Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post Reply
User avatar
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1608
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: St. Louis area
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by Table Rockin »

For sure I hate pulling up 100' of rope with a big ass anchor on the other end. I hate it even more when there is oddly shaped big ass rock wedged in between the forks that gets pulled up with it. So....75', so lets say your in 35" of water. I think you'd end up using up most of that since your line isn't going to be straight up and down. Anyway, if it can be used in 35-40' of water Tim you should consider it.

Thats pretty cool to think I'm all prewired Nauti. I was really confused how you'd run the wires after the fact. Maybe the 2019 boat addition will be some tower speakers.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by tgrace98 »

Table Rockin wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:31 pm For sure I hate pulling up 100' of rope with a big ass anchor on the other end. I hate it even more when there is oddly shaped big ass rock wedged in between the forks that gets pulled up with it. So....75', so lets say your in 35" of water. I think you'd end up using up most of that since your line isn't going to be straight up and down. Anyway, if it can be used in 35-40' of water Tim you should consider it.

Thats pretty cool to think I'm all prewired Nauti. I was really confused how you'd run the wires after the fact. Maybe the 2019 boat addition will be some tower speakers.
Well I misread it comes with 80’ of chain and rope. I figure even in 50ft of water I should have enough rope and chain. I’ve got 100’ on my 8lb digger and never have an issue with rope
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by Big Block Power »

Don't forget the rudder indicator.
I agree that VP has the advantage in tech right now. But if I ordered from our dealer here it would have a merc. They don't order any with VP. Merc is in there back yard so they support them. If I had to choose I guess I would have to drive them. Really we haven't heard anyone do a actual comparison. I'm still not a pillow cushion guy. I would skip that. All of the dirt in between them would drive me nuts. I do like the diff color thread in them though. Honestly if I was ordering I would do a tour first.
Yes 1 harness in every boat. The wires are there TR.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3478
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:28 am
Location: near Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by Tuscany »

The depths of some of your lakes are incredible. We anchor (if ever) in 6’..⚓️
I get the manual issues in deep lakes. I just pull the rope and the anchor is in the boat in 5 seconds.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
User avatar
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3478
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:28 am
Location: near Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by Tuscany »

Big Block Power wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:27 pm Don't forget the rudder indicator.
I agree that VP has the advantage in tech right now. But if I ordered from our dealer here it would have a merc. They don't order any with VP. Merc is in there back yard so they support them. If I had to choose I guess I would have to drive them. Really we haven't heard anyone do a actual comparison. I'm still not a pillow cushion guy. I would skip that. All of the dirt in between them would drive me nuts. I do like the diff color thread in them though. Honestly if I was ordering I would do a tour first.
Yes 1 harness in every boat. The wires are there TR.
I think gdane and YT had them side by each.
I agree BB. Support your community. If it were me, and I had Merc in my back yard, I would do the same.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by Ytmsn »

Tuscany wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:25 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:27 pm Don't forget the rudder indicator.
I agree that VP has the advantage in tech right now. But if I ordered from our dealer here it would have a merc. They don't order any with VP. Merc is in there back yard so they support them. If I had to choose I guess I would have to drive them. Really we haven't heard anyone do a actual comparison. I'm still not a pillow cushion guy. I would skip that. All of the dirt in between them would drive me nuts. I do like the diff color thread in them though. Honestly if I was ordering I would do a tour first.
Yes 1 harness in every boat. The wires are there TR.
I think gdane and YT had them side by each.
I agree BB. Support your community. If it were me, and I had Merc in my back yard, I would do the same.
Gdane has 6.2 and I have a 502. He walked off and left me! I could catch him after a bit but taking off he would leave tgrace and me both with ease.That motor grabs from the bottom and pulls away like it's nothing!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by tgrace98 »

Ytmsn wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:10 pm
Tuscany wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:25 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:27 pm Don't forget the rudder indicator.
I agree that VP has the advantage in tech right now. But if I ordered from our dealer here it would have a merc. They don't order any with VP. Merc is in there back yard so they support them. If I had to choose I guess I would have to drive them. Really we haven't heard anyone do a actual comparison. I'm still not a pillow cushion guy. I would skip that. All of the dirt in between them would drive me nuts. I do like the diff color thread in them though. Honestly if I was ordering I would do a tour first.
Yes 1 harness in every boat. The wires are there TR.
I think gdane and YT had them side by each.
I agree BB. Support your community. If it were me, and I had Merc in my back yard, I would do the same.
Gdane has 6.2 and I have a 502. He walked off and left me! I could catch him after a bit but taking off he would leave tgrace and me both with ease.That motor grabs from the bottom and pulls away like it's nothing!
YT I believe Dane has the 6.0 and not the 6.2. But still he was running away from us low end. I could never catch him because I’ve only got the 375hp version of the 496.

So the 380hp 6.2 will probably feel like a beast to me.

I was looking at the inventory the harbor has and every r series boat they have is equipped with Volvo-Penta motors.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
gdane
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:27 pm
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by gdane »

Table Rockin wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:02 am
Ytmsn wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:18 am Ans with the windless, all you will gain is sucking the anchor up. You still have to break it loose by hand. What will it cost getting that pretty badboy stuck in the rocks?
I've thought about this as well at TR. There are coves that are only 30-50" deep. I guess it depends on how much line the windlass can hold. I also worry about it getting jammed in some rocks. That shit happens to me all the time down there. I have the digger anchor now and thank god for that thing. So the windlass wont start the initial crank up? If it did I would think that would help break it loose......or capsize the boat :) It its stuck you could also just drive over it and pull from the direction it got snagged.

Nauti - so your saying all the towers are pre-wired? So my 2017 R7 has the wires already in there? Is this confirmed? I know the holes are pre-drilled. Mine has little rubber caps in them.
TR If you have the premium stereo option then the tower should be pre-wired. I used the pre-wire to pull a larger gauge wire and power wire for my tower speaker LED lights. I hope that Malibu will upgrade the stereo wiring like they use in their boats?
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
gdane
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:27 pm
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by gdane »

tgrace98 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:59 am
Ytmsn wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:10 pm
Tuscany wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:25 pm

I think gdane and YT had them side by each.
I agree BB. Support your community. If it were me, and I had Merc in my back yard, I would do the same.
Gdane has 6.2 and I have a 502. He walked off and left me! I could catch him after a bit but taking off he would leave tgrace and me both with ease.That motor grabs from the bottom and pulls away like it's nothing!
YT I believe Dane has the 6.0 and not the 6.2. But still he was running away from us low end. I could never catch him because I’ve only got the 375hp version of the 496.

So the 380hp 6.2 will probably feel like a beast to me.

I was looking at the inventory the harbor has and every r series boat they have is equipped with Volvo-Penta motors.
TR and YT Couple of notes One Cobalt had a falling out with Merc and went with Volvo as their inventory motor Plus Volvo sends their techs out to the plant to be sure all is running smoothly. My 2016 was one of the last boats built before Cobalt switched to the 2017 models so I received one of the first 6.2 motors and didn't have to pay for the 2017 bump in price. I have had fun with the boat vs some friends that have larger motors YT is right my hole shot is crazy I'm out in front before they catch up if they can. It's a sweet motor. Don't think I would pay the extra for the 430 upgrade for the extra 2 to 3 miles on the top end?
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by Ytmsn »

Yeah I thought it was a 6.2, and you're right, it has a crazy hole shot. In that regard, yes, a 380 hp fuel efficient small block would be the way to go over ordering a 430 hp small block for an extra $12,000 clams.

But it doesn't have that ruuUMble of a big block!

#bUmpitybUmpitybUmpitybUmpitybUmpitiy
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by Big Block Power »

Also not to take anything away from YT's 502 or any other 17 year old engine but that's really comparing apples to oranges. I'm sure all of our 10 year and older engines lost a few ponies under the hood. I won't argue the vp 380 and 430 got it going on. And I'll take either so don't get me wrong. But run a 2018 merc 8.2 and a vp 430 or 380 in a r7 not a 262. And then see what you get. I know lastgrt1's merc 496 is faster than my 8.1 gxi every single engine and prop set and hull is diff.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1608
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: St. Louis area
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by Table Rockin »

gdane wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:18 am My 2016 was one of the last boats built before Cobalt switched to the 2017 models so I received one of the first 6.2 motors and didn't have to pay for the 2017 bump in price.
Gdane....how did you get the 6.2 in a 2016 build when my 2017 build has the 6.0? That seems crazy. At least I think mine is the 6.0.....pretty sure it is. Just wondering from a mfg perspective how that could happen? Mine is the 430 so maybe the 6.2 430s werent getting put in yet?
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
User avatar
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1608
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: St. Louis area
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by Table Rockin »

I have an idea.....sort of a followup get together. Lets all meet at the STL boat show this year and hover over Tim while he negotiates. Kind of like his boating subconscious. That wouldn't be creepy at all.....for Tim or the dealer.......;)
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by Ytmsn »

Table Rockin wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:09 am I have an idea.....sort of a followup get together. Lets all meet at the STL boat show this year and hover over Tim while he negotiates. Kind of like his boating subconscious. That wouldn't be creepy at all.....for Tim or the dealer.......;)
Ha! Especially if we all dress up like Vikings with battle axes and just lurk around him giving Viking scowls!

Best deal on a new boat EVER!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Post by tgrace98 »

Table Rockin wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:09 am I have an idea.....sort of a followup get together. Lets all meet at the STL boat show this year and hover over Tim while he negotiates. Kind of like his boating subconscious. That wouldn't be creepy at all.....for Tim or the dealer.......;)
Haha the STL boat show is a good time. It is mostly people drinking boat drinks on pontoons they know they aren't going to buy. I don't like how it is heavily bias towards LOTO boating. Last year the wife and I attended the STL boat show and the Springfield MO lake life expo and liked the Springfield one better. It was obviously a lot smaller but geared more towards TRL boating.

I'm actually thinking about sneaking down to the lake on MLK day weekend and talking to the Harbor on MLK day. Right now they are closed on the weekends due to winter and all the boat shows.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 12 guests