Cockpit heat surprise

(190 through 360)
gwestphall
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Cockpit heat surprise

Post by gwestphall »

Hey, congrats on your 240 purchase, Greg. And so glad you found us!

The cockpit heater motor is located under the starboard aft seat in our 2005 263. Heres a picture...

Feel free to start a new thread with an introduction ( if you have time).
Btw, How did you get into Cobalt boats?

Once again, welcome aboard mate!

[/quote]

This is my third boat. The first was a Baja 208 Islander with a 7.4 Mercrusier (scary fast) sold that when we had kids. Got back into boating 4 years ago when i picked up a really inexpensive old Bayliner 2050 Capri 4.3LX sitting in someone's front yard when I was vacationing up in Traverse City. The boat is mechanically sound but vinyl and carpet and just about everything else is designed with low cost in mind. It got us back out on the water again though. My son loves to knee board and wakeboard. We all love to tube. I've been looking to upgrade to something with higher quality since last year when we permanently moved to Michigan. I've always admired Cobalt Boats and saw a 240 online with only 180 hours and couldn't pass on it.
Blk/Wht 2003 240
5.7GXi DP
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

Slideruleracer, the issue with attachments is the forum software, not you. I expect a fix late spring/early summer, but it will be a little finicky until then,

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
gwestphall
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by gwestphall »

Here are two pictures I captured oof of a You Tube vidoe pof a 2006 240 with cockpit heater. the switch location is down low on the left side of the helm and you can barely see the vent on the starboard side of the boat at the very left edge of the picture.
Greg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blk/Wht 2003 240
5.7GXi DP
gwestphall
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by gwestphall »

Whoops. Looks like I need to post vent picture again. Not showing up on my browser.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blk/Wht 2003 240
5.7GXi DP
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

gwestphall wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:00 pm Thanks for the quick reply folks. The pics are great! I have the 5.7 GXi motor. I'm a mechnical engineer here in Grand Rapids Michigan and have access to a few fabrication tools so I'm up for the task. Any advice or direction would be welcome. Am new to this forum but based on what I have read thus far it sounds like this is something I will have to source myself given the age of the boat (2003) and the 7-year limit on parts availability. Once I dig into this I will show photos and provide a parts list. I haven't taken delivery on the boat yet. Not till early May. I'll be doing an In-Out service in Muskegon this summer and do some of the work there and over the winter in my garage later this year. In the mean-time I thought I would science this out, obtain all the parts and seek so me guidance. I have a few pics from the web showing the switch location and one of the vent locations but do not know how many vents and where they are all placed on a 240. I would like it to look as stock as possible. Any help would be welcome.
Thanks again,
Greg
Welcome. Am I missing something. You have a 5.7gxi in your boat, why does your signature say 4.3? This isn't the bayliner anymore.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
gwestphall
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by gwestphall »

whoops. Momentary lapse of reason fixed it. Thx
Blk/Wht 2003 240
5.7GXi DP
gwestphall
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by gwestphall »

slideruleracer wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:11 pm Hi Gwest,

I just added the taps on my 8.1 so that I could plumb in the new heater I picked up. There's a kit that comes with the parts for the 8.1 so you don't need to try to source any of the fittings on your own. Here's what they looked like connected to the engine.

I haven't decided where to put the heater yet, but I bought the JEGS 3 port heater off Ebay for $150 on sale.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/JEGS-Performan ... 2749.l2649

Turns out, it's stainless and labeled 'Marine'.. Much cheaper than Heatercraft.

Hello SRR,
Where did you ge the fittings kit for your 8.1. They look really nice!
Greg
Blk/Wht 2003 240
5.7GXi DP
slideruleracer
Captain
Captain

Post by slideruleracer »

I got them from Ebay. The volvo part number is 3862102.
2004 250
502 Gxi
Order your Umbrella Adapters, no drill TigTech flagpole kits and seat repair kits from:
http://www.slideruleracing.com