Buying a New cobalt cs3 any recommendations?

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Buying a New cobalt cs3 any recommendations?

Post by Big Block Power »

By the way where are you going to be boating? I don't mind helping you find a boat. It will be a great first boat
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:17 pm By the way where are you going to be boating? I don't mind helping you find a boat. It will be a great first boat
I know of this GREAT 222 that is for sale :)

Actally we love ours, would make a great starter boat, the 5.7 is plenty of power, there is a ton more room in the bow as compared to the CS3, and you wouldnt feel horrible the first time you put a scratch on it.

Yeah, you should totally buy BBP's boat. Added bonus Katie and I have also sat in it. It's basically been blessed by two members of the forums. What more could you want?
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Merc Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L - Sold
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

NautiGirl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:17 pm By the way where are you going to be boating? I don't mind helping you find a boat. It will be a great first boat

Actally we love ours, would make a great starter boat, the 5.7 is plenty of power, there is a ton more room in the bow as compared to the CS3, and you wouldnt feel horrible the first time you put a scratch on it.

Yeah, you should totally buy BBP's boat. Added bonus Katie and I have also sat in it. It's basically been blessed by two members of the forums. What more could you want?
That's Jeff :-)
I was wondering if a 222, 220 or r3 was a option? Or is your heart really set on the Cs3? I couldn't imagine putting the guest scratch in the new boat. I bumped my 220 pretty good this year launching it and I was a bit upset for awhile. Even though I knew I could fix it myself.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:51 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 pm

That's Jeff :-)
I was wondering if a 222, 220 or r3 was a option? Or is your heart really set on the Cs3? I couldn't imagine putting the guest scratch in the new boat. I bumped my 220 pretty good this year launching it and I was a bit upset for awhile. Even though I knew I could fix it myself.
Ms. Nauti here...I"m with BB, I couldn't handle being the first person to mark up a brand new boat...I know it will happen but ugh on a BRAND NEW BOAT...I cant even.

But my 2cents here...don't buy the boat because its a good deal and sorta kinda what you want...you can spend the same amount of money on a used boat that has everything (or at least more) of what you want. Don't settle and who knows, maybe you have a wife like me that wants to be fast and loud...she would never be happy with that 250 hp! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
KENTUCKY
Mxboy2661
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mxboy2661 »

Wow! Thank all of ya's for all the responces! I think I'm definitely gonna have to look into buying one with a bigger motor. I raced mx my whole life and when I was younger even had a pro licence for a few years, my boys are young 4 and 8 but are already adrenaline junkies! We recently had a new house built and we are about 1 mile from the bay. Really what attracted me to the cs3 was the great price, 58k otd taxes and all, everything we have looked at in the 23ft range is in the 70k plus range and that's over my budget. Buying used really isn't my thing, I'm extremely anal with everything " a clean freak" I really would like new, well see. I'm gonna see what the difference will be if I order 1 the way I want. What about a cs1? The boat will be used strictly in salt water
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

I wouldn't discount a used boat just because you are "anal with everything and a clean freak"...every single person on here is as well!!!!!!!!

There are a lot of great used boat options in the 23 ft range...our very own BigBlock has a few for sale now...talk about a clean freak...this guy knows what's up and several of the guys here have had boats shipped so someone could help there too. Don't limit yourself to a certain radius...lots of good used boats out there that can get you more for your money...no adrenaline junkie is going to be satisfied with a 250hp boat.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
KENTUCKY
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bfun220 »

NautiGirl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:42 pm I wouldn't discount a used boat just because you are "anal with everything and a clean freak"...every single person on here is as well!!!!!!!!

There are a lot of great used boat options in the 23 ft range...our very own BigBlock has a few for sale now...talk about a clean freak...this guy knows what's up and several of the guys here have had boats shipped so someone could help there too. Don't limit yourself to a certain radius...lots of good used boats out there that can get you more for your money...no adrenaline junkie is going to be satisfied with a 250hp boat.
+1
2018 r5
2003 220
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

I think I'm definitely gonna have to look into buying one with a bigger motor. I raced mx my whole life and when I was younger even had a pro licence for a few years, my boys are young 4 and 8 but are already adrenaline junkies!

Nice job coming to that realization about engine size, mxboy2661. I'm a speed junkie myself and would pay for bigger horses.

...and like NautiGirl mentioned, there are quite a few great USED options out there which can be just as clean (or cleaner) than new.

Don't be afraid to expand your search radius either. Shipping is really not that big a deal now that UShip has entered the market. I think you may even find some boats for sale on this site by some very particular owners.

As far as the CS1, for your needs, especially with salt water boating where the water tends to be bigger, a 21' boat will be undersized for you. 23' may be your sweet spot for your type of water in addition to being 1st time boater's.

Here was a small discussion on the CS1 model back in January:
viewtopic.php?t=310

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

NautiGirl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:42 pm I wouldn't discount a used boat just because you are "anal with everything and a clean freak"...every single person on here is as well!!!!!!!!

100% correct.and Thank you.
Yes some of these boats may just need a little tlc but if you buy from someone anal like most of us that used boat will look brand new. I will say my boat is cleaner than most new boats and it's 16 years old. I know the guy with this boat and it shines like new. There are plenty out there used. The blue 222 is a very nice boat but not as clean as the 220 but great first boats for sure.lol

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/6371 ... go=display

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/6371 ... go=display
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

Here BB I thought I would help ya out... I fixed the internet so your links would work! Sell those boats... Your R3 is out there waiting for you!

https://appleton.craigslist.org/boa/d/2 ... 07113.html

https://appleton.craigslist.org/boa/d/m ... 07298.html
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
KENTUCKY
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

NautiGirl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:09 pm Here BB I thought I would help ya out... I fixed the internet so your links would work! Sell those boats... Your R3 is out there waiting for you!

Thanks I wasn't thinking. Lol I just grabbed it off my account page.lol
After lake Tenkiller I have to get to Dale Hollow lake as well. I need some gas :-)
Yes if both sell there will be a R3 in the driveway.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

The boat will be used strictly in salt water

Not to rain on your (NautiG & BBP) parade but remember, mxboy2661 boats in saltwater. It WILL eat those trailers alive.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:14 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:09 pm Here BB I thought I would help ya out... I fixed the internet so your links would work! Sell those boats... Your R3 is out there waiting for you!

Thanks I wasn't thinking. Lol I just grabbed it off my account page.lol
After lake Tenkiller I have to get to Dale Hollow lake as well. I need some gas :-)
Yes if both sell there will be a R3 in the driveway.
Come on down! I think, maybe, the great state of KENTUCKY has the most members from one state on here... You can visit with us all!
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
KENTUCKY
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

AsLan7 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:20 pm

Not to rain on your (NautiG & BBP) parade but remember, mxboy2661 boats in saltwater. It WILL eat those trailers alive.
OK valid point... But hey just buy a new trailer lol.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
KENTUCKY
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AsLan7 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:20 pm

I can have a aluminium trailer under it tomorrow. Free :-)
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!