2022 Cobalt R8 Surf / Software & Garmin Update

SweetWater
Ensign
Ensign

2022 Cobalt R8 Surf / Software & Garmin Update

Post by SweetWater »

Just picked up boat from dealer for warranty work over the spring. Mainly just odds and ends that were not a big deal. Although they did replace the ENTIRE flooring after started peeling in several areas. Hope it was just a bad batch and not result of the sun reflection off the fiberglass (White) burning the Grey/Black flooring.

Anyway, dealer performed software updates, and although I didn't have a chance to play with the screens too much this past weekend without being in the water and Detailer was going to town on it, it appears the Garmin gauges have completely changed formatting and appearance. I'm sure I can find the layout I liked before the update with some time, but does anyone know if there is a user guide online or maybe you tube ?

Thank you in advance

DSweet
Lake Mohave, AZ
lespaulrob
Commander
Commander

Re: 2022 Cobalt R8 Surf / Software & Garmin Update

Post by lespaulrob »

Yeah, I updated mine as well using the Active Captain app and it changed the look of the gauges. It didn't change any of the layouts though, just the colors and fonts of the gauges themselves. You SHOULD be able to just click and hold with your finger on the gauges and then you can replace them with whatever values you want in that place from what's available.
2021 R6 Surf VP380, platinum sound
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

SweetWater wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:53 pm Just picked up boat from dealer for warranty work over the spring. Mainly just odds and ends that were not a big deal. Although they did replace the ENTIRE flooring after started peeling in several areas. Hope it was just a bad batch and not result of the sun reflection off the fiberglass (White) burning the Grey/Black flooring.

Anyway, dealer performed software updates, and although I didn't have a chance to play with the screens too much this past weekend without being in the water and Detailer was going to town on it, it appears the Garmin gauges have completely changed formatting and appearance. I'm sure I can find the layout I liked before the update with some time, but does anyone know if there is a user guide online or maybe you tube ?

Thank you in advance

DSweet
Lake Mohave, AZ
I just kept playing with mine until I got what I wanted.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
SweetWater
Ensign
Ensign

Post by SweetWater »

Thank you