Want to Buy - Trailer for 1980's era 21BR

(Cobalt Boats)
Wayfarer
Ensign
Ensign

Want to Buy - Trailer for 1980's era 21BR

Post by Wayfarer »

Looking for a tandem axle trailer for a 1985-1991 21BR, 21'1" LOA bowrider. The make of the trailer isn't important, but would like a trailer that is already fitted to the 21BR hull. It must be usable with no major repairs required. I split my time between Idaho and Texas, but can pick up the trailer anywhere in the US (I'm retired ;) ). Please send me a message if you have a trailer that would work. Thanks, Darren

P.S. I'm new to the Cobalt club. Lifelong boater but just bought my first Cobalt, a 1985 21BR that was rack stored it's whole life, and so now I need a trailer. Can't wait for boating season!
1985 Cobalt 21BR Mercruiser 260
bruceb58
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Want to Buy - Trailer for 1980's era 21BR

Post by bruceb58 »

Your best bet is finding another newer trailer and modifying it or get one with adjustable bunks.

I did know one person who found a trailer he wanted that came with a parts boat of his type. Pulled the engine and drive...sold it...and drove the boat carcass to the dump and had a trailer that worked for his boat.
2017 R5 350HP Mercruiser Bravo III
Northridge, CA
Big Bear Lake, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Hey Wayfarer. So glad you found us.

Any pics of your 21BR?

Will keep an eye out for ya’

And welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Wayfarer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Wayfarer »

Thanks for the suggestions and the welcome. I'm in Idaho at the moment, and the boat is in Alabama so I can't take pictures, but here's a photo of my boat from the sales ad. I was looking for a 19BR for months, actually years (on and off), but this 21BR fell into my lap instead. It's my favorite color combo from that era. Actually, those 80's Cobalts with all the teak and classic styling is the pinnacle of aesthetics for me anyway.

My father got me started boating as a little kid and I've had the bug (and a boat or two) continuously ever since. I'm primarily a sailor, but always admired nice "runabout" style boats, and the Cobalts in particular. My father is 90 now and now it's my turn to take him out and spend quality time together on the water while we still can. The boat will be based at Lake Ray Hubbard, Texas, by the way.
IMG_5635.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1985 Cobalt 21BR Mercruiser 260
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Such a classic. 👌🏻
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )