Search found 3 matches
- Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:30 am
- Forum: Older Boats and Series
- Topic: 17 BR Lost Reverse
- Replies: 3
- Views: 750
Re: 17 BR Lost Reverse
I took the drive off. Shifter doesnt move into reverse. Im looking for a lower cable i guess.
- Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:14 am
- Forum: Older Boats and Series
- Topic: 17 BR Lost Reverse
- Replies: 3
- Views: 750
Re: 17 BR Lost Reverse
So when I try to shift it engine off out of the water it goes into fwd just fine. Reverse has A LOT of resistance and will not shift at all. Not sure what you needes pics of so heres a few randos. The shift switch is disconnected in the photo bc I have a new one. But it was lowering rpm normally ...
- Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:21 pm
- Forum: Older Boats and Series
- Topic: 17 BR Lost Reverse
- Replies: 3
- Views: 750
17 BR Lost Reverse
I am pretty new to boat ownership and would like to attempt to fix this issue myself. I have had the outdrive off before and am very mechanically inclined (aircraft mech though). For reference it is a '87 17 BR with an OMC Cobra 4.3. Old I know, but its in great physical shape besides my recent ...