Boat Insurance

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Boat Insurance

Post by Big Block Power »

Bfun220 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:52 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:04 pmI Tammy don't think they are that much more than others either.
Good info Tammy.
That was Mrs. Small block typing :-)
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
gdane
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by gdane »

Have to give the site some love for all the information and it is Valentines Day!!! Thanks
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
sailor55330
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by sailor55330 »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:04 pm
ajcampen wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:59 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:33 pm

My 0.02 cents on this as someone that works with insurance people everyday... There is something to be said for claims handling...thats when you want your insurance company to exceed your expectations... You get what you pay for!

Very timely for me. I'm going through a no-fault auto claim with Allstate and to be honest, it's been a cluster. Their new app based system sucks. WIthout going into a lot of detail, the other party's insurance had an adjuster at my house to look at the vehicle in less than 24hrs from filing. Allstate----had to do the app based photo claim---took about 3 days to get that done, then the payment that was supposed to be "deposited" over night took 9 days.
Their estimate was also less than 50% of what the other party's insurance adjuster said. Took 4 phone calls and 4 hours to get an understanding of how the electronic payment system was supposed to work. Allstate kept claiming they had talked to my wife when in fact, she was never in contact with them. Local agent didn't help much to be honest. After all of that, Allstate somehow got the idea that I wanted to stop payment and start over with a paper check, which was never discussed.

BTW--I've had 2 claims in 30 years and they've screwed up both. My insurance is costing my $871/annually for the boat and trailer.

I'm actively looking......
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

sailor55330 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:28 am
Big Block Power wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:04 pm

Very timely for me. I'm going through a no-fault auto claim with Allstate and to be honest, it's been a cluster. Their new app based system sucks. WIthout going into a lot of detail, the other party's insurance had an adjuster at my house to look at the vehicle in less than 24hrs from filing. Allstate----had to do the app based photo claim---took about 3 days to get that done, then the payment that was supposed to be "deposited" over night took 9 days.
Their estimate was also less than 50% of what the other party's insurance adjuster said. Took 4 phone calls and 4 hours to get an understanding of how the electronic payment system was supposed to work. Allstate kept claiming they had talked to my wife when in fact, she was never in contact with them. Local agent didn't help much to be honest. After all of that, Allstate somehow got the idea that I wanted to stop payment and start over with a paper check, which was never discussed.

BTW--I've had 2 claims in 30 years and they've screwed up both. My insurance is costing my $871/annually for the boat and trailer.

I'm actively looking......
I don't pay that for two boats. Granted mine are older but I pay extra for hp over 400. Again I have everything through state farm same agent office for 34 or so years. They've been the best from a house fire to multiple auto claims to a few boat claims. Again out of every claim my agent was great and checks in a week everytime. State farm has a app also it's ok. I have talked to people through out them though. Also had motorcycle insurance through them. Believe me with all the flipping I do with boats and bikes my agent should hate me but he's great. Yes they screw some things up but it's all good. I'm out of breath so I hope that helps.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

3 most common boat insurance claims according to Boat US (no....crushing wake tower while backing into garage did not make the list. :lol: ):

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AsLan7 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 pm 3 most common boat insurance claims according to Boat US (no....crushing wake tower while backing into garage did not make the list. :lol: ):

Interesting. Who did that?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
charron
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by charron »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:40 pm No way in Heck would I drop them. Not sure you know what happened to my boat, but that's ok it's a sore subject yet.lol
I've had them for 30 years and have made a few claims. Always had cash in my hand in a week with no headaches. I would pay double to keep them.
For my boat I pay under $400/year.
My 0.02 cents on this as someone that works with insurance people everyday... There is something to be said for claims handling...thats when you want your insurance company to exceed your expectations... You get what you pay for!
What companies do u like? I am with amica now
I have all of my personal policies with Amica (4 cars, 2 houses, umbrella policy, jet ski, snowmobile and until I sold it in the fall, my last boat) but they told me that they won’t cover the R7 I have on order because they “don’t like to insure those types of boats”. When I question them on it, they said because I ordered it with the 380hp engine and they felt it was too much power! I couldn’t believe it! I’m now forced to look elsewhere for boat insurance too and was considering BoatUS but now I’m not so sure!
2018 Cobalt R7 380VP
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

charron wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:45 pm

What companies do u like? I am with amica now
I have all of my personal policies with Amica (4 cars, 2 houses, umbrella policy, jet ski, snowmobile and until I sold it in the fall, my last boat) but they told me that they won’t cover the R7 I have on order because they “don’t like to insure those types of boats”. When I question them on it, they said because I ordered it with the 380hp engine and they felt it was too much power! I couldn’t believe it! I’m now forced to look elsewhere for boat insurance too and was considering BoatUS but now I’m not so sure!
Wow that's crazy. Really it's not like it's a 380hp in a snowmobile it's in a Cobalt not a scarab!
I guess they just lose your money.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Bobo87
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Bobo87 »

I have had Amica before. They are a good company but a little squirrelly when comes to who they pick what they will insure.
2007 212 5.0 GXi DP Volvo Penta
Tubing, Skiing, and all around boating fun!
Texas Sun & Fun!
2016 Yamaha VX Cruiser
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Is it summer yet? God we suck. Talking about insurance 😁

Im dying! I want my boat and wind in my face and sun and water!...........uuugghhh!!!!
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
BIGGUSBLOCKUS
Captain
Captain

Post by BIGGUSBLOCKUS »

Table Rockin wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:24 pm Is it summer yet? God we suck. Talking about insurance 😁

Im dying! I want my boat and wind in my face and sun and water!...........uuugghhh!!!!
I LOVE insurance! It's my life. :oops:
Lots of good discussion even though we would all rather be boating. Glad to hear some positive stories.
Full Disclosure...I am a State Farm Agent (22 years). :D
2018 Cobalt R30 Twin Volvo 380 w joystick and hard top.
1965 Corvette 396CI/425HP Convertible
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

BIGGUSBLOCKUS wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:56 pm
Table Rockin wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:24 pm Is it summer yet? God we suck. Talking about insurance 😁

Lots of good discussion even though we would all rather be boating. Glad to hear some positive stories.
So.. question..

as most insurance companies won't insure blue merc motors ( 500hp and up) what's State Farm's guidelines..it seem to push people to outside underwriting!!

My Allstate took my 425hp.. my 415hp but 525 was no bueno..
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

cmattj wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:16 pm
BIGGUSBLOCKUS wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:56 pm

So.. question..

as most insurance companies won't insure blue merc motors ( 500hp and up) what's State Farm's guidelines..it seem to push people to outside underwriting!!

Lol...no offense meant BB....im an accountant and i can assure you no one wants to talk about my practice. Compounded by that fact that my practice area is financial statement audits. People at least have some interest in taxes....but my practice is considered mostly compliance work. Id still rather be boating 😀
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
BIGGUSBLOCKUS
Captain
Captain

Post by BIGGUSBLOCKUS »

[/quote]

So.. question..

[/quote]

At least here in Iowa, we will absolutely consider those.
2018 Cobalt R30 Twin Volvo 380 w joystick and hard top.
1965 Corvette 396CI/425HP Convertible
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

BIGGUSBLOCKUS wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:58 pm
So.. question..

[/quote]

At least here in Iowa, we will absolutely consider those.
[/quote]

Here in Wisconsin I'll take blues,blacks and greens :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!