2003 262

(Cobalt Boats)
Post Reply
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

2003 262

Post by liquid »

2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Location: Columbus, Oh
Contact:

Re: 2003 262

Post by ajcampen »

2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: 2003 262

Post by AsLan7 »

ajcampen wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:02 pm How about this beauty

https://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/d/coba ... 09921.html
This one is the unicorn that most would be looking for, AJC. Samuri33 found this one and we spoke about it this morning. Told him I would buy it if he did not hop on it. (he had already put a deposit down on it) :D

It basically has every option with the exception of transom cushions and cockpit heater. Even has the rare perfect pass speedo. Basically brand new with a realistic 220 hours of "real" use (vs hobbs meter). Hopefully he will be driving it from Arkansas to Erie soon. :mrgreen:

Here is the walk around video....
.


.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: 2003 262

Post by tgrace98 »

Darn quite a few 262's for sale. That white one the guy just bought it earlier this season. He posts all the time on the cobalt facebook page.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 2003 262

Post by Big Block Power »

AsLan7 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:25 pm
ajcampen wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:02 pm How about this beauty

https://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/d/coba ... 09921.html
This one is the unicorn that most would be looking for, AJC. Samuri33 found this one and we spoke about it this morning. Told him I would buy it if he did not hop on it. (he had already put a deposit down on it) :D

It basically has every option with the exception of transom cushions and cockpit heater. Even has the rare perfect pass speedo. Basically brand new with a realistic 220 hours of "real" use (vs hobbs meter). Hopefully he will be driving it from Arkansas to Erie soon. :mrgreen:

Here is the walk around video....
.


.
So I'm confused A7. I'm taking too Samari sword guy tonight and he sent me a picture of a white one with a black boot stripe? Did he go and look at a couple of them today? I like this one better for the same price.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: 2003 262

Post by AsLan7 »

Big Block Power wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:08 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:25 pm
ajcampen wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:02 pm How about this beauty

https://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/d/coba ... 09921.html
This one is the unicorn that most would be looking for, AJC. Samuri33 found this one and we spoke about it this morning. Told him I would buy it if he did not hop on it. (he had already put a deposit down on it) :D

It basically has every option with the exception of transom cushions and cockpit heater. Even has the rare perfect pass speedo. Basically brand new with a realistic 220 hours of "real" use (vs hobbs meter). Hopefully he will be driving it from Arkansas to Erie soon. :mrgreen:

Here is the walk around video....
.


.
So I'm confused A7. I'm taking too Samari sword guy tonight and he sent me a picture of a white one with a black boot stripe? Did he go and look at a couple of them today? I like this one better for the same price.
He has a bunch in play. There’s one in Kentucky and another in Stoneboro PA. I’m planning on doing a test drive for him Monday depending on weather conditions. I’m with you though, I highly recommend he go with the one in AR pending a successful survey and test drive.

8-)

.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 2003 262

Post by Big Block Power »

AsLan7 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:15 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:08 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:25 pm

This one is the unicorn that most would be looking for, AJC. Samuri33 found this one and we spoke about it this morning. Told him I would buy it if he did not hop on it. (he had already put a deposit down on it) :D

It basically has every option with the exception of transom cushions and cockpit heater. Even has the rare perfect pass speedo. Basically brand new with a realistic 220 hours of "real" use (vs hobbs meter). Hopefully he will be driving it from Arkansas to Erie soon. :mrgreen:

Here is the walk around video....
.


.
So I'm confused A7. I'm taking too Samari sword guy tonight and he sent me a picture of a white one with a black boot stripe? Did he go and look at a couple of them today? I like this one better for the same price.
He has a bunch in play. There’s one in Kentucky and another in Stoneboro PA. I’m planning on doing a test drive for him Monday depending on weather conditions. I’m with you though, I highly recommend he go with the one in AR pending a successful survey and test drive.

8-)

.
You know this market much better than me so it seems still priced a bit high. But I could be wrong.
Supprised so many are coming on the market right now. Someone must be upgrading right now.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: 2003 262

Post by AsLan7 »

Big Block Power wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:29 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:15 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:08 pm

So I'm confused A7. I'm taking too Samari sword guy tonight and he sent me a picture of a white one with a black boot stripe? Did he go and look at a couple of them today? I like this one better for the same price.
He has a bunch in play. There’s one in Kentucky and another in Stoneboro PA. I’m planning on doing a test drive for him Monday depending on weather conditions. I’m with you though, I highly recommend he go with the one in AR pending a successful survey and test drive.

8-)

.
You know this market much better than me so it seems still priced a bit high. But I could be wrong.
Supprised so many are coming on the market right now. Someone must be upgrading right now.
It’s actually a great price for a 99% fully loaded 262 in that condition with those hours. It’s been on the market five days and will be snapped up. Fortunately S33 was the first to put down a deposit. The other interested party wasn’t fast enough.

With that being said, I gave him some advice on what’s wrong with her to negotiate and hopefully get her for an even lower price :mrgreen:

.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: 2003 262

Post by tgrace98 »

Yep that’s a really good price for that boat.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
samuri33
Commander
Commander
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:15 am
Location: Hampstead NC\Erie PA
Contact:

Re: 2003 262

Post by samuri33 »

I test drove the 2005 262 in Kentucky, white with black strips. Nice boat, but something was up with the engine. It had the Merc 496 HO. WOT topped out at 4500 rpm and 51mph. Expected more R's and speed. I'm flying out to AR for survey and sea trial on the 2004 blue with yellow strip. Stoked about the AR boat.
2004 Cobalt 262 Merc 496 Mag HO, B3
"Mean Bean"
Hampstead NC\Erie PA
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests