Need some help from the electrical guys--solar specifically

(Stereos, Chartplotters, Fish Finders, etc.)
sailor55330
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Need some help from the electrical guys--solar specifically

Post by sailor55330 »

I need some help- Looking to design a solar charged boat lift. I know I posted something similar a while back.

My intentions:

Replace 110ac motor with 24v DC blower motor on boat lift-
100ah LIon Battery 24v
40w solar panel.

Here's my question- There is a company out there that puts together a package that looks like this- It's 100% plug and play, but you pay for that.

https://www.lakelifter.com/c-face-gear-box-motors/

I can get a solar kit on Amazon for a fraction of the price:

The blower motor is prety much what it is, but the solar charging kit is crazy from Lakelifter. 10 times the cost. Yes, it's well put together and comes in a neat box, but is that worth 10x the price? What am I missing.

Please note, I'm not saying that I would use the kit in the Amazon link, but it's an example. Batteries aren't included in either so that's a non-factor in price.

Lake lifter claims that a 100ah battery bank will run the lift approximately 6-10 times a day and keep up with the charge for a weekend, then re-charge during the week.

Lake lifter is sold locally, but it's as much for convience as it is savings. From what I can see, I could almost put together my own system with batteries for the price of the Lake Lifter and no batteries.

Help me out Guru's! Thanks