Ceramic Pro detailing products

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ceramic Pro detailing products

Post by Big Block Power »

Table Rockin wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:44 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:03 am So by doing this you essentially would never have to wax your boat again. Just spray it off with a hose or wipe it down after every drive if you are on a clean body of water.
Is that their claim? Is this true? Last year I paid someone like $350/400 to detail my boat so I guess over a period of 4 years or so it would be cost beneficial to do this. I just am skeptical of it lasting a lifetime. RainX doesnt last forever thats for sure. Of course, if it really did last that long it would likely be worth it to me. Thats really the only thing i DONT like about being on a lift....its just harder to keep clean. You dont have the angles/leverage you do when its on a trailer and the bow is hard to reach.
I can tell you every lift boat I bought was not nearly as nice as a garage kept boat. If it's like the car stuff yes it lasts but you are supposed to add some cleaners and wax yearly.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:53 pm I can tell you every lift boat I bought was not nearly as nice as a garage kept boat.
Yes but I take comfort in the fact that to get my boat in the water i just press a button :D

Ozarks/Branson is super hilly/mountainous. Believe you me, not having to pull a trailer is a HUGE benefit.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

I checked into this pretty extensively and I have a couple of good friends that are in the detail business. Besides the fact that I work with guys that have $20,000 paint jobs on their show cars.

First off, what makes this product so expensive is the detail it takes to apply it. You have to completely strip the surface of any contaminants including any wax that has been applied. Then the application process starts in very small sections. I've never done it, but I've watched it being done and you have to do it right. If you get distracted, someone walks in and talk to you, you drop something and walk away or have to go to the bathroom... You literally have to buff it off and start over. But once it's on it's good for about two to three years, depending on the conditions. No way does it last a lifetime. You can however put a ceramic boost on the surface and that will carry it over another two or three years. You still have to wash, wipe, and address any grime, but you don't have to wax. That's probably why I like Adams H2O so much. If I have to wash it anyway? I think the stuff was designed for guys that never wash or wax their own Vehicles. The same guys that never raise the hood of their vehicle or change a tire. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying...
If I was going to do it I would do it myself, and only on the bottom front of the boat, from the keel up to the chines. But then again, you still have to get down there to wipe off the scum line and any other crap you pick up in the water, so what would be the point?
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Table Rockin wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:44 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:03 am So by doing this you essentially would never have to wax your boat again. Just spray it off with a hose or wipe it down after every drive if you are on a clean body of water.
Is that their claim? Is this true? Last year I paid someone like $350/400 to detail my boat so I guess over a period of 4 years or so it would be cost beneficial to do this. I just am skeptical of it lasting a lifetime. RainX doesnt last forever thats for sure. Of course, if it really did last that long it would likely be worth it to me. Thats really the only thing i DONT like about being on a lift....its just harder to keep clean. You dont have the angles/leverage you do when its on a trailer and the bow is hard to reach.
yep, I think that is the route I am going to go as well. I've got a ton of oxidation on my transom from sitting in a slip to small for the boat. So I am going to pay someone to buff it out. Was going to go the ceramic coating route until I got the bill. Then I will just do regular waxing and cleanups from there.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Table Rockin wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:36 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:53 pm I can tell you every lift boat I bought was not nearly as nice as a garage kept boat.
Yes but I take comfort in the fact that to get my boat in the water i just press a button :D

Ozarks/Branson is super hilly/mountainous. Believe you me, not having to pull a trailer is a HUGE benefit.
Exactly! I sold my last bought because of that exact reasoning. I said I would never own a boat again until it was lift kept

and BBP. I don't think a 262 is fitting in a normal garage. Unless I build a barn like T Did.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

tgrace98 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:34 pm

Exactly! I sold my last bought because of that exact reasoning. I said I would never own a boat again until it was lift kept

and BBP. I don't think a 262 is fitting in a normal garage. Unless I build a barn like T Did.
I'm not disagreeing with you guys on having a boat lift and going boating I wish I had one also. Just saying they are not as clean as a garage kept one.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:00 pm

I'm not disagreeing with you guys on having a boat lift and going boating I wish I had one also. Just saying they are not as clean as a garage kept one.
BBP.....everyone knows Wisconsin lift boaters are slobs, but in most other places, it is the other way around 🤣🤣😂
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:00 pm

Says the guy with one day of summer in Wisconsin! 😁
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
gdane
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by gdane »

IMG_0242.jpg
Sure is sweet to have the best of both worlds.
Nothing easier than working on your boat both on a trailer and a lift.
I am blessed! :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Is that the lake house or main house? You keep stored over winter there? Yea that would be nice. Pull the boat and have it close by during winter....you know....to stare at and wipe down...😎
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
gdane
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by gdane »

TR Lake house Built the storage before we built the home. Luckiest thing I did! ;) The ole " Liqiud Lounge" Is just down the road from the home. Yep great to crank up the heater and work on the boat projects in the off season. So ready to go come SUMMER TIME!!!
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake