What upgrades have you done to your boat?
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
OK, went over to check out the Stereo, underwater lights, and LED upgrades. Boat is good to go and moving over to the dealer to knock out the mechanical. Really nice job done repairing the gelcoat. Not a sign anything was done.
Thanks for the help with the Mojo YT.
Thanks for the help with the Mojo YT.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
"DIGGIN' IT"
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
Added a new steering wheel today. Sure looks better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
Great job YT!
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
New wheel looks sharp. Very modern. Where did you find it?Ytmsn wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:40 pm Added a new steering wheel today. Sure looks better.
20180303_162424.jpg
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
Yt I got a cobalt sticker for the center of that wheel. Would it stick to it? It's like two inches around.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
Nah, I don't want a sicker on it. Thanks though! Nautie I ordered it from CP Performance. They have a bunch of different wheels to chose from. It definitely changes the looks if your looking for something different!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
-
nolaboater99
- Captain

- Posts: 408
- Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 pm
- Location: Covington, LA
- Contact:
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
Very nice....
Shawn
Shawn
1985 Cobalt CM23
383 Stroker GM Small Block
383 Stroker GM Small Block
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
That wheel rocks! Sits perfectly at home on your helm.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
CP Performance is where Ive seen some of the modern wheels Cobalt uses. When I restored my 240 I started looking as my Cobalt wooden wheel had delaminated and looked like crap. I called my Cobalt dealer and they quoted $1200 for a new one. I'm like, you gotta be fricken kidding me...
When I found CP I discovered many of the modern wheels you see on the new R series are here for sale. And you can get a much less expensive wheel that Cobalt also now uses that has the self leveling logo in the center cap on EBay. You'll have to order the emblem separate though, unless you get one from BB! He has an extra one!
When I found CP I discovered many of the modern wheels you see on the new R series are here for sale. And you can get a much less expensive wheel that Cobalt also now uses that has the self leveling logo in the center cap on EBay. You'll have to order the emblem separate though, unless you get one from BB! He has an extra one!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
- thunder550
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2246
- Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:16 pm
- Location: Scottsdale, AZ
- Contact:
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
Looks great yt!
So I've always wondered, how do those controls work? I'm used to the single throttle/gear control, never used on with multiple levers. Is it just one for throttle and one for fwd/reverse gear? What's the advantage of that over a single lever that does both?
So I've always wondered, how do those controls work? I'm used to the single throttle/gear control, never used on with multiple levers. Is it just one for throttle and one for fwd/reverse gear? What's the advantage of that over a single lever that does both?
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
I stole my steering wheel on eBay with the self centering cobalt center. It rocks. Yt I think the sticker would look cool in that big empty black circle.I love the new style wheels vs the old ones.Ytmsn wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:48 am CP Performance is where Ive seen some of the modern wheels Cobalt uses. When I restored my 240 I started looking as my Cobalt wooden wheel had delaminated and looked like crap. I called my Cobalt dealer and they quoted $1200 for a new one. I'm like, you gotta be fricken kidding me...
When I found CP I discovered many of the modern wheels you see on the new R series are here for sale. And you can get a much less expensive wheel that Cobalt also now uses that has the self leveling logo in the center cap on EBay. You'll have to order the emblem separate though, unless you get one from BB! He has an extra one!
Yes t50000000 the left lever is forward and reverse. The one on the right is the one that counts baby. It's more popular on a boat with twins. Easier to maneuver the boat when docking.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
.thunder550 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:01 am Looks great yt!
So I've always wondered, how do those controls work? I'm used to the single throttle/gear control, never used on with multiple levers. Is it just one for throttle and one for fwd/reverse gear? What's the advantage of that over a single lever that does both?
Kiekhaefer is a big name in power boat racing. Kiekhaefer Aeromarine introduced these throttles in the 1980's. The Kiekhaefer throttle set up gave you more control over shifting using a separate lever. The user did not have to be concerned about too much or too little throttle response while shifting--especially in higher horsepower applications. I actually prefer them over the single style "squeeze grip" Merc set up.
Now Kiekhaefer has evolved into the Mercury Racing Zero Effort series which take their design cues from the original Kiekahefer throttle design.
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
Aslan loce's these. Just sitting on the bench at mercury racing last year. Twin and single set up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
....oooohhh ....those are sweet, bbp!Big Block Power wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:02 pm Aslan loce's these. Just sitting on the bench at mercury racing last year. Twin and single set up.
.
T55000000000000000 or Ytmsn's next upgrade??
( or even Matt's!!)
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?
I do like the separate offshore controls for parking..AsLan7 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:05 pm....oooohhh ....those are sweet, bbp!Big Block Power wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:02 pm Aslan loce's these. Just sitting on the bench at mercury racing last year. Twin and single set up.
.
T55000000000000000 or Ytmsn's next upgrade??![]()
( or even Matt's!!)![]()
.
I really like them for going over a cruiser wake if you get the drives out of the water you can kill the power and keep it in gear without finding nuetral or worse.. Reverse.
Buttttt I'm in love with my twin shift DTS controls!
Automatic synchronized at speed so you don't event have to think about it.. You could use just one one control if you way to be Marvelous haaaaaha.. .
Took me a bit to get used to the zero effort but they are Slick!!
I thank the previous owner that ordered the option
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: DuckDuckGo [Bot] and 24 guests
