Search found 4 matches
- Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:05 pm
- Forum: Older Boats and Series
- Topic: Crankcase oil smell at speed
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4189
Re: Crankcase oil smell at speed
The filter base is clean, it may be the valve cover. I cleaned everything and now I can hopefully pinpoint it. If it is an oil leak burning off, do u think it would make enough that it could pull/push out of the engine bay vents at the rear and still be able to smell it? We don’t smell exhaust just ...
- Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:07 pm
- Forum: Older Boats and Series
- Topic: Crankcase oil smell at speed
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4189
Re: Crankcase oil smell at speed
Thanks for all the input, I checked the PCV valve, it is on the valve cover and the hose goes directly into the intake manifold. Actually to the upper runner area and when the boat is running with the hose off it pulls a serious vacuum, the check valve seems to be working when I manually pull vacuum ...
- Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:23 pm
- Forum: Older Boats and Series
- Topic: Crankcase oil smell at speed
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4189
Re: Crankcase oil smell at speed
It looks all hooked up and original.... I have not taken the plastic covers off and followed the tube..... I’ll check that tomorrow....
- Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:32 pm
- Forum: Older Boats and Series
- Topic: Crankcase oil smell at speed
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4189
Crankcase oil smell at speed
]Hello,
I’m a new 1999 220 owner. The boat runs great, good power and seems to run clean...... But at speed anywhere over 3000 rpm we get a crank case oil smell in the boat. Increase with rpm... No smoke just a oil smell that smells unburned. At times it’s pretty bad.
7.4 Mpi with 800 hrs ...
I’m a new 1999 220 owner. The boat runs great, good power and seems to run clean...... But at speed anywhere over 3000 rpm we get a crank case oil smell in the boat. Increase with rpm... No smoke just a oil smell that smells unburned. At times it’s pretty bad.
7.4 Mpi with 800 hrs ...