Search found 3 matches
- Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:28 am
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Prop or Engine RPM?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1401
Re: Prop or Engine RPM?
You sure the drive is getting trimmed?
You need more rpms so you would go to fh2 or more which I think is crazy. No one around here with a 380 is using those props. Something else is going on.
Not sure how else I can answer that to prove that I'm sure.
"This is at +1 deg trim. Any higher ...
- Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:51 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Prop or Engine RPM?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1401
Prop or Engine RPM?
I have a VP 6.2 380 and 2.14 DPS-B drive.
Currently propped with FH4.
Boat pulls out of the water fantastic. Problem is I can only get 5300 RPMs Absolute max and 41 mph.
This is at +1 trim. Any higher degree and I get cavitation but obviously I get RPMs.
Boat was delivered to Florida sea ...
Currently propped with FH4.
Boat pulls out of the water fantastic. Problem is I can only get 5300 RPMs Absolute max and 41 mph.
This is at +1 trim. Any higher degree and I get cavitation but obviously I get RPMs.
Boat was delivered to Florida sea ...
- Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:39 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: Coolant and Exhaust Temp Error
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1771
Re: Coolant and Exhaust Temp Error
Does this have closed loop cooling?
If so, everyone forgets the engine has its own water pump. I just had to replace mine.
If so, everyone forgets the engine has its own water pump. I just had to replace mine.