What are you listening to.....

(non-boating; no politics!)
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

What are you listening to.....

Post by AsLan7 »

After some discussion on the chat forum last night, it sounds like we have quite a few music aficionado's in our midst.

Thought I would start a thread discussing the music we like on our boats (even yacht rock for bbp :D )...or what you may be currently listening to while browsing the forum. At times, I'll open a youTube tab or my Itunes playlist and play an album while surfing the threads here.

I decided to start this thread off with a classic song from Jackson Browne on this cold March day.

Feel free to post your faves...

(just open youTube vid and copy the full URL, and then paste that URL between the brackets created [media][/media] when you click the little TV icon in the editing header here on the forum) 8-) 8-)

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by Ytmsn »

Great idea! I really like Classic Rock, Blues, Fusion Jazz, Classic Country, pretty much any piano music, Instrumental Praise, and Movie Soundtrack scores. Howzzat?

Because of what I do for a living I never really got into any kind of good Fidelity after hearing blaring loud speakers all day long. The first good stereo i ever had installed was actually on my last boat! And I play a guitar and sax so blending into about any genre is fun.

I don't like rap, Swahili, or aborigine music. And while I really enjoy classical I'm not much of an opera fan either.

When I'm traveling alone I rarely turn on the radio anymore. That just now occurred to me and I think it's kind of weird. Probably because over the years I've learned to detune, de-stress, and relish the silence.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

They played this a couple of times at the end of the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction. After being there for 7 to 10 days and watching them tear everything down right after the last car rolls across was pretty apropos. They quit playing it because Craig said it made him to melancholy!

"Black Boats Matter"
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

I don't like rap, Swahili, or aborigine music. And while I really enjoy classical I'm not much of an opera fan either.

Well, I can't say I have any of those playlists built. Maybe Tuscany? :D

After being there for 7 to 10 days and watching them tear everything down right after the last car rolls across was pretty apropos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdbNiUgOJ74
You posted another classic, Yt; "Load out/Stay". Love that one as well. Sure is fitting for your Auctions.....& yes; depressing (at least until the 4 minute mark) 8-)
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

From the number one selling album of all time with the same name...
(according to Guinness Records) 8-)
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Still doing a little after work, work. Need calming background music.

The Barr Brothers
Defibrillation

2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

AsLan7 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:27 pm .
From the number one selling album of all time with the same name...
(according to Guinness Records) 8-)
FINALLY! There's one I know! I was just a year old but I still know that one! LOL
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

I feel confident that no one else....maybe Thunder when his daughter isn't on the boat with him, has a playlist like mine. I'm ok with that!
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
KENTUCKY
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

NautiGirl wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:43 pm I feel confident that no one else....maybe Thunder when his daughter isn't on the boat with him, has a playlist like mine. I'm ok with that!
Details please! :D

It was funny that you mentioned 90's hip hop the other day, we had a (kid-free) Christmas party last year and ended up blasting the 90's hip hop channel on Pandora for awhile. My wife is 4 years older than I am and I have a couple friends who are 5-6 years younger, so we had a 10 year age gap between the youngest and oldest people at the party. Mid-to-older ones went full (middle class white) gangster when Warren G Regulate came on, the younger ones were looking around like WTF just happened :lol:

If I'm by myself I'm blasting mostly hard rock. Shinedown, Theory of a Deadman, Disturbed, Seether, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Nothing More, Rage Against the Machine, Avenged Sevenfold, Tool, etc. My wife doesn't like my "angry music", so she's in charge of the lake playlist since she gives me crap about my stuff. She's good about keeping up with newer hip hop/pop/light rock kinda stuff. I don't know much of it, but it's music and usually has a good beat and there's not a lot that I won't listen to.
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

thunder550 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:57 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:43 pm I feel confident that no one else....maybe Thunder when his daughter isn't on the boat with him, has a playlist like mine. I'm ok with that!
Details please! :D

It was funny that you mentioned 90's hip hop the other day, we had a (kid-free) Christmas party last year and ended up blasting the 90's hip hop channel on Pandora for awhile. My wife is 4 years older than I am and I have a couple friends who are 5-6 years younger, so we had a 10 year age gap between the youngest and oldest people at the party. Mid-to-older ones went full (middle class white) gangster when Warren G Regulate came on, the younger ones were looking around like WTF just happened :lol:

If I'm by myself I'm blasting mostly hard rock. Shinedown, Theory of a Deadman, Disturbed, Seether, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Nothing More, Rage Against the Machine, Avenged Sevenfold, Tool, etc. My wife doesn't like my "angry music", so she's in charge of the lake playlist since she gives me crap about my stuff. She's good about keeping up with newer hip hop/pop/light rock kinda stuff. I don't know much of it, but it's music and usually has a good beat and there's not a lot that I won't listen to.
You and your wife sound just like Jeff and I...your list is identical to his...I always get on him for leaving my truck on the "Lithium" channel...lol.

Boat playlist are a good mix of everything...i like to put it on shuffle and see what happens but there is everything from Dr. Dre, SnoopDogg, Usher, Warren G, Vanilla Ice, Ludacris, Kid Rock,Beastie Boys,Dave Matthews, Justin Timberlake, Kenny Chesney, Chris Stapelton, ZBB, all my bro country (Jeff hates it) Journey, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, ...the list could go on and on...I didn't even touch on my classic country...needless to say I like variety when we are floating and drinking...

But there is never an inappropriate time to bust out Regulators of Ice Ice Baby....always gets the crowd going!
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
KENTUCKY
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Thunder I don't have a clue what you just said. It was all Swahili
And Nauti I can barely keep up with you but at least I recognized some of those names! I never was good at remembering who is who and who played what and when. I guess I recognize the older stuff pretty easy. Jeesh...
"Black Boats Matter"
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Driller wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:24 pm Still doing a little after work, work. Need calming background music.

The Barr Brothers
Defibrillation

Good stuff Driller. Try this out

"Black Boats Matter"
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

Ytmsn wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:43 pm Thunder I don't have a clue what you just said. It was all Swahili
And Nauti I can barely keep up with you but at least I recognized some of those names! I never was good at remembering who is who and who played what and when. I guess I recognize the older stuff pretty easy. Jeesh...
Yes we just showed the generation gap here on CC...good thing we bonded over Cobalt boats and not music :lol: :lol:
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
KENTUCKY
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

NautiGirl wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:51 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:43 pm Thunder I don't have a clue what you just said. It was all Swahili
Yes we just showed the generation gap here on CC...good thing we bonded over Cobalt boats and not music :lol: :lol:
I think you meant to say - "good thing we bonded over Cobalt boats and not music genres". :D

To paraphrase a famous movie director, "Music is one of the three universal languages; the others being film and mathematics."

I certainly appreciate all types of music genre's....some more than others. But, music crosses all barriers and can connect in a way that other means cannot.

I enjoy the soothing sound out of that Canadian Barr Brothers band, Driller.

Nauti & T550, I love your playlists. Great artists there. I'll introduce you to another artist. A little gem our family enjoys from a band out of San Diego, CA. You may hate it but the intent is to broaden our horizons here with this thread. Enjoy some SPG from 2012... :D

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Cool you mention Breaking Benjamin, T550. We have The Diary of Jane on our wake-board (hard) playlist mix. 8-)
Last edited by AsLan7 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)