Because he has a triumph and wanted a old car and that was the closest he could get.AsLan7 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:54 pmYou're right. ...and you nailed it. (although Mark III is the technical term)Big Block Power wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:51 pm1964 Austin-Healey 3000 Phase 2 Series III [BJ8]AsLan7 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:20 pm .
Who can name the car Curt Smith is driving in this video?....![]()
![]()
![]()
.
Every song on the dance album is great.![]()
Bonus question, why did Curt pick the Austin Healey?![]()
What are you listening to.....
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: What are you listening to.....
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: What are you listening to.....
Nice job! You can do your mic drop..
Btw, I used to go to my friends house and watch MTV for hours (my parents did not believe in paying for cable TV). I once stayed up all night just to see this video come on (which it never did) to see that Austin Healey (since that is what I drove in High School). My friend said, "you've got to see this video. The car is everywhere...with Curt Smith driving it!!!"
.
.

Btw, I used to go to my friends house and watch MTV for hours (my parents did not believe in paying for cable TV). I once stayed up all night just to see this video come on (which it never did) to see that Austin Healey (since that is what I drove in High School). My friend said, "you've got to see this video. The car is everywhere...with Curt Smith driving it!!!"
.
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: What are you listening to.....
Yes there's a reason it didn't come on all night.lolAsLan7 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:58 pm Nice job! You can do your mic drop..![]()
Btw, I used to go to my friends house and watch MTV for hours (my parents did not believe in paying for cable TV). I once stayed up all night just to see this video come on (which it never did) just to see that Austin Healey (since that is what I drove in High School). My friend said, "you got to see this video. The car is everywhere...with Curt Smith driving it!!!"
.
.
![]()
I think we all used to stay up all night and watch MTV. The very first vid is the bestest. Go get that bad boy A7! I think it starts with Music.lol the cars on ZZ Tops vids rocked.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: What are you listening to.....
.
Per your request bbp...a classic first MTV video which debuted in 1981.
.
.
...and yes, as car guys, my friends and I loved ZZ Tops Legs!
Btw, ROCK out YT.
(it was sooo cool seeing those guitars spin in tandem back then)
.
.
.
Speaking of car videos, I love watching this one by Billy Falcon as the message is fantastic...
.
.
Per your request bbp...a classic first MTV video which debuted in 1981.
.
.
...and yes, as car guys, my friends and I loved ZZ Tops Legs!
(it was sooo cool seeing those guitars spin in tandem back then)
.
.
.
Speaking of car videos, I love watching this one by Billy Falcon as the message is fantastic...
.
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: What are you listening to.....
.
My oldest is a John Williams (& Hans Zimmer #2) freak. It's his #1 all time favorite artist and constantly playing in the background at our house on the Echo Dot..
.
Our family enjoys just about everything these guys produce. WATCH the entire video ( I get a kick out of the audience facial reactions) They shred Thunderstruck!
.
.
and of course the masters themselves...
.
.
My oldest is a John Williams (& Hans Zimmer #2) freak. It's his #1 all time favorite artist and constantly playing in the background at our house on the Echo Dot..
.
Our family enjoys just about everything these guys produce. WATCH the entire video ( I get a kick out of the audience facial reactions) They shred Thunderstruck!
.
.
and of course the masters themselves...
.
.
Last edited by AsLan7 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: What are you listening to.....
Great song A7 power windows.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: What are you listening to.....
.
That’s awesome bfun220!
It’s funny. I got a banjo for Christmas. I can’t play anything except maybe my stereo.
My goal is to play the theme from Deliverance before year’s end.
So my son Luke picks it up and in 5 minutes strums out the Deliverance song. I put it back in the case.
.
That’s awesome bfun220!
It’s funny. I got a banjo for Christmas. I can’t play anything except maybe my stereo.
My goal is to play the theme from Deliverance before year’s end.
So my son Luke picks it up and in 5 minutes strums out the Deliverance song. I put it back in the case.
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: What are you listening to.....
Yuppp...that’s the one Bfun. That kids my hero! 
(...& also in our music collection like 99% of this thread.
.
Underrated album that soared up the charts faster than most debuts....
.
Another legend....
.
.
(...& also in our music collection like 99% of this thread.
.
Underrated album that soared up the charts faster than most debuts....
.
Another legend....
.
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: What are you listening to.....
Aslan I had that Zebra album. Good find. I'm not a doors fan at all.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: What are you listening to.....
I hate The Who. Always have, always will. The sad part is I don’t know why. Just got no respect for them. I do like some of Townsend’s solo stuff, so it must have something to do with Roger.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
"DIGGIN' IT"
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: What are you listening to.....
.
Congrats John on your new baby boy. Don’t let the time slip away. They grow up in a hurry....
.
.
Congrats John on your new baby boy. Don’t let the time slip away. They grow up in a hurry....
.
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: What are you listening to.....
.
Clapton on lead guitar combined with Karmen on piano make a perfect combo in this too short Roger Waters song. Sometimes I'll put it on repeat and just fall asleep.
.
I have an excellent condition original pressing of this album. PF produced so many greats. This is audio art perfection though. Listening to the entire DSOTM album this AM...
.
My brother and I enjoyed playing this one from our bedrooms as it always freaked my mom out. It's amazing with sonic holography engaged...
.
Clapton on lead guitar combined with Karmen on piano make a perfect combo in this too short Roger Waters song. Sometimes I'll put it on repeat and just fall asleep.
.
I have an excellent condition original pressing of this album. PF produced so many greats. This is audio art perfection though. Listening to the entire DSOTM album this AM...
.
My brother and I enjoyed playing this one from our bedrooms as it always freaked my mom out. It's amazing with sonic holography engaged...
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: What are you listening to.....
.
Always voted THE number one heavy metal band in Pittsburgh, every year...
(no surprise-- as they are also number one in the nation according to readers of R.S.)
.
.
Always voted THE number one heavy metal band in Pittsburgh, every year...
(no surprise-- as they are also number one in the nation according to readers of R.S.)
.
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests
