Error Code 698 & 699

creggree
Ensign
Ensign

Error Code 698 & 699

Post by creggree »

Hello everyone,

My 2013 Cobalt 262, with a Colvo Penta V8-380-C-B) has run great since I purchased it three years ago. For the 2nd time, the check engine alert went off. The first time there were many codes, the local marina cleared them, and I took the boat out twice before the check engine went off again. They ran the scanner, and it's returning codes 698 & 699, which they told me is a low voltage code. They change the spark plugs, but they admit they are only guessing. Has anyone received these codes and could share what the fix was?

Many Thanks!
Cory
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Error Code 698 & 699

Post by AsLan7 »

So glad you found us Cory.

Hope you can resolve the issue. Post back if you get an answer.

Any pics of your Cobalt?

And welcome aboard mate.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
bruceb58
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Error Code 698 & 699

Post by bruceb58 »

creggree wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:48 pm Hello everyone,

My 2013 Cobalt 262, with a Colvo Penta V8-380-C-B) has run great since I purchased it three years ago. For the 2nd time, the check engine alert went off. The first time there were many codes, the local marina cleared them, and I took the boat out twice before the check engine went off again. They ran the scanner, and it's returning codes 698 & 699, which they told me is a low voltage code. They change the spark plugs, but they admit they are only guessing. Has anyone received these codes and could share what the fix was?

Many Thanks!
Cory
You have digital gauges or analog? Do you know if they are on the CAN bus? Have a picture of the backside of the gauges?

Yeah...many dealers are clueless. That's why when I lost all my data for my glass cockpit, I knew taking ot to the dealer would be a crapshoot so I diagnosed it myself.
2017 R5 350HP Mercruiser Bravo III
Northridge, CA
Big Bear Lake, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA