What are you listening to.....

(non-boating; no politics!)
User avatar
Soonerfan
Captain
Captain
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:07 am
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by Soonerfan »

Floats my boat by Aer.

Working on getting all my playlists in order for the weekend which starts tomorrow!
2018 R7 Surf (Sold Fall 2021)
2022 R8 Surf Ordered August 2021
nolaboater99
Captain
Captain
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by nolaboater99 »

I'm listening to the pages of the calendar flip as I get closer to my trip to Lake Guntersville and realize how much I still have to do. I don't want to finish and then leave on the trip. I'm going to need time for some shakedown cruises. Where's the Tylenol....
1985 Cobalt CM23
383 Stroker GM Small Block
User avatar
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3478
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:28 am
Location: near Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by Tuscany »

Going back to my high school days. Listening to a little Lynyrd Skynyrd after watching a documentary on the band on AXS tv.
It reminded me what a song writing group they were. Every single song they wrote was great. Kind of tough to get more than two decent songs out of any current groups entire album these days.

And the poor kids of today think Sweet Home Alabama was written by... um... kid rock. Hurts to even write his name. 😂
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by AsLan7 »

Tuscany wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:46 pm Going back to my high school days. Listening to a little Lynyrd Skynyrd after watching a documentary on the band on AXS tv.
It reminded me what a song writing group they were. Every single song they wrote was great. Kind of tough to get more than two decent songs out of any current groups entire album these days.

And the poor kids of today think Sweet Home Alabama was written by... um... kid rock. Hurts to even write his name. 😂
Awesome post, T. 😂

.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by Ytmsn »

Tuscany wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:46 pm Going back to my high school days. Listening to a little Lynyrd Skynyrd after watching a documentary on the band on AXS tv.
It reminded me what a song writing group they were. Every single song they wrote was great. Kind of tough to get more than two decent songs out of any current groups entire album these days.

And the poor kids of today think Sweet Home Alabama was written by... um... kid rock. Hurts to even write his name. 😂
And more importantly, the REASON Sweet Home Alabama was written!

I hope ole Neal will remember..a southern boy don't need him around anyhow

Good post Tusc.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by Driller »

Lynyrd Skynyrd was my band during high school. Sweet Home Alabama,Ballad of Curtis Lowe, and Call me the Breeze. I think Second Helping is one of the greatest albums ever written. Although, I have to give honorable mention to J.J. Cale for The Breeze, LS made it a huge hit and it is better than any other version I have heard of the song.

Sweet Home was one of the first songs I learned to play with a band, and at one time could play the entire lead note for note. Not so much anymore.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
User avatar
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3478
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:28 am
Location: near Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by Tuscany »

All of their albums were great, and Street Survivors was so, so, so damn good. They were just hitting overdrive with the addition of Gaines and the back up girls singing. What could have been..
I think all of us 70’s kids would call them one of our most listened to bands of the day. We knew all of the words, I mean ALL of the words on every album, didn’t we?
I remember I was parking my car in Columbus Ohio when the bad news came across my radio. I remember sitting there in disbelief.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
User avatar
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3478
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:28 am
Location: near Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by Tuscany »

.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:21 am
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by MnLakeBum »

Yesterday the music on the boat started with my 2 teenage daughters playlists which is mostly current pop/R&B stuff. We were surfing with just the 3 of us on the boat so I normally let them choose the music. Later in the day some friends from the UK showed up and we wound up listening to some Moody Blues at his request - quite the contrast in music from early in the day!

Back in the late 80’s when I graduated from college I sold audio equipment for a decade and I’m still a pseudo audiophile. I just ordered a set of Elac Adante’s for our lake home and can’t wait to get them set up. Here’s more info for any of you fellow audio nuts.

http://www.hifi-network.com/2018/01/14/ ... 61-review/
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP
2016 Marker One 28’ with 350 Verado
2019 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage 300 Verado
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by AsLan7 »

MnLakeBum wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:28 am Yesterday the music on the boat started with my 2 teenage daughters playlists which is mostly current pop/R&B stuff. We were surfing with just the 3 of us on the boat so I normally let them choose the music. Later in the day some friends from the UK showed up and we wound up listening to some Moody Blues at his request - quite the contrast in music from early in the day!

Back in the late 80’s when I graduated from college I sold audio equipment for a decade and I’m still a pseudo audiophile. I just ordered a set of Elac Adante’s for our lake home and can’t wait to get them set up. Here’s more info for any of you fellow audio nuts.

http://www.hifi-network.com/2018/01/14/ ... 61-review/
Nice MLB.
You’re speaking my language my audiophile friend.

On a side note, I’m a huge Bob Carver fan.
Image
http://www.bobcarvercorp.com Fascinating individual who as I’m sure you know greatly impacted the audio world. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Carver
Own quite a bit of his pieces including a Lightstar.


McIntosh MT10 turntable purchased last year for the vinyl crowd.

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/turntables/MT10

.
1.jpg
.

Enjoy the music my friend....powerfully, accurately, and loudly. :D 👌🏼


.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by AsLan7 »

In honor of "The Eagles Greatest hits 1971-1975" album in the news today becoming the number one selling album of all time (at least according to RIAA methodology) outselling Michael Jackson's "Thriller'' album. :shock:

Image




On a side note, Wifeeee, I & the kids saw the Eagles live at PPG paints arena last month. Glenn Frey is certainly missed but his son Deacon as well as Vince Gill did an amazing job. Even Joe Walsh and Don Henley still rocked it. My son is a Music Ed major at the local University and plays his trumpet constantly---(it's his favorite instrument). When the Eagles opened Hotel California with a B-flat trumpet it brought a tear to his eye. :D

A sample we recorded from live opening of Hotel California in Pittsburgh w/ B flat trumpet...


....Continuation of Hotel California sample...

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by Driller »

Saw the Eagles in Stavanger, Norway a few years back while Glenn was still alive. I couldn't believe that Don Henly's voice still sounded just as good, maybe better than when he was young. Great band. Grew up singing all their tunes in high school.
Last edited by Driller on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by Driller »

Don't know why, but this song has been playing in my head to about a week.

EL&P. Emerson's synth keyboard solo is iconic.

2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by Big Block Power »

I can't play it A80000055550007777.🤣
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:21 am
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by MnLakeBum »

AsLan7 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:46 pm
MnLakeBum wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:28 am Yesterday the music on the boat started with my 2 teenage daughters playlists which is mostly current pop/R&B stuff. We were surfing with just the 3 of us on the boat so I normally let them choose the music. Later in the day some friends from the UK showed up and we wound up listening to some Moody Blues at his request - quite the contrast in music from early in the day!

Back in the late 80’s when I graduated from college I sold audio equipment for a decade and I’m still a pseudo audiophile. I just ordered a set of Elac Adante’s for our lake home and can’t wait to get them set up. Here’s more info for any of you fellow audio nuts.

http://www.hifi-network.com/2018/01/14/ ... 61-review/
Nice MLB.
You’re speaking my language my audiophile friend.

On a side note, I’m a huge Bob Carver fan.
Own quite a bit of his pieces including a Lightstar.


McIntosh MT10 turntable purchased last year for the vinyl crowd.

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/turntables/MT10

Enjoy the music my friend. 👌🏼


.
I’m a huge fan and very familiar with Carver gear having sold a lot of it back in the late’80’s and early ‘90’s. I was sort out of the high end audio scene for a couple decades until purchasing a set of Magnepan 1.7’s 5 years ago. I’m now recently retired and can see myself getting sucked back into the audiophile world again by buying something like an Aesthetix Calypso preamp!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP
2016 Marker One 28’ with 350 Verado
2019 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage 300 Verado
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests