New 2023 CS 22

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
Kenboat
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New 2023 CS 22

Post by Kenboat »

Just joined and purchased a 2023 CS 22 with the 300 HP VP drive.
Pick it up Thursday this week!
It has Bayside Blue with black bow stripe, Frost/Slate interior.
Options
Pre Sound, bow and tonneau covers, flip down swim step, fender clips, seagrass floor, dual battery, bimini top, and flag pole.
We test drove this boat and a CS 23 with the Merc 6.2 and we liked the smaller size, time on plane and sound of the VP CS 22.
Purchased from Tommys on Walloon Lake , MI and they did a great deal to move out a 23.
Really like the quality of Cobalt and the interior layout!

One item to address both the SC 23 and CS 22 lean to the passenger side when on plane, seems the dual batteries and extra weight of the passenger seat and extra fiberglass add weight on that side. I will load the boat with any heavy gear on driver side but if it does not correct maybe consider moving one or both batteries to driver side?
Anyone else also notice this on these size boats?
Sumgai
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: New 2023 CS 22

Post by Sumgai »

You can add a 2022 R4 ob to the “lean to the left” trait with 8 souls on board. First world problem: nobody fell out, boat was plenny responsive to both left and right turns, and not a drop of spray made it inside the “iron-curtain-high” gunnels. Not a problem serious enuff to carry a scale on board to determine passenger seat positions; or to invite another aftermarket dealer of potential problems on-board by adding their trim tabs. My ‘Balt be bitchin!
'22 Cobalt R4 OB
'98 Sea Ray 230 Signature Select
Land_Locked
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Land_Locked »

I just bought a 2022 (last of the year model) CS22 new at the end of May and I feel like mine has the same issue. But as has already been mentioned, it hasn't affected anything I've done so far. I've pulled tubers behind it all summer and it's responsive turning both directions with no issues at all. MIne only has the VP 250DP but still it's been a great addition to my fleet so far.

If you don't already have it, do yourself a favor and add Sea Deck to the swim platform and transom areas. It feels MUCH better, especially when climbing back on the boat from the water. I was actually able to have it added as part of my deal when I bought because they were really trying hard to move the last remaining 2022 model out.
Last edited by Land_Locked on Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 CS22 Volvo 250/DP Family Truckster
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

Kenboat wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:49 am
One item to address both the SC 23 and CS 22 lean to the passenger side when on plane, seems the dual batteries and extra weight of the passenger seat and extra fiberglass add weight on that side. I will load the boat with any heavy gear on driver side but if it does not correct maybe consider moving one or both batteries to driver side?
Anyone else also notice this on these size boats?
Well good for you on the purchase!

Yes if I have 2 passengers favoring the port side I notice this too. I was considering moving both batteries starboard but after I seen all the battery cut off wires that also need moved I declined. I also havent measured if their is enough height on the other side and if your going to move one move both.
It does bother me underway and I can feel some ill handling traits from it if you hit a wake wrong, or even in bad chop. Bad chop I will make people move if the chop is from port side.
CS23
Kenboat
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Kenboat »

Looked over moving the batteries to the starboard side, Enough room and the negative cables should be long enough. The two red cables are short. Going to make a set of cable extensions and make the move in a few weeks.
I will put together a list of materials so others can use as a guide.
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

I was at Tommy’s in Walloon lake in July walking their docks. I think I saw your boat. I don’t think I would bother looking. I would explore trim tabs instead if possible. That might be a big if. I had a 220 and never thought about adding them. Now with my experience with my R7 I would have loved them
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Kenboat
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Kenboat »

I will look into trim tabs, they are great when you have a load of passengers.
Was out yesterday and it was fairly windy, very happy with the boat and its rough water handling. Did on WOT run and it hit 50 MPH at 5900 RPM.
Happy with the boats current props.