2006 wakeboard tower parts

Post Reply
User avatar
kdogatlanta
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:28 pm
Location: Lake Lanier, GA
Contact:

2006 wakeboard tower parts

Post by kdogatlanta »

I apologize for my first post being a cry for help, but I need help. :P

I seem to have lost one of the four hand bolts that attach the upper portion of my SS tower to the lower portion (which is attached to the gunnels). I need to source a replacement. I have the local Cobalt dealer at Lake Lanier looking for the part, but I fear that it may not be available. Does anyone know who was the manufacturer of the SS towers on 2006 era models? Any suggestions as to finding this part if the dealer is unsuccessful? I am thinking that I may have to have a machine shop make one (or two). You can see in the pic that the port side front fastener is missing. I'm trying to attach a photo of the bolt, but the forum software is not accepting (says cannot verify size of photo).

Thank you for any help you may provide!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2006 220 5.7Gi - DP
Ebony/Citron Yellow
Titaniumboy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:55 am
Location: California
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: 2006 wakeboard tower parts

Post by Titaniumboy »

I can’t tell from your picture whether the knob is made from metal or plastic. If it the knob is plastic, maybe one of these would work? McMaster-Carr calls them “Large-Grip Plastic-Head Thumb Screws”.

https://www.mcmaster.com/hand-bolts/lar ... -screws-7/
2007 Cobalt 240 with Merc 496 MAG Bravo 3
1977 18’ Beachcraft with Ford 302 V8 OMC 190
Whiskey Slough Marina
Holt, CA
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: 2006 wakeboard tower parts

Post by AsLan7 »

.
Hey kda. So glad you found us.

It’s difficult to visualize without that close up pic. A trick is to screenshot the picture and upload the screenshot when you get that sizing error.

Give it another shot.

And welcome aboard mate!

.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
kdogatlanta
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:28 pm
Location: Lake Lanier, GA
Contact:

Re: 2006 wakeboard tower parts

Post by kdogatlanta »

Thanks for the responses! Gonna try uploading a screenshot of the fastener. What makes it a little more complex than a thumb screw is that it has a sleeve that reduces friction when laying down the tower (rotating about the fastener). And the sleeve has a tapered end (at the threaded end).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2006 220 5.7Gi - DP
Ebony/Citron Yellow
User avatar
kdogatlanta
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:28 pm
Location: Lake Lanier, GA
Contact:

Re: 2006 wakeboard tower parts

Post by kdogatlanta »

A picture with the fastener in place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2006 220 5.7Gi - DP
Ebony/Citron Yellow
User avatar
kdogatlanta
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:28 pm
Location: Lake Lanier, GA
Contact:

Re: 2006 wakeboard tower parts

Post by kdogatlanta »

Titaniumboy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:20 pm I can’t tell from your picture whether the knob is made from metal or plastic. If it the knob is plastic, maybe one of these would work? McMaster-Carr calls them “Large-Grip Plastic-Head Thumb Screws”.

https://www.mcmaster.com/hand-bolts/lar ... -screws-7/
Thanks Titaniumboy, that would serve as a foundation for sure. 3/8"-16 thread, 1.5" long would work. Just need a sleeve of some kind if possible!
2006 220 5.7Gi - DP
Ebony/Citron Yellow
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 2006 wakeboard tower parts

Post by Big Block Power »

I think I bought the last one Cobalt had a few years ago. Roswell made that tower. I think you can get that knob from Sampson towers. It's all aluminum though. Other tower brands may work also. I wish I still had the part number but I don't. Sorry.
Maybe a dealer in the country has one. I had to buy it though through the local cobalt dealer.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
kdogatlanta
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:28 pm
Location: Lake Lanier, GA
Contact:

Re: 2006 wakeboard tower parts

Post by kdogatlanta »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:51 pm I think I bought the last one Cobalt had a few years ago. Roswell made that tower. I think you can get that knob from Sampson towers. It's all aluminum though. Other tower brands may work also. I wish I still had the part number but I don't. Sorry.
Maybe a dealer in the country has one. I had to buy it though through the local cobalt dealer.
Thank you BBP!
2006 220 5.7Gi - DP
Ebony/Citron Yellow
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 23 guests