see more of those rental houses just above the tree line going up. I don't see why you would rent that but I'm a in the lake type guy. That Dustin was trying to explain.
Those subdivisions too me are just horrible. 1 here and there ok but not all over like it's starting to be.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

The thing is these places sleep like 20 or more people. Who vacations with that many? How many family reunions can there be?
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)