Search found 14 matches
- Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:22 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: 2012 8.1 alternator.
- Replies: 22
- Views: 4363
Re: 2012 8.1 alternator.
I had to get a marine alt for mine . Stick with a marine alt
- Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:06 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7612
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
I don't know . I will go to the machine shop tomorrow and take some pics . Where would I find the engine tag
- Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:01 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7612
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
Having trouble finding 1 intake valve a reg 302 5.0 l Valve is to small. The head said GT HP what does that mean ???
- Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:58 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7612
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
It sucked the intake valve into the head what would cause 1 cylinder to do that
- Sun May 28, 2017 9:28 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7612
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
Found the misfire after replacement of gaskets . Holy crap number 5&2 cylinder are dead no compression. Checked the lift of the cam that was good . Put air into the cylinder found to be leaking out of exhaust and intake port
- Fri May 26, 2017 3:33 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7612
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
Found the vac leak it was the intake gasket . But here is the kicker no longer made . Any body have any ideas on what to do next
- Fri May 26, 2017 3:18 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7612
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
Found the vac leak the intake gasket needs replaced . But here is the kicker the part is nolonger made . Please help
- Tue May 23, 2017 8:37 am
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7612
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
Thank you I will try that
- Mon May 22, 2017 11:42 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7612
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
Ok thank you . What about soap and water
- Mon May 22, 2017 9:36 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7612
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
I set the timing at 5 degrees btdc just like it says on the placard. What should it be set at
- Mon May 22, 2017 9:31 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7612
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
Can I check for vacuum leak on the boat just like a car with carb cleaner
- Mon May 22, 2017 9:30 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7612
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
I cleaned the spark arrestor out did not check fuel pressure nor did I check for vacuum leak on that cyl. The fuel injector I installed is a day old . And came from vp. I check with a noide light injector is getting power and it does work .
- Mon May 22, 2017 9:18 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7612
- Mon May 22, 2017 8:34 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7612
Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
I have a 98 modal 200 that melted no 5 plug end changed plugs ,wires, cap and rotor , fuel injector , and module . Still have a misfire .