Good call on the 380. Just as an FYI cobalt claims that their towers come pre-wired for the largest stereo option regardless of what is on the build sheet. So even if you buy a boat with no tower option the wires are in the tower for four total speakers. I was going to say skip the towers then add them yourself to save some coin - problem is you will not have enough amp channels to run towers so it will be a pain in the ass.tgrace98 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:31 pmYeah you and Dane both make really good points. And this is exactly why I’m not running to the dealer to place an order.NautiGirl wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:57 pmThe stereo package is a tough call. I did quite a bit of snooping during the factory tour, they are doing a really good job of stereo's on the new boats. Gone are the days of inadequate wiring and under powered amps - thanks Malibu?tgrace98 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:58 pm
It’s 1200 for the tablethe first thing that gets nixed from the list is the stereo package. I know I can do it myself or a stereo shop for much much cheaper. It all depends on the percentage I get off list.
You could most likely do it cheaper if you were to shop for deals and install everything yourself. Just as a benchmark our local hometown stereo shop quoted me $1100 in labor alone to install new speakers two amps and a sub. I laughed and walked out.
I would strongly consider the factory stereo package for one reason - it means Cobalt cuts the appropriate holes in the hull at the factory. Ask BBP how nervous he is about cutting a hole for a new Sub - then multiply that by 1000 when you are cutting a hole in the back of your shiny new R7 for transom speakers.
Decisions Decisions.
I think after reading every post in the 380 vs 430 thread I think I’m axing the 430 for the 380. With the section of table rock I’m on conditions are rarely good for going 50+ mph so I’d rather have the faster time to plane and the mid range.
So that being said the mid range stereo with the 2 tower speakers and transom speakers is probably the route I’ll go. So now back to colors.
Yeah - so I guess there are several really convincing arguments for just letting cobalt install the damn stereo. Hell I bet if you made the trip to KS our buddy Rick would let you sit in the boat while the factory did it, just to supervise their work.
If you do order its TOTALLY worth the trip to KS to see the factory. I bet if you made some phone calls you could plan it when your boat was on the factory floor. Yeah - I would do that. I am 50/50 on you mentioning you are part of the Cobalt Chat group - I think we freaked them out a bit by sitting in the office for 6 hours just talking boats. There may be a restraining order against the group at this point.


