Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?

Post Reply
BobWiley
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:50 am
Contact:

Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?

Post by BobWiley »

Hi everyone. I'm new. I recently purchased a 2017 CS1 (renamed CS22) with a bimini top. It doesn't have an arch/tower. I'm wondering if my dealer can install a factory tower or if I would have to find a different brand aftermarket tower. Just looking for a little info before I ask the service department. Thanks!
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?

Post by NautiGirl »

That's new enough that you should be able to get a factory tower installed. Cobalt keeps making parts for boats for 7 years after date of manufacture. Call them up and get your tower.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
BobWiley
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:50 am
Contact:

Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?

Post by BobWiley »

Thanks!
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?

Post by AsLan7 »

BobWiley wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:24 amThanks!
.
Hey congrats on your new baby, bobwiley! Any pics?

Btw , some towers require a fiberglass strengthened hull at the attachment point with backing plates done at the factory. Be sure to check on that. It’s not always as simple as just adding a tower....especially if you plan to pull from it (vs adding one just for aesthetics).

In any event, so glad you found us. Is this your first Cobalt?

And welcome aboard mate!

.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
BobWiley
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:50 am
Contact:

Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?

Post by BobWiley »

Thanks. I appreciate the welcome! I'll post some photos when I get a chance. I appreciate the help.
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?

Post by Big Block Power »

I'm going to say that hull is already prepared for a tower.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Location: Columbus, Oh
Contact:

Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?

Post by ajcampen »

Samson towers is the oem on cobalt towers
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?

Post by Big Block Power »

BobWiley wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 am Hi everyone. I'm new. I recently purchased a 2017 CS1 (renamed CS22) with a bimini top. It doesn't have an arch/tower. I'm wondering if my dealer can install a factory tower or if I would have to find a different brand aftermarket tower. Just looking for a little info before I ask the service department. Thanks!
At least you don't want to take one off👌😂
Too soon?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?

Post by Ytmsn »

Welcome BobWiley! Dont worry about BBs comment . We have a little watercooler joke going on...

As A7 said, you'll want to make sure your hull is reinforced at the mounting point. And as BB said, it may already be, but a quick call to Cobalt should answer that question. If it's not, then I'd highly recommend a backing plate to spread the force it'll be taking on. And if you get one dont pull a tube with it. Use your ski eye for that.

Now you need to post pics or your boat does not exist ! It's almost a proven rumor that anyone posting lots of pictures of their new boat is blessed with many hours of carefree boating, while those that don't have issues. Sooo, you dont want to be "that guy"!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?

Post by liquid »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:50 pm
BobWiley wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 am Hi everyone. I'm new. I recently purchased a 2017 CS1 (renamed CS22) with a bimini top. It doesn't have an arch/tower. I'm wondering if my dealer can install a factory tower or if I would have to find a different brand aftermarket tower. Just looking for a little info before I ask the service department. Thanks!
At least you don't want to take one off👌😂
Too soon?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot] and 23 guests