2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?

Post by AsLan7 »

.
I know some of you will be disappointed (hopefully I won't be) but I've made a deal on the left over 2016 Cobalt 210 with the V6/280.
Not disappointed at all!
You are going to be the proud new father of a 2016 Cobalt 210....that's fantastic BR99. Congrats!

Maybe ask for a tune up as well (impeller, plugs, oil and and out-drive fluid change, clean flame arrester, etc.) And make sure she runs okay with that leftover gas. Hopefully they used some type of fuel stabilizer.

Any trailer? (if so, how are the bearings, brakes, & tires)
Warrantied items?
Can they throw in a free winterization in the fall?

Remember, it didn't happen unless you have the pics to prove it....like shaking the salespersons hand in front of it. :D
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
ColinC
Captain
Captain
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:14 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?

Post by ColinC »

Congrats!

Good call on the batteries and Aslan's point re: tune-up is valid. Depending on what items you have / don't have, you may want your dealer to throw in some lines, anchor, etc. All the stuff Nav Canada requires can add up if you're starting from scratch. If the dealer won't throw some of it in, ask for the items at dealer cost (or a large discount).
2007 Cobalt 212 with 5.7L Volvo gi
Toronto, Canada
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?

Post by Driller »

Great news BR99. You're gonna enjoy that new boat. A 2016 no less!!! Enjoy.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:16 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?

Post by BobRae99 »

Thanks all.

The boat is sold “water ready” which means all the stuff to meet Canadian requirements plus they will provide dock lines and fenders. I think they also include an anchor. Not sure about the tune up but I’ll ask if it is necessary to refresh the impeller if it’s possible it could have developed a flat spot. The boat comes to me new with the full Volvo Penta warranty, but I’d rather do everything necessary to avoid needing service during our short boating season. I may reach out directly to Volvo Penta to see what they recommend. I plan to ask them o drain the fuel in the tank, stabilized or not, it is almost 2 years old - the boat arrived in the fall of 2016. It is Ebony on a citrin (yellow) bootstrap with standard stereo, rubbed wood dash trim, aft carpet, dual batteries. I’ll be adding a Cobalt Bimini. Pictures won’t be for a while though. I got the boat at a pretty good price but I have to pay for it in full by the end of the boat show. (Early March). I won’t take delivery until mid May though.

I’m not sure what trailer I’m getting other than it is a brand new trailer, but nothing fancy. As long as it is decent quality and appropriate for the boat, which the dealer says it is, I’m not too concerned. It will trailer twice a year, 60 miles each way to the lake and back to storage, so it won’t be getting much on road use.

@Aslan, I’m hesitant to ask for much more from the dealer. The base MSRP price of this boat was $56,000USD in 2016 plus options, which include the 5th Gen Volvo V6/280, ($3,000) plus a few other options, so about $61,000 plus $2,500 freight/pdi, totalling around $64,000, which I calculate at $45,500 dealer cost. I’m paying about $42,000USD which is not a killer deal in the USA, but you have to remember that when the dealer brought this boat in, he landed it at an exchange rate of $1USD = 1.42CAD but today that rate is 1.26, so he could never get his money out of the boat.

The price I’m paying is less than I’ve seen some 2 year old used 200S models with a 240/V6 I’ve seen advertised. Plus I’m getting a basic trailer for a couple of thousand. I tried to get the Bimini thrown in, but the best they would do was sell me the trailer below cost.
2019 Cobalt R3 - V8/350 - Ebony Hull w/ Knock Out Red Edge Stripe
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?

Post by Big Block Power »

very cool. I can't start to spend your money till we see your boat. Pictures or it didn't happened :-)
Yes pulling up the little ones won't be a issue. It's the fatties like me that would be a issue. Again. Congrats!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?

Post by AsLan7 »

Sounds like you thought this one out pretty well, BR99.
How bout winterization? Doesn’t hurt to ask.

Summer can’t come soon enough!
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:16 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?

Post by BobRae99 »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:05 pm very cool. I can't start to spend your money till we see your boat. Pictures or it didn't happened :-)
Yes pulling up the little ones won't be a issue. It's the fatties like me that would be a issue. Again. Congrats!
Time will tell about pulling up the fatties. :)
2019 Cobalt R3 - V8/350 - Ebony Hull w/ Knock Out Red Edge Stripe
dogwspts
Captain
Captain
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:36 pm
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?

Post by dogwspts »

Looking at a 2017 with the 4.5 Mercruser 250 HP Bravo 3 drive. Your thoughts
2017 220S 4.5 250 Mercruser Bravo 3
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:16 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?

Post by BobRae99 »

dogwspts wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:01 pm Looking at a 2017 with the 4.5 Mercruser 250 HP Bravo 3 drive. Your thoughts
In which boat? 210 or 220S?
2019 Cobalt R3 - V8/350 - Ebony Hull w/ Knock Out Red Edge Stripe
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?

Post by NautiGirl »

Correct me if I am wrong, but the last year for the 210 model was 2015. He is looking at a 220s.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:16 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?

Post by BobRae99 »

NautiGirl wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:08 pm Correct me if I am wrong, but the last year for the 210 model was 2015. He is looking at a 220s.
Actually 2016 (I have one). For a 220S, VP DP. I have one in my 210 and even with 5 adults in the boat, it gets out of the water amazingly quick. I’ve pulled 120 lb skier with that load and the boat barely noticed the drag.

I guess larger V8s give you Gear an dprop options for higher top speed, but I’m happy cruising at 25 - 30 mph where’re the fuel burn is reasonable.
2019 Cobalt R3 - V8/350 - Ebony Hull w/ Knock Out Red Edge Stripe
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?

Post by NautiGirl »

BobRae99 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:25 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:08 pm Correct me if I am wrong, but the last year for the 210 model was 2015. He is looking at a 220s.
Actually 2016 (I have one). For a 220S, VP DP. I have one in my 210 and even with 5 adults in the boat, it gets out of the water amazingly quick. I’ve pulled 120 lb skier with that load and the boat barely noticed the drag.

I guess larger V8s give you Gear an dprop options for higher top speed, but I’m happy cruising at 25 - 30 mph where’re the fuel burn is reasonable.
Well it has taken you a few months, but it appears you have finally learned to speak fluent BBP. Good work, makes you an official member of cobaltchat.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?

Post by Big Block Power »

NautiGirl wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:31 pm
BobRae99 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:25 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:08 pm Correct me if I am wrong, but the last year for the 210 model was 2015. He is looking at a 220s.
Actually 2016 (I have one). For a 220S, VP DP. I have one in my 210 and even with 5 adults in the boat, it gets out of the water amazingly quick. I’ve pulled 120 lb skier with that load and the boat barely noticed the drag.

I guess larger V8s give you Gear an dprop options for higher top speed, but I’m happy cruising at 25 - 30 mph where’re the fuel burn is reasonable.
Well it has taken you a few months, but it appears you have finally learned to speak fluent BBP. Good work, makes you an official member of cobaltchat.
It's a great club to be in. Just bring your gas can!

I was looking at the option list from that 2016 220 for sale and it was showing the b3 was using a 4x3 prop set up. That will help the hole shot.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests