Search found 2 matches

by Strabs15
Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:31 am
Forum: Cobalt Boats General
Topic: 5.7 GI Volvo Penta forward shift problem
Replies: 4
Views: 1273

Re: 5.7 GI Volvo Penta forward shift problem

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it. The boat has 580 hours, the guy that had it before me said he maintained it regularly and the oils look good. I am the 3rd owner and the previous owners look like they took great care of the boat, it is in really good shape. I will check the shift cables ...
by Strabs15
Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:40 am
Forum: Cobalt Boats General
Topic: 5.7 GI Volvo Penta forward shift problem
Replies: 4
Views: 1273

5.7 GI Volvo Penta forward shift problem

Hello all, new to the group. We just bought a 2003 Cobalt 240 with a 5.7GI Volvo Penta. It has ran great for 10 hours that we put on it. Now when we put it in forward it sometimes will rev up and then clunk and surge into gear. If you put it in reverse and then forward it shifts ok. Any suggestions ...