What are you listening to.....

(non-boating; no politics!)
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by AsLan7 »

Lee St.Clair wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:22 pm Old school here...in fact real old school. Old western music or classical only.
Got a sample or fave to share LSC?
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

AsLan7 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:56 am
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:04 pm Thanks A7 I did a little garage boating today to that song. Crystal clean. Sweet!
Sure thing my friend. Happy to help pass the time as we approach spring. Just over a month now 'til she comes out of storage. (the boat that is) :D

I did a little reading on the new McIntosh 462 amp! Wow! Sounds like with some B&W 702s is the hot set up.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:40 am
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:04 pm Thanks A7 I did a little garage boating today to that song. Crystal clean. Sweet!
Sure thing my friend. Happy to help pass the time as we approach spring. Just over a month now 'til she comes out of storage. (the boat that is) :D

I did a little reading on the new McIntosh 462 amp! Wow! Sounds like with some B&W 702s is the hot set up.

That would be a hot set up bbp. Personally I love the sound and look of the B & W 802 Diamond 3's. Of course I think any pilot would be drawn to these as they look like they could take off. Then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 8-)

2.jpg

We just picked up a McIntosh hybrid integrated amp, the MA12000. It's their most powerful hybrid yet and gives us that warm tube sound combined with the speed and raw power of a solid state amplifier. She sounds gorgeous and packs a punch to our power hungry Carver AL speakers.

1.jpg

Of course it didn't happen without a pic so here is one of it in our system...

3.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AsLan7 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:01 pm

That would be a hot set up bbp. Personally I love the sound and look of the B & W 802 Diamond 3's. Of course I think any pilot would as they look like they would take off. Then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 8-)

2.jpg

We just picked up a McIntosh hybrid integrated amp, the MA12000. It's their most powerful hybrid yet and gives us that warm tube sound combined with the speed and raw power of a solid state amplifier. She sounds gorgeous and packs a punch to our power hungry Carver AL speakers.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Yes I'm in love!
Nice set up! I haven't turned on my Yamaha in years. Sami turns it on more than I do to watch movies. So doesn't make sense to invest into something like that. I would love to though. Wife isn't having a system in her living room so I lose.
Next trip to the garage party I'll have to stop over to hear it 👍
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:03 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:01 pm

That would be a hot set up bbp. Personally I love the sound and look of the B & W 802 Diamond 3's. Of course I think any pilot would as they look like they would take off. Then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 8-)

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Yes I'm in love!
Nice set up! I haven't turned on my Yamaha in years. Sami turns it on more than I do to watch movies. So doesn't make sense to invest into something like that. I would love to though. Wife isn't having a system in her living room so I lose.
Next trip to the garage party I'll have to stop over to hear it 👍
Would love to have you over buddy. Let's spin some vinyl together! :D (Although really I'm an SACD fan)

Quick system tour...

DEE2F244-26DC-4DE0-90C7-8A5CC7CD588A.jpeg

Believe it or not we use our system just as much for gaming as well. Six gaming systems are hooked into it. My son's girlfriend was using the Vive yesterday...

2.jpg

Then they moved on to playing Doom 2 on Xbox (remember Doom!); and ended playing Fate Grand Order on Apple TV.

1.jpg

6A0BA2B8-E009-46F0-8795-B73AC8343A06.jpeg

Now here's another piece that sounds fabulous on a nice system.
Try this one out on your Yami BBP and be sure to crank up your subs. It's like the hippos are coming thru your house! They may even be Cosmic after you hear the vid at the 2:30 mark. Enjoy this piece from Bela Fleck & the Flecktones--Flight of the Cosmic Hippos....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ok I'll let you know. Sweet set up! I was searching those yesterday! I'm not sure if we have a McIntosh dealer close to us? We have Sound World here that is big in high end. My Bil and sister used to work for them til they retired. That's where I got my rear B&W speakers from. I've just pieced thing together back in the day.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Ok...
All time favorite song..

Mine is easy. Always has been, always will be. The answer has never changed.
This pic hangs in my office.
It gave me chills when I was waiting by my radio at 8 years old, and still does 54 years later.
IMO, the single best voice in a song ever recorded was Jim Morrison singing Riders On The Storm.

The unique thing about that recording is that Morrison dubbed the sung lyrics with whispering the same lyrics over the top.
He must of thought of that on a drunk, a mushroom high or whatever he was taking that day.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Tuscany wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:29 am Ok...
All time favorite song..

Mine is easy. Always has been, always will be. The answer has never changed.
This pic hangs in my office.
It gave me chills when I was waiting by my radio at 8 years old, and still does 54 years later.
IMO, the single best voice in a song ever recorded was Jim Morrison singing Riders On The Storm.

The unique thing about that recording is that Morrison dubbed the sung lyrics with whispering the same lyrics over the top.
He must of thought of that on a drunk, a mushroom high or whatever he was taking that day.
Man that is such a great tune T. Did not know that about the whispering but it makes perfect sense now when you listen to it.
Very cool memorabilia you got there too. 👍

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

One of my favs from the Motels.
YOtCVfBxUtc
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Anther one from the 80s!
Missing Persons

03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

I love this thread.
Missing Persons...yes!
Motels...yes!
I'm shocked that I don't hear more of either on 80's channels. It's like they forgot.

Tuscany: First time I heard Riders on the Storm was driving through San Berdino Valley on a summer trip to southern California in Summer of 1971. We were going to walk in LA...but wound up walking in Orange County...no song about that. It was really good especially a night in a strange place.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Thinking of my first trip to California....in the summer of 1967 as an 8 year old on a cross country travel trailer family vacation, the timing was accidentally right in my life, and actually witnessing it all in SF...the corner of Ashbury and Haight. Seeing the hippy movement of the “Summer of Love” with my own eyes, and seeing the people camping on that hill. Hundreds of them..The bikers, the drugs, the liberation of teenagers and 20 somethings..

LOL, my mother was so scared of long haired hippies.. “Roll up the windows and lock the doors” 🤣
I remember it was weird and a little scary..hippies selling their magazines and saying “help me buy my dope”🤣 totally totally totally FREAKED my small town parents out. 🤣🤣

I remember it like yesterday.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

I've been reading a lot of old posts and noticed BBP liking a few things.
Suggestion: Look up Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit's song: Dreamsicle.

Actually a pretty good song that I never would have heard without listening to XM Radio's Spectrum Channel.
Another I found there that is now on our "Relaxing on the Boat" playlist is Khrunagbin & Leon Bridges song: Texas Sun.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Krob1114 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:36 am I've been reading a lot of old posts and noticed BBP liking a few things.
Suggestion: Look up Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit's song: Dreamsicle.

Actually a pretty good song that I never would have heard without listening to XM Radio's Spectrum Channel.
Another I found there that is now on our "Relaxing on the Boat" playlist is Khrunagbin & Leon Bridges song: Texas Sun.

03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Pulled out an oldie but goodie this week.
I forgot just how great the “I’m No Angel” album was from the Gregg Allman Band.
It’s one of those records with no fillers..every song is great.
“Just Before The Bullets Fly” is a close second.

I’ve seen the Allman Brothers Band several times. Last time was in 2016, and they were not good at all, but come to find out, Gregg Allman was recovering from a liver transplant and was very weak and sick, and sadly, passed the next year.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine